• Leawood, KS
Votes |
Goal Achieved: Duplex House Hack

Edward Stephens
  • Realtor and Investor
  • Leawood, KS
Posted Dec 14 2015, 19:42

Hey BP Family,

I want to thank you all for the great advice I've received over the last few months; it's all starting to pay off. A week ago today I closed on a duplex in Olathe, KS using an FHA loan. Two days later, I moved into one of the units. This was one of the goals I set for myself more than 6 months ago and it is on my profile as a goal (I'll be checking it off the list as soon as I post this). One goal down, many more to go.

For the record, the unit I don't live in was and currently is leased to a pre-existing tenant.  There have already been many stressful nights with moving and with maintenance calls, and I'm sure I'll have many more because I am determined to build a profitable business not only as a real estate investor but also as a property manager.

If it was not for Bigger Pockets and the teachings of Robert Kiyosaki, I may still be renting and wondering why I am not anywhere close to financial freedom.  I've been a renter my entire life, but now I can finally say I'm a home owner and it feels great!  I can share a ton more information about the duplex, the deal, and the drama if anyone is interested.  For now, let's just stay things have been interesting and I'm really looking forward to receiving that first rent check.

Loading replies...