The New BiggerPockets is Here!

The New BiggerPockets is Here!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All --

After many months of work, the New BiggerPockets is now here!

If you're on the old site, click the link at the top orange bar and you can start using it today or go to http://beta.biggerpockets.com

We've got a bunch of tutorials coming our shortly.

If you guys have questions, please feel free to ask, otherwise we encourage you to play around.  Enjoy!

5Reply
324 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

@Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

See this reply in the discussion

216 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Raquel L. - Just go to www.biggerpockets.com and you should be good. That said, you should be able to do everything on the new site that you can do on the other one.  If you're having problems, we'd like your help to rectify it, as we will completely transition all our users to the new site in the coming weeks.

  • Building Performance Consultant · Stockton, CA · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    Just made the switch to the new site & excited

     to continue learning/enjoying/sharing with BP

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2013 · 253 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    Is there a first new post function?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Therese V.:

    Is there a first new post function?

     I'm not sure I understand the question.  Can you clarify?

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2013 · 253 posts · 34 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:
    Originally posted by @Therese V.:

    Is there a first new post function?

     I'm not sure I understand the question.  Can you clarify?

     Sure. Basically, right now we can only go to last post in a thread. But if it's a long thread we need to scroll until we remember where we left off. Many sites now have where it says new post or something so we know there is a new post from the last time we read it.

    I hope that clarified.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Therese V. - We don't have that option.  If you follow the thread, you'll get email alerts when new posts are added?

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2013 · 253 posts · 34 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Therese V. - We don't have that option.  If you follow the thread, you'll get email alerts when new posts are added?

     OK, just a suggestion for the future then ;)

  • Investor · Madison, WI · Member since 2013 · 97 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    Nice job Josh on the site! it is more user-friendly and easier to see. I can't stress enough what a gold mine this site is with the forums, and podcasts! Keep up the great job!!

  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D.

    I never made it in time to see the old site, but this one is very good - easy to navigate, great features, and allows further connectivity.

    I enjoy the BP app for iPhone while on the go, but do you guys have any plans on releasing an iPad app?

    Thanks,

    Bryant

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Bryant Cheely - There are no plans for an iPad specific app for the moment. If  there are challenges using the site with an iPad, we're happy to make any fixes.

  • Rental Property Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2014 · 117 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    when I try to "connect" to other members on their profile page, the "connect" button would be jumping around the screen

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    Great job guys!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Great Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Gorgeous layout. Seriously, give a round of applause to the BiggerPockets web devs and design team! 

    And, of course, give a round of applause to @Brandon Turner and @Joshua D. for being such awesome guys.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Mike H. - Would you be willing to demonstrate that for us by recording a screen capture video of it using Screencastomatic?  Just PM me or Brandon a link with the video.  That would help us sort the problem out.  Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 486 posts · 170 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. @Brandon Turner 

     The new forums are awesome, now like every other free loading-high-maintenance unappreciative-internet-troll, I have a first world country problem. 

    Would it be possible to send a colleague request without having to leave the forum page you're currently viewing?

    Love always,

    Jordan

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Jordan Thibodeau - Send me a few of those Google engineers you work with and we'll have that taken care of for you first thing in the morning.

    Seriously though, not a bad idea.  We'll discuss.

    Since we're trading suggestions, I've got a few for you guys . . .

  • Rental Property Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2014 · 117 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. I tried again at home with chrome and it seems fine.  It might be just my computer at work for some reason, I will check again and if the problem occurs, I will save the screen shot and forward to you and Brandon.

    so far so good and the new layout looks AWESOME! great work!

  • Hales Corners, WI · Member since 2013 · 229 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    It looks GREAT!  And forums aren't easy, either.  Well done, guys!  

  • Real Estate Investor · Troy, MI · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    It looks great in my opinion. Only issue I have is when scrolling through the topics on the forums, its hard to read the topics unless you stop scrolling.

  • Investor · North Idaho · Member since 2011 · 332 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. 

    Do post scores have any real impact as a user on BP?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Loren Whitney - Not at all.  They are just a way to see how you're faring.  If you're adding value, people will vote for your posts and will visit your profile.  It is just a reflection of how you're doing in the scheme of things, nothing more.

  • Investor · North Idaho · Member since 2011 · 332 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    Good stuff, thanks Josh!

  • Real Estate Agent · Victorville, CA · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Really love the new layout and look! Great job!

    Bryan Collins

  • Real Estate Investor · Haymarket, VA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    12y

    I like the site . . . . but why is there not a place that very specifically states what the difference is between "Plus" and "Pro". Maybe it is there but I hunted.  I even got to the signup page where it gave me the option but never really said what I would be getting in the "Plus" program and was not very specific about the "Pro" program. Sorry if I missed it!

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 347 posts · 191 votes
    12y

    I had hoped there might be a way to set up the alerts with an "except" feature. I live in Richmond Virginia and as much as I love J Martin .. his "Richmond" is in California and he's a very active poster. Would be nice to be able to say "Richmond" except posts by J Martin (nothing personal J!!).

    Shera

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.