What do you think about my business card design?

What do you think about my business card design?

Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 15 votes

Hello everyone,

I am in the process to order new business card as a new Buy and Hold Rental real estate investor for networking events. It will be helpful to get your inputs on the current design, any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

4Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Haverhill, MA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 5 votes
9y

     I really like the design of the business card, in fact I really like it. If I were being critical, there may be two things I would change.. If it were mine is I would take off "Buy and Hold". It seems that buy and hold may be the only path you want to take in real estate and that's awesome, but having that on there may limit you if you decide to change gears and do more types of investing in the future. Then you'll have a ton of cards with limited information.

     The only thing I might do is put a thin, light colored border around your picture. It may not seem to make a big difference but I think it helps make it look just that much cleaner and more professional.

     I don't mean to sound critical because I like the design and everything. What website did you use to design your business card?

Be humble. Be hungry.

Joe

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Isaac S.Pro Member
    Northern, CA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 25 votes
    9y
    looking good. nice design.
  • Investor · Haverhill, MA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    9y

         I really like the design of the business card, in fact I really like it. If I were being critical, there may be two things I would change.. If it were mine is I would take off "Buy and Hold". It seems that buy and hold may be the only path you want to take in real estate and that's awesome, but having that on there may limit you if you decide to change gears and do more types of investing in the future. Then you'll have a ton of cards with limited information.

         The only thing I might do is put a thin, light colored border around your picture. It may not seem to make a big difference but I think it helps make it look just that much cleaner and more professional.

         I don't mean to sound critical because I like the design and everything. What website did you use to design your business card?

    Be humble. Be hungry.

    Joe

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    @Isaac S. Thanks!

    @Joseph Gallant I really appreciate your feedbacks, they're very helpful! and I used Vistaprint for the design =)

  • Mike DmuchoskiPro Member
    Realtor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2014 · 158 posts · 56 votes
    9y
    I think it looks great. Simple, crisp, and professional with easy to read contact info and (importantly) your face. My first thought when I saw the image was "turnkey", which may or may not be your intention, but I was probably looking at it too literally! Best of luck.
  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    i do like the card and @Joseph Gallant suggestions.  Your great smile helps the look.  The only addition comment I would have is the font used on the phone number.  Everything is clear, but the 2s are a little different.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Business cards are a useless waste of time and money. They pile up on everyone's desk, then eventually get dumped into a recycle bin. Social media and your iphone are the new business cards. This is the first place all new investors with nothing to do start. They want to be productive, but are actually just doing nonsense; designing business cards. Next will be hunting for the perfect domain name, email address, business name and on and on.  Spend your time making offers. Or at least practicing making offers. Offers are the business cards you should be handing out to the people you want to do business with. Those will actually get someone to call you back.

    If I meet someone I want to talk to again, I put that person into my phone. If I take a business card, it is because I don't see any reason to talk to them again, and that card ends up in the trash by the exit door.

  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Looks great.  Now hand out and collect 1000 over the next 6 months and you will be off to a good marketing start.

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    I never like to see personal pictures on business cards. Reminds me primarily of Real Estate sales agents, insurance agents etc. that are trying to sell something I don't want. 

    Personal pictures is selling yourself as opposed to your business or product.

    No personal pictures on my business cards, web sites or anywhere else.  

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2012 · 506 posts · 331 votes
    9y

    Your business card is fine.  It'd be fine, too, if it were just a white background with your contact info.  Or a pink one.  Or whatever.

    Spend more time finding houses and less time designing websites, business cards, "building a team," etc.  The design of a business card hasn't ever bought or sold a deal for me - or cost me one, either.

  • Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2017 · 94 posts · 72 votes
    9y

    I have designed business cards for years and will throw in my two cents...

    - "White Space" is important in advertising. In other words, a sparse ad will always attract the eye quicker than a crowded/wordy ad. Your card is not crowded, per se, but it needs a space between Real Estate Investor and the phone number. That can be accomplished by taking out "Buy and Hold". The phrase in not needed and will give you space. 

    - The fonts are a little too 'weird'. Try a simple Sans Serif font like Ariel or Helvetica. Simple, and quickly readable, is best in business.

    Other than that, I think it's great! Colors are good, picture is fine (helps put a face to the name), love the in focus/out of focus picture. Good job.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Perhaps THE test would be can people with vision issues read it without their glasses ...

    My $0.02 ...

  • Rental Property Investor · Albany, OR · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    The photographer side in me says that your BP profile photo is a better head shot. The one on the card works but I just like the profile photo better, its a little more inviting.

  • Architect · Papillion, NE · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 840 votes
    9y

    I would agree that your BP profile is better than what is on the card.  Not sure I like the picture of door knob and keys.  Remember this is YOUR branding.  Branding is very important in marketing. I might use / create company logo.  Current trends I see with cards are qr codes where people can scan your contact info or get to a website. Don't print on glossy because its hard to write on them if you wanted add notes to the cards.  I like how the card is simple and information is clear.   Do you want to consider an address? Maybe not.   

  • Property Manager · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Great design! Best of luck. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Quincy, MA · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jim Adrian:

    Not sure I like the picture of door knob and keys.  Remember this is YOUR branding.  Branding is very important in marketing. I might use / create company logo.    

    I didn't want to be the only dissenting opinion but I agree with the above on the knob & keys. My eyes are drawn to that over your pic and contact info. As a branding piece, you can use that area for whatever that might be for you/your company.

    I don't agree that the BP pick is better. My first instinct is that it is too glam. I am not sure I'd have a pic on the card at all. Just my thoughts but both don't seem to be popular ones here.

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    Thank you everyone for your inputs! I will take them all to consideration =)

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 238 posts · 44 votes
    9y
    I'm curious, when we send out hand written ellow letters/cards creating we are a simple individual WA noting to buy a house how you reconcile the other impression a card, like this one, makes out the person on he card is actually a real estate professiona?
  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    There is an expression used in the printing business,.. getting Vista-ed. It's what has occurred in that special moment when you open up the box of your flimsy $9 buniness cards -- the ones with the top of your head cut off -- and you proceed to throw them into the circular file.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.