Who is investing in San Antonio TX ?

Who is investing in San Antonio TX ?

Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes

Hi all,

Who is investing in San Antonio TX? And what is your most recent deal?

Just trying to get a thread started and meet people that are investing in San Antonio.

6Reply
230 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 28 votes
7y

@Chris Hutchens based on previous comments it looks that you're looking to acquire long term rentals. I would recommend you looking in areas such as Live Oak, Schertz, Lackland Anything really above 410. These areas are known for better school districts, less turnover, safer areas, all resulting in better tenants taking care of your investment.

If you're looking to flip a home I would recommend areas in the near east, I've worked with several investors that have topped the market in multiple different pockets. If you drive for dollars you will come to find that the area is flooded with other investors like yourself in the trenches. I would keep my eyes and ears open to Denver Heights (west of Walters), Highland Park, and Riverside!

I live, work, and play in downtown San Antonio and i'm extremely familiar with all the action that is going on in my backyard.

Id be happy to meet with you when you come down @Chris Hutchens and anyone else that is looking to acquire additional market knowledge in the San Antonio area.

See this reply in the discussion

74 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    I am educating myself on the process and hoping to get some properties soon!  Nice to meet you!

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Jonathan Foster nice to meet you!

    Are you from San Antonio? And is that where your also planning to invest?

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens Hi Chris, I'm not investing yet but I am relocating to San Antonio at the beginning of July.

  • Investor · Boerne, TX · Member since 2015 · 139 posts · 71 votes
    7y

    I've been here for a year and a half and have yet to do a deal. I have made offers, received countless emails from wholesalers and agents but still no deal. Still analyzing every day but having trouble finding deals that cash flow after rehab, especially with the property taxes. But, not giving up, plugging away every day and it will happen.

  • Real Estate Agent · Pleasanton, TX · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens I'm from the san Antonio area and recently started getting into real Estate a couple years ago no deals yet just been researching. The market in San Antonio is hot right now I figure the best way to get out there is to start going to local reia meetings Sareia has them every month good content as well. So I will start attending those and go from there good luck to you!!

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens I’m in Canyon Lake just north of San Antonio. Welcome to the area, and there great deals to be had here in the San Antonio area.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 344 posts · 268 votes
    7y

    Hey fellow SA folks! 

    My most recent deal was turning my primary residence into an Airbnb and moving in with a friend.  Also last November I bought a single family house that is an airbnb and it has a 1/1 apartment in the back that is a long term rental. 

    This year I'm looking to pick up a multi family property, rehab my first house, and pick up at least one more airbnb (either purchase or as a long term rental arbitrage).  

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Justin Markland that’s awesome what part of SA are you moving to?

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Jerry Sanders nice meeting you! Good luck to you as well!

    @Mike Cassel what deals are you into at the moment? And what kind of deals are you finding as far as buy and hold or BRRRR deals?

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Aaron Bihl that’s an interesting strategy to turn your primary into an Airbnb but I like it! I’m going to PM you about some other info.

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Chris at the moment we've been working on building just completed an sfr and moved in going to stay in it for a little while longer and then sell to get equity out.  I have a client that is going to list his fourplex in San Antonio in June and he wants to move into a different business category. A lot of my business right now has been clients purchasing new homes, and homes near the college to rehab and hold for rentals. Deals can be found but it does take some effort. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 167 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens I'm an active investor in San Antonio and Houston. I started investing last year and have completed two deals in San Antonio. House hacking a duplex, and I just finished a flip in the NW area. Currently looking for the next deal! Are you looking to begin investing in San Antonio?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 167 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens I'm an active investor in San Antonio and Houston. I started investing last year and have completed two deals in San Antonio. House hacking a duplex, and I just finished a flip in the NW area. Currently looking for the next deal! Are you looking to begin investing in San Antonio?

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens I'm an air Force vet finishing my degree at Texas State before moving back to San Antonio! I'm trying to take this time to read and understand more before I buy more houses. (My first house in New Mexico isn't super profitable, but I had no clue what I was doing back then)

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Alex Kamunyo that’s great! How has your experience been house hacking the duplex? Yes I am interested in investing in San Antonio just trying to get some more information about neighborhoods and then I plan on investing in some buy and holds possibly some rehabs as well.

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Ryan Wakabayashi that’s great I am doing the same thing trying to learn as much as I can and network with as many people as possible In the cities that I would like to invest in. I’m from ellensburg WA and prices are through the roof here and don’t make for a good buy and hold my price/rent ratio would be around .5-.6%

  • Steve RozenbergPro Member
    Specialist · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Brad Larsen runs a great property management company in San Antonio and is very well connected to the investor community. I would recommend you chat with him as he has a wealth of knowledge 

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Steve Rozenberg thank you for the Info will connect with him!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2019 · 151 posts · 92 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens Been lookin in SA specifically for a few mos now. Going to jump in sooner than later after a prop in the upper Midwest closes .. serious revitalization going on and some big appreciation

  • Ellensburg, WA · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Andre' Arceneaux what area or areas have you been looking into?

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2019 · 151 posts · 92 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens Eastside primarily (most distressed area that is a big focus outside of downtown), Harvard Place/Eastlawn, Denver Heights .. many near St Phillips Coll, UTSA, & the AT&T Ctr .. and expand out

  • West Lebanon, NH · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Steven Gillmer

    Are the property taxes higher in San Antonio than other cities in Texas or is it just Texas itself?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Chris Hutchens

    I’ll be following this thread! My wife and I moved from Southern California to San Antonio and are currently house hacking a 4plex. Needed some minor cleanup and fix up but so far so good

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 38 votes
    7y

    I am also actively looking in the San Antonio area along with my partner who is originally from there. We're focused on the areas east and southeast of downtown and the Woodlawn Lake & immediately surrounding areas. Our goal is to close on a 10-30 unit building by the end of the year. There's a lot going on and we're very excited to invest in a city we care about and with so much growth. Just check out this crane watch:

    https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/maps/project-watch

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    @Steven Gillmer my brother and old Army buds live there and I have also been looking but YES those Taxes are no JOKE

    I am coming that way in July and may cruise around looking though, Its booming there

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.