The New BiggerPockets is Here!

The New BiggerPockets is Here!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All --

After many months of work, the New BiggerPockets is now here!

If you're on the old site, click the link at the top orange bar and you can start using it today or go to http://beta.biggerpockets.com

We've got a bunch of tutorials coming our shortly.

If you guys have questions, please feel free to ask, otherwise we encourage you to play around.  Enjoy!

5Reply
404 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

@Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

See this reply in the discussion

216 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 308 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. Already here and exploring, so far so good.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    Getting error code 500 when trying to post.

    Joe Gore

  • Dion DePaoliPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Northwest Indiana, IN · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y
    Error code 500. Can not navigate to any other page. Had to actually post this from my phone on the mobile application. I feel like a junkie who can't get his fix!
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Hey Guys - We're getting a FLOOD of people over to the new site.  If you're having a posting problem OR are getting a 500 error on a page, reload and it should work.  

    No matter how well you prepare, chaos is bound to happen on a MAJOR launch.  Bear with us . . . we're on it!

  • Investor · Stockton, CA · Member since 2014 · 167 posts · 49 votes
    12y

    Feature change - with the old website, i could go to my inbox and see list of messages and each message showed name of person who the conversation was with. With the new site, it only shows their icon. I guess, the feature is removed to motivate more people to go pro? If so, i can totally understand if not, i think we are going backwards with the new site then.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    How long will this old view be available until all members switch over to the new one OR will there always be a classic mode??

    Anything new always has unforeseen bugs. That's typically why I hold back onto the new stuff until most of the bugs are worked out. I do this with hardware for computers and new software also.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    I mean I don't use it full bore myself personally until the kinks are mainly worked out.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I am liking the new look and feel so far.  Like anything, it will take some getting used to, but I know this will be another net gain for the BP community.  Nice job!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    It looks like some people are going to need to adjust their profile pictures...I have seen some pictures focused on the wrong areas!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Mohit Madaan - That's something that is pending in the next hours . . . an oversight, unfortunately.

    @Joel Owens - If you switch, you're on the new site.  Everyone will eventually be pushed over

    @James Vermillion - Thanks.  Give it a little bit . . . after using this thing for weeks, I'm VERY pleased.  I think you will be too.  Not everyone is going to love everything and that is certainly to be expected. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. is there a certain method / location you want us to send issues?  I have come across a few minor issues, but I don't want you to get swamped if you are already working on them.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 350 posts · 175 votes
    12y

    It looks sharp guys!  Great work.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @James Vermillion - For the moment, you can send @Brandon Turner or I a PM. 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    I like it @Joshua D. , feel like on 21st century's website now.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. Love it!!! I know it will take a little getting used to, but overall I love the modern and simplistic feel. Great job!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed - Thanks guys.  We agree!

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. This is terrific. Bright and clean and I can "mention" with @ on my ipad.  Thank you.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Deborah Burian - I'm glad you're enjoying it!

  • Real Estate Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 21 votes
    12y
    Awesome, can't wait to her off wk!!!
  • Chris T.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 491 posts · 253 votes
    12y

    The new site looks great.  I am not sure if it is just me, but using the site in Chrome, some of the "navigation links" don't display properly.  Example:  when I click on my "Keyword Alerts" the "Clear All" link is hiding behind the "Page 1 2 3 etc." links.  This makes it where I can not clear my alerts.  

    Edit:  the the "Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next" are also split into to lines and blend into the "Manage Keyword Alerts" button as well

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Chris T. - Can you send us an email to [email protected] with a screenshot of what you're talking about?  I'm having a hard time picturing it.  Thanks.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Where did the "My discussions" tab go and how to I get back to the prior interface?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Roy N. - This should help:

  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    12y

    I have been using BP since 2008 and have never complained about the appearance, but boy this was a wonderful upgrade. Job we'll done Josh and team!

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    @Chris T.,

    You should use Firefox.

    Joe Gore

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.