The New BiggerPockets is Here!

The New BiggerPockets is Here!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All --

After many months of work, the New BiggerPockets is now here!

If you're on the old site, click the link at the top orange bar and you can start using it today or go to http://beta.biggerpockets.com

We've got a bunch of tutorials coming our shortly.

If you guys have questions, please feel free to ask, otherwise we encourage you to play around.  Enjoy!

5Reply
326 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

@Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

See this reply in the discussion

216 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Roy N. - This should help:

     Josh,

    I found that ... only it appears over on the RHS of the screen above the advertisements.  When I select it, I am taken to a different screen ... as opposed to just switching from the Recent Activity tab (or Monitored Discussions, or Unanswered Discussions) to the My Discussions Tab without the need for a complete screen load.   It appears that My Discussions was the only tab to have been pulled.

    I'll get use to it, but the old tab was more convenient.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Chris T.,

    You should use Firefox.

    Joe Gore

     Joe:

    You should be able to use any W3C compliant browser ... even M$ Horror, if you like.

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    12y

    I miss the my discussion tab too - can we get it back?

    Edit: never mind - found it....

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    I like it.  It says that I'm pretty popular :)

    Clean and functional.  Good job guys!

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Josh:

    On another note ... where are the "eyecons" on this new interface to alert me to new messages, colleague requests, etc?   I had some on the old interface, but when I hit that big red banner to drive the new car, they went away :( 

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Roy N. - See the image below . . . we still have alerts appearing.

    @Ben Leybovich - Thanks!

    @Andrew S. - We don't have plans to place that back where it was;  we'll be adding a new Subscription tab in its place shortly.

  • Investor · Arlington Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 135 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    Love the new look and feel.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Roy N. - See the image below . . . we still have alerts appearing.

    Hmm ... I do not have one (OSX 10.6.8 w/ either Chrome v35.0.1916.114 or Safari 5.1.10) and there were new alerts when I switched over. 

    I'll wait for new notices/messages/etc to arrive ... it may have just been an artefact of changing interfaces.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks @Roman Pak !  I'm glad to hear it.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    @Joshua Dorkin,

    Keep up the good work everything looks great.

    Joe Gore

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    And @Roy N. - Keep us posted . . . shoot me or Brandon a PM.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Josh:

    I found the "eyecons" ... the top menu bar is fixed length and does not scale with the browser window (at least on Chrome & Safari).  Even if one uses the horizontal scroll bar on the browser, the menu bar does not scroll.   

    This forces me to override the text/font sizes of the site to shrink things or to run the browser either full screen or obnoxiously large.

    On another note, I'm posting this as a new message as I have yet to find the "edit" function to allow me to edit/update an existing post.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Good stuff Guys - and interesting point @Roy N. about the nav bar not scrolling with the page - i'll let the Developer know! 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    I am using Firefox, and I see everything with no problem and some browsers might not work with BP website.


    Joe Gore

  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 200 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner  Love the new site guys!  Thanks for you all you do for the community!

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I am using Firefox, and I see everything with no problem and some browsers might not work with BP website.


    Joe Gore

    Well Joe, it's not quite that blanket or simple ... 

    I also have firefox - on four different platforms - amongst my selection of browsers and am seeing similar behaviours with it as I am experiencing with Safari and Chrome.

    In general things are usable - with a small amount of retraining - but I'm sure there will be some tweaking in the coming weeks.

    If both the website and the browsers used conform to the W3C specifications and pass the test suites, then there should be little to no issue with a browser "working" with BP.

    [Note to Josh:  Found the edit feature this time :-)]

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, MI · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Joshua,

    I like the new look.  Very clean and contemporary.  Nice work.

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    With the stats on the dashboard, you sure are going to motivate those among us who are competitive, to post even more to get the numbers up.  :-)  No resting on your laurels when it changes every day.  

  • Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

    Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    It's looking mighty good so far! Nice to have a change and I hope the roll out is smooth.

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Having some challenges with the new site.  Perhaps you can help:

    Where can I find the equivalent of what used to be called "my discussions", where I can see what discussions I've recently been participating in and the activity in them?

    I'm having trouble reading the blue and gray text on my screen.  I've tried dimming the brightness to get more contrast but no luck.  

    Thanks! 

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Having some challenges with the new site.  Perhaps you can help:

    Where can I find the equivalent of what used to be called "my discussions", where I can see what discussions I've recently been participating in and the activity in them?

    I'm having trouble reading the blue and gray text on my screen.  I've tried dimming the brightness to get more contrast but no luck.  

    Thanks! 

     OK.  Found "My Discussions"  It's just gray text and no shadow box, above the ad column.  Is it supposed to be that way?

  • Investor · Easley, SC · Member since 2013 · 248 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    I love the new site. It's very user friendly. Just when I think BP can't get any better, BOOM!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks guys -- we appreciate the feedback.  

    @Account Closed - We wanted to encourage activity that was of the highest quality, and we believe the post score does that.  It also lets users see how their activity is connected to how busy their profile is, and since this is a site designed to facilitate networking, we wanted to make that connection more obvious.

  • Investor · Winnipeg, Manitoba · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 321 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D.

    Everything looks rehabbed .

    I can see you have put endless energy & thoughts to give birth to this baby.

    thank

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.