Please... Can You Help Out BiggerPockets? (It will take just 2 minutes!)

Please... Can You Help Out BiggerPockets? (It will take just 2 minutes!)

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

***UPDATE 11/19/13: Forbes heard us loud and clear - and they said they were getting overwhelmed with messages from us and we didn't need to vote anymore! So .. mission accomplished! You can ignore the rest of this! *******

Original:

Hey everyone-

So Forbes magazine (yes, THE Forbes magazine) is running a contest for "The Best Websites For Your Money" ... and BiggerPockets wants to be on that list!

So we are looking for as many people as possible to nominate us!If BiggerPockets has helped you out at all in the past with your bottom line... please consider taking two minutes to write a quick email or send a tweet.

This is what the original article stated:




So - will you help out BiggerPockets... pretty please? @Joshua D. and I would appreciate it!

2Reply
91 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y

Hey Folks -

It looks like the folks at Forbes have heard you all loud and clear. I received the following message this morning . . . It is one of the greatest emails I've gotten -- shows that there is definitely power in the BP community!

I hope we can respect their request to hold back on the emails to them.

Thanks SO much for the overwhelming support!

Hi there, My name is [Removed], and I'm one of the Forbes reporters in charge of the "Best Money Websites" search (http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2013/11/01/seeking-your-nominations-for-the-best-websites-for-your-money-2013/). I'm not sure if one of your fans is particularly zealous or if you asked your readers to email us, but we've gotten dozens and dozens of BiggerPockets nominations. While it's great your readers are so passionate, inclusion on the list is not based on number of votes; we're evaluating websites on quality and content instead. Do you mind gently asking your readers (or Twitter followers, or however the news got out) to halt the barrage? You can tell them that we're definitely considering BiggerPockets as a "Best Money Website" and they'll be able to see who made the cut later in December. If you have any questions, I'm reachable at [Removed]. We so appreciate your readers' enthusiasm, and hope this means they're excited to see the full list -- it's just that BiggerPockets nominations are filling our inbox and we want to make sure we don't miss nominations for other sites. Thanks

See this reply in the discussion

60 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Southeast, MI · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Done. I hope you win.

  • Rockford, IL · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    I just sent mine.

  • Investor · Hampton Roads Va · Member since 2013 · 123 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    DONE!!!!!!!!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 566 posts · 274 votes
    12y

    Email sent!

  • Rental Property Investor · Hartselle, AL · Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Done.

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    12y

    done

  • Wholesaler · Lenoir, NC · Member since 2013 · 297 posts · 127 votes
    12y

    Done.

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Done!

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    Done and glad to do it. You guys are amazing.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    done

  • Investor · Deerfield Beach Florida and Tupper Lake, N.Y. · Member since 2013 · 307 posts · 118 votes
    12y

    Yep! Thanks BP. Hope it works.

  • Investor · Sacramento County, CA · Member since 2013 · 104 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    Tweet'd in!

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 19 votes
    12y
  • Northern, VA · Member since 2013 · 141 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    Done! Least we can do.

    And then least you can do is have another summit! :P

  • Montgomery, TX · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    I would have written in regardless, but that adorable Kitty made me write in immediately. 2:00 in the morning. DONE!!! :):)

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Done, left a comment on the post. I'd be surprised if BP didn't make that list.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    12y

    Who on GOD's earth could resist the pouting cat face...lol. Absolute, BP is a sure win.

    Kudos,
    Mary

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I nominate Biggerpockets.com as the most helpful site available. They are a tremendous resource of both live and stored information for real estate investors on a national level. They are also free unless you want to conduct business networking, where a paying platform exist too.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brookline, MA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 777 votes
    12y

    kitty!

    email sent

  • Derreck WellsPro Member
    Specialist · Pelham, NH · Member since 2013 · 547 posts · 269 votes
    12y

    I'll send one from each different email address I have.

    If it's a computer tally system, I can use all the email aliases I have set up on my yahoo account too! It'll get you about 25 different votes. If a person actually looks at them though, they'll catch it. The base is the same on all of them, "amazingaquascape-" then I can add different endings like "nospam" or "junk". Then filter them to the trash folder and use them on sites that will generate spam.

    Hell, if Detroit can... er... if Florida can stuff the ballot, why can't we!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    12y

    Done. Hope to see you guys on the list!

  • Real Estate Investor · Racine, WI · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Done!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Hey Folks -

    It looks like the folks at Forbes have heard you all loud and clear. I received the following message this morning . . . It is one of the greatest emails I've gotten -- shows that there is definitely power in the BP community!

    I hope we can respect their request to hold back on the emails to them.

    Thanks SO much for the overwhelming support!

    Hi there, My name is [Removed], and I'm one of the Forbes reporters in charge of the "Best Money Websites" search (http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2013/11/01/seeking-your-nominations-for-the-best-websites-for-your-money-2013/). I'm not sure if one of your fans is particularly zealous or if you asked your readers to email us, but we've gotten dozens and dozens of BiggerPockets nominations. While it's great your readers are so passionate, inclusion on the list is not based on number of votes; we're evaluating websites on quality and content instead. Do you mind gently asking your readers (or Twitter followers, or however the news got out) to halt the barrage? You can tell them that we're definitely considering BiggerPockets as a "Best Money Website" and they'll be able to see who made the cut later in December. If you have any questions, I'm reachable at [Removed]. We so appreciate your readers' enthusiasm, and hope this means they're excited to see the full list -- it's just that BiggerPockets nominations are filling our inbox and we want to make sure we don't miss nominations for other sites. Thanks

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    12y

    SUCCESS!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Hackettstown, NJ · Member since 2011 · 206 posts · 62 votes
    12y

    Done, hope it helps!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.