Syracuse, NY

20 Replies

Hello guys/gals,

I'm a beginner in Syracuse, NY and looking to get into the game. I'm looking for my first multifamily investment which will be an owner occupied property. I'm looking to link up with an investor friendly real estate agent to help me find the right property to get my business going on the right foot. Thanks 

Good afternoon, I'm starting to look in Solvay/Tipp Hill, outer Comstock, Eastwood, Valley area. Going for my pre approval next week. All I need is this first property and I'm off and running. How about you?

@Greg B.   @Craig Shute  

Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 70 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

@Greg B.  There is a local Real Estate Investing Club that meets in North Syracuse once a month -- its the only one in the area I have found.  There are many great people there who could probably connect you with some good local investor friendly agents if you are still in the market for one.  Best of luck!

Greg,

I'm an agent in Syracuse with also an interest in REI. As Tia mentioned above, there is a real estate investing group that meets in North Syracuse. If you haven't already met them or want to know more about them, here is a link to their website - http://reicny.org

Feel free to connect with me or shoot me a message if I can personally be of any assistance.  Thanks

-Chris

Hello all! Born and raised in Syracuse and now living in Badlwinsville. I currently own one rental in mattydale area, which was my former residence and now looking to purchase more.

I am a mailman so I have a good sense of the neighborhoods around Syracuse I think. I have to save a little more to make sure I have the required 20-25% down for another investment property and then I can find another property. 

I'm trying to get a feel for the market and how things work around here. I am also thinking of getting my real estate license mainly for the knowledge and to get access to the MLS.

I'm looking for a good realtor to work with in the meantime and also a investor lender and maybe a mentor.

Thanks,

Nick

Hello Everyone,

I used to live in Syracuse and I relocated about a year ago. I'm selling my 9 unit and my 6 unit. They are both great for investors looking for a turn key cash flowing asset. 

Contact me if you are interested 

Louis

Originally posted by @Louis Solomon :

Hello Everyone,

I used to live in Syracuse and I relocated about a year ago. I'm selling my 9 unit and my 6 unit. They are both great for investors looking for a turn key cash flowing asset. 

Contact me if you are interested 

Louis

Louis, I'd like to hear some more about your properties. Shoot me a message. Thanks

Originally posted by @Nichole Wall :

Hey Nick- just saw your post. Hit me us sometime, I can help you if you're serious. 

Hi Nichole,

I just saw this post and requested to join the FB group as well.  I noticed it says you're a wholesaler, may I ask if you're still wholesaling?

Hey Greg,

Yesterday I just closed on my first RE investment out in Syracuse. Being out of town, its been important for me to find a realtor whose knowledgeable and i can trust. As an investor himself, he was able to help me find what i was looking for and avoid any 'gotchas'.. Shoot me a message and ill give you his contact info.

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here