First Buy and Hold

10 Replies

hey to all. We just purchased our first buy and hold that is probably rent ready but want to do a little clean up on exterior and replace bathroom fixtures. The process was really good as we got this home from a wonderful person by way of a contact I made at housing department. this is a 2 bed / 2 bath with I carport and wash room and storage building for tenants. Purchase $60,000. Closing cost 15% down and finance $51,000. 20 year at 5% ARV. My favorite part is the front porch. I will send photos when I get the yard mowed. Almost forgot renting for $800.

@Tom Keith  Congratulations! 

Excellent!  You never forget your first one.

Sam

Good job, Tom.  Where is it?

Numbers seem good...congrats!

thanks so much!  @Jon Klaus  it is in Gladewater where our flip is located. Yes I put numbers to it before offering.  

update to purchase.  We have our first tenant contract this week.  We replaced bathroom appliances including a cabinet with built in sink under counter. Had to replace the hot water heater this week and all new locks and finally a good deep clean so they can move in next week.  We decided to offer same rent package as previous owner which is rent is $800 with $50 discount if paid no later than 1st day of month.  Late fee starts at 6th day and notice of eviction on 15th day.  I used the standard Do's and Dont's with a couple of my own.  No pets, no parking on yard.   All utilities responsible by tenants.  Here are a couple of photos 

Here are the photos I promised.  Roni, my wife and Pres. did a good job.  

Here are more photos of this home.

Congratulations on your first purchase.  I hope that you are feeling a sense of pride that you are taking control of your future.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here