Why do agents not want to talk to me?

Why do agents not want to talk to me?

Member since 2025 · 13 posts · 11 votes

I’ve been making some phone calls to agents and I’d say only 1/5 actually stay on the line to talk.

With the rest it seems things are going well until I mention that I’m an investor.

Why? I thought investors and agents work together - why are they hanging up like I’m a salesman?

9Reply
982 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo

@Samuel Shemtov Get a pre-approval letter from a U.S. lender showing how much you qualify for, and share with the agent.  That will show you're more serious and won't waste the agents time.

I've come across a number of properties where the agent wouldn't show it unless you had the pre-approval letter.

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dean HarrisBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    @Samuel Shemtov

    You are calling the wrong agents. Agents that dont work with inveostrs usually run from the transaction because of the potnetial of a lower sales price and their lack of any knowledge about those locations where you source investment deals. 

    Next, you might be calling in a non investor friendly market where they dont have any or many investor only agents. Give Memphis a try. Check out our cash flow potential and then educate yourself a little on the city by listening to my podcast I host every week on learning how to invest in Memphis TN. You can simply search for The Investors Guide to Memphis Real Estate wherever you listen to podcasts or watch us on our Youtube Channel

    Best of luck! 

    CrestCore Realty4.713 Reviews
    View Page
  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    Halitosis?

  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    Halitosis?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.