Brand New Member trying to settle a discussion

6 Replies

Depends, depends, depends, depends, depends.....

Where are you investing?  What works best in the market?  What can you find deals on more easily?  What kind of experience do you have?  What financing strategies are you using?  How active do you want to be with your properties (maintenance, property management, etc)?  Etc, etc.

Absorbing information, making short and long term plans/goals, self-evaluating, and studying your market will all help in determining your unique answer to this question.

But, in many areas, multifamily provides the best cash-flow.  Though there are NUMEROUS situations in which this is not true.

Hope this helps!

If you have the capital AND TIME, then I would say multi-family. If you are referring to multi-family as a duplex or triplex or even a quad then I would say FOR SURE multi-family over SFH. :)

One caveat, if you know very little about real estate investing, then you should probably start with a SFH.

Best of luck on your first investment @Howard Drake !

Of the options in front of you choose the best one. Which is the better deal? Which one has the best ROI? Which one has the best longer term prospects?

Hahaha you newbies crack me up :)

That's like saying:

Getting hungry soon,

An apple, or

Pizza?

Well, a question like yours is indicative of a highly refined pallet, inviting an answer that goes something like this:

I say you go for dried cherries (which in REI terms might means something like REIT or S&P).

Now, to get a more specific answer, care to ask a more narrowly defined question?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you