Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2008 · 90 posts · 8 votes
17y
There's a best way and a least expensive way:
Least expensive way:
Make a list of every investor you find in an excel spreadsheet or Outlook Contacts:
* Houses for sale in classified ads that have words like "lease/option" and "renovated" or other signs that it's an investor selling it. Call these guys and get their contact info.
* Contact info on people listing houses in Craigslist.org or Kijiji.com
* People who put up Stop Foreclosure or We Buy Houses Signs
* People you meet at REIA meetings
* People who respond to your For Sale ads and signs
The best way:
* All of the above, plus doing some internet marketing to get people to fill out an opt-in form on your website to be on your buyer's list.
This takes some time to learn and some money to get a site with autoresponders, but is totally worth it in regards to the time it can save you. There's a chapter about this in the book This Market Stinks, where Sam Bell talks about how he does it.
Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2008 · 90 posts · 8 votes
17y
There's a best way and a least expensive way:
Least expensive way:
Make a list of every investor you find in an excel spreadsheet or Outlook Contacts:
* Houses for sale in classified ads that have words like "lease/option" and "renovated" or other signs that it's an investor selling it. Call these guys and get their contact info.
* Contact info on people listing houses in Craigslist.org or Kijiji.com
* People who put up Stop Foreclosure or We Buy Houses Signs
* People you meet at REIA meetings
* People who respond to your For Sale ads and signs
The best way:
* All of the above, plus doing some internet marketing to get people to fill out an opt-in form on your website to be on your buyer's list.
This takes some time to learn and some money to get a site with autoresponders, but is totally worth it in regards to the time it can save you. There's a chapter about this in the book This Market Stinks, where Sam Bell talks about how he does it.
A few faux ads, on free advertising/classifieds sites such as craigslist.com, and Kijiji.com as the poster above mentioned will have investors contacting you.
Networking at local REIAs has also worked well for me. But by far the websites above have helped me build my investor database the most.
Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y
Originally posted by Mark Yuschak:
What are some catchy ads you guys use for Craigslist? I've posted a couple in my area and got no responses.
Mark, I've posted fake properties on craigslist before. What I did was took an old pic of my house and created an ad on postlets.com b/c they have a quick link to craigslist tab and I used catchy words like, 'rehabbers special' rehabbers dream' 'investors only, needs major work'................Now I know that's a little mis-leading however I did receive calls from the exact guys/girls I wanted calling me. I didn't receive a lot of calls but the calls I did get were serious rehabbers/buyers and thats all that matters.