Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Chad Lewis
Votes |
Best online education program

Chad Lewis
Posted Oct 27 2022, 16:33

Hey everyone, new on here and am looking to get my real estate license. I’m looking for a fully online class that does not tie me to class times. My current job schedule is way to unpredictable for class. Any input would be great, Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Ron Martin
  • Homeowner
  • Dumfries, VA
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Dumfries, VA
Replied Oct 28 2022, 04:00

I had decided on Aceable Agent but did Moseley online instead. It has an online text, glossary, and the course is several modules with quizzes which must be passed in order. I breezed through those which opened up practice tests which opened up the final. I passed that first time which opened practice tests for the state and national exam.

Somebody on another site recommended buying the PSI test prep package which I did. I found the Moseley test prep materials helped more than the PSI stuff even though the licensing exam was from PSI. I passed state and national first time and my application is among the probably much smaller stack of agent applications at DPOR Virginia.

Moseley has no bells or whistles and I didn't discover the charts and diagrams until I was finished. The cost of the course also includes post licensing materials which meets those requirements.

User Stats

Votes
Gideon Sylvan
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 31 2022, 15:03

A Plus Now has a PDF version of the class where you record your own hours. Just to be clear, I am not recommending you fake your hours, but some people prefer reading a PDF on their phone to sitting in front of a computer clicking next.

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Levi Dobson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 12 2023, 20:09

I went with realestateschool.org. i think most of the online real estate schools are pretty similar. It has several modules that you have to complete in sequential order. They provide PDF if you do not want to click through all the slides and listen to the audio (which is not great). You do not have a ticker timer for the 90 hours (you log up to 10 hours a day). I found that the quizzes/exam/final on realestateschool.org were more difficult than National and State portion of the RE exam. I passed both portions on the first try. If I remember right you have 6 months to complete all the course work and final on realestateschool.org