• Katy, TX
Votes |
Just do it!!!

Jason Cummins
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Katy, TX
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

Take this for what it is worth!

I am not a seasoned investor. In fact I started just last August. Since then I have rehabbed a house, have 2 rental units, and have wholesaled a handful of houses. I have an offer on a couple different REO's that I will rehab and sell, or rent now too, and a few promising leads for wholesaling. Needless to say I am starting to get busy, and it's great.

I say all that to say this. I notice there are a lot of people out there right on the cusp of investing. Making sure all your P's & Q's are in the right spot, dot the I's and cross the T's. Making sure the 6 P's are in order (Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)

First off, there is nothing wrong with being educated before you do something. Planning and knowledge will help you succeed. But you can also get stuck planning and planning and planning, and never ever doing.

I know, I was there...

I bought some books, a couple courses, went to a few local boot camps, trainings, yada. They all helped, but I had become obsessed with making sure I was ready. Truth was, I had been ready.

Your going to make mistakes, and the best education is walking through the mistakes.

Get out there, make your first offers, stop doing nothing. Just like nike says, "Just Do It". You will prepare yourself to death if you never budge. Make February your month to start, whether full time or part. The trick is to just get it done, if you never try, you'll never know. Many people will back out, simply because they never tried, and you will psyche yourself out, and just say its too hard.

It's not too hard, just get out there are do it already. No more excuses!!

Loading replies...