regarding current tenant lease

regarding current tenant lease

Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 4 votes

Recently I purchased a property with one month tenant lease. I contacted the agent few times to schedule a time for me to go into the property for less than 2 hours, but he never did even he told me he would help me with it. Am I able to contact the tenant directly to schedule a visit or it has to go thru the agent?

0Reply
58 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    2y

    The agent should have nothing to do with the deal after the sale. Did you hire them as your PM? I suggest you hire a “real” PM that does it for a living. You shouldn’t ever have to visit the property if you aren’t self managing it. Please don’t hire a real estate agent as your PM. I’ts not what they’re good at. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Its for a flip and sell property, and I bought it from a wholesale company. 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    2y

    Who’s managing the property? Who’s collecting rent and dealing with the tenant? Did you get the security deposit from the wholesaler? Have you asked the tenant to vacate the property so you can sell it? (90% of buyers will be owner occupants who can’t/wont buy a tenant occupied home.) check with your local landlord tenant laws about notice periods, post a notice and being a witness. If it’s not a hurry mail them a certified non-renewal end of lease notice (with the local required notice period.) you can include a notice of inspection before then or after they have vacated. 

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    If you own the property than you no longer have to go through anyone to contact YOUR tenant. Whether if there is PM in place or not you can contact the tenant directly. If you do have a PM than I would suggest having them do their job but you don't have to.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    If you own the property than you no longer have to go through anyone to contact YOUR tenant. Whether if there is PM in place or not you can contact the tenant directly. If you do have a PM than I would suggest having them do their job but you don't have to.


     Appreciate it! There is NO PM in place currently. 

  • Jay ThomasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 715 votes
    2y

    You should reach out to the tenant directly to set up the property visit.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.