• Real Estate Broker
  • Bozeman, MT
Votes |
Success! Deal didn't fly!

Page Huyette
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Bozeman, MT
Posted Apr 27 2013, 17:35

This isn't a post about a deal that closed, but one that didn't.

My success was in taking the leap and making the offer with the numbers to back it up--I did it and stand behind my numbers. Unfortunately the seller didn't even counter, so I can't restructure the offer without knowing what they want need, so I'll have to put it in the inactive file and move on. Our market is hot and rising, so that's the disappointing part.

Another success to this story is that my spouse really got involved in this deal, so now fully understands what I am trying to do. He's a builder/contractor so looking at real estate from a straight investor perspective is tough, but this deal got us onto the same page. That alone is priceless.

Another bonus: I also got a private investor on board to pony up the funds for the rehab, so we can move forward knowing we have that in place, whether its this deal or another one.

I don't like disappointment, and would still like this deal to fly, but after learning so much on BP I know there will always be other deals, and I feel very confident that I can pull together numbers very quickly with confidence. That will get me where I need to go for the long haul.

Loading replies...