• Voorhees, NJ
Votes |
New market need to find clients to work with

Dennis Rogov
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Voorhees, NJ
Posted Dec 27 2022, 06:17

Hello,

I have been in the real estate space for over a decade first as a residential real estate agent. I then transitioned to real estate investor where I did wholesaling and other off market strategies. In the past 3 years I transitioned to commercial and multifamily investing I got experience to be part of GP team and served as a capital raiser and deal finder..

I am now moving to a completely new market I don’t know anyone or have any solid connections.

What would you do if you needed to drum up investor clients who are looking to purchase an investment property via cash or traditional financing?

User Stats

Votes
Sanat Bhandari
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Dec 27 2022, 08:24

@Dennis Rogov I'd start with going to that town's local REIA meetings and introducing myself to everyone there

Keep on continuing the process and make your purpose and goal of being there as intentional and transparent as possible (e.g. "I'm here to market my services to folks looking to purchase an investment property"). Not only will this earn you more business but transparency will reflect on your character. Not exactly the same arena but this is exactly what I did when I started out in the investment lending space and it has served me well

User Stats

Votes
Oscar Pinto
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ontario CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ontario CA
Replied Jan 19 2023, 18:19

I'd make a FB paid ad for "off market 12 unit properties for sale in City" and call and qualify each lead, they'll be a lot, and find some buyers that way. 

i would look up recent sales of 12 unit properties on the area and call those buyers and find out if they are interested in buying more.

cold call 6 unit owners and ask if they want to trade up to 12.

btw I'm using 12 as an example. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jared Hottle
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cedar falls IA Waterloo, IA
Replied Jan 20 2023, 11:18

There are a few things I would do to drum up investor clients looking to purchase an investment property:

1. Network: I would reach out to my personal and professional network to see if they know of any investors looking to purchase an investment property.
  2. Marketing: I would create a marketing campaign to target potential investors, including online ads, direct mail, and social media promotion.
  3. Host events: I would host informational events or seminars to educate potential investors on the benefits of investing in real estate and how to purchase an investment property.
  4. Online presence: I would make sure to have a professional website, and an active social media presence, to showcase my expertise, my properties and my team.
  5. Be a resource: I would be a resource for investors by providing them with information on the local real estate market, including property listings, market trends, and financing options.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 20 2023, 22:44

Same things you did to be successful in your previous market.