23 Years old and want to get started in real estate now!!!

3 Replies

Hey!

I am 23 years old and just bought my first house! I've been wanting to get started in real estate since I was 16 finally started! Bought my first house way under market and I have plenty of equity in my home. I want to start by being a landlord and when I get the money start flipping. Any tips for financing properties what I should get and why? I live outside of Buffalo, NY and home prices are very low but I am not the richest guy so Looking for tips on financing properties.

@Aaron Rizzo  If you have enough equity than you can do a cash out refinance and use that to put down on your next rental. 

Definitely start by reading the Ultimate Beginners Guide http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Once you have a better understanding of the various methodology of real estate investing, start refining your research to things that interest you. 

Do research on BP, set up keywords, listen to the podcast, maybe buy some books, know all the lingo, attend local REI meet-ups, connect with people, and just BE ACTIVE!

there are lots of way to get started! What is your work history? Can you move into a larger house and rent our rooms building equity while having someone else paying off your bills? This would allow you to buy pure rentals with 20% down .

There are lots of way to "skin the cat". We got started at 23 and used frugal living/transient living to get started. Everyone has their own plan and path to reXh that goal!

Look around bp at the blog post, forum and podcast! There are more resources than you image !

Good luck! Let me know if I can help!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.