The New BiggerPockets is Here!

The New BiggerPockets is Here!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All --

After many months of work, the New BiggerPockets is now here!

If you're on the old site, click the link at the top orange bar and you can start using it today or go to http://beta.biggerpockets.com

We've got a bunch of tutorials coming our shortly.

If you guys have questions, please feel free to ask, otherwise we encourage you to play around.  Enjoy!

5Reply
412 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

@Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

See this reply in the discussion

216 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Nagano, Nagano · Member since 2014 · 66 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Wow wow wow!! 

    This is fantastic looking... hurry up and get those tutorials for me 'cause I don't wanna miss a thing!!

    Well done and thanks!

    Walter

  • Homeowner · Zagreb, Croatia · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    I like look of new site. It is not only nicer, more important is that is more user friendly!

    I am using firefox and for now all goes smoothly :)

    One question, where I can change my name? I cant find that option anywhere.

    Accidentally when I was creating account i mistype letter C at the end of my name, now it is Ronald Cvetkovi and it should be Ronald Cvetkovic.

  • Investor · East Bay, CA · Member since 2014 · 156 posts · 48 votes
    12y

    Fancy! I'm a fan.

  • Chris T.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 491 posts · 253 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed  I just logged into my account using Firefox and the issue is slightly different but did not disappear.  It appears the issue I am seeing is not browser dependent.  Is anyone else using a dual monitor setup?  I emailed the support team some of my other info to see if they can figure it out.

    FireFox:

    Chrome:

  • Professional · Billings, MT · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Where do I find my private inbox messages?

    Charlene

  • Property Manager · Louisville, KY · Member since 2013 · 309 posts · 115 votes
    12y

    I haven't spent much time with it but my initial impression is positive; it looks great.  

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 481 posts · 189 votes
    12y

    This is great! Modern look and feel they said..

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    I generally like the new site, but I have a minor complaint. In "My Discussions" the old site had a small link to the last post in the thread, but that is gone now. It was extremely useful for threads with hundreds of posts. Can we have it back please?

    ETA: I'm having LOTS of trouble with the format buttons! The text shows up as normal, but it's really italic or bold, and some shows bold when it's normal.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Tom Yung - Thank you.  We did put endless energy into this and 3/4 of a year.

    @Walter Ichikawa-Doyle - We're working on them!

    @Ronald Cvetkovic - We fixed your name.  

    @Michael L. - I think it is pretty fancy too!

    @Chris T. - Looks like you sent us 2 emails about your issues and we forwarded them to our tech guys.  Hopefully they get that rectified ASAP.  Let me know if it persists in a day or so.

    @Charlene Ball - To the right of our search box in the blue nav, you'll see your profile pic with a number above it (the number rotates with an envelope if you have any mail) to indicate new alerts or messages.  Click there to reveal a link to your inbox and account settings menu.

    @Brett K. - Thanks.  Jump in and play around . . . you'll enjoy it!

    @Huy N. - That was an oversight.  I put a ticket in our system and we'll have that up and running shortly.  Thanks for catching it!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Can you send us an email to [email protected] with some screenshots of what you're talking about so we can better diagnose any issues?  Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    Can you send us an email to [email protected] with some screenshots of what you're talking about so we can better diagnose any issues?  Thanks!

    Not sure if screenshots would help. The problem is that the text on the post screen is not showing the formatting.

    Here is an example: BOLD  ITALICS

    All the text looks normal instead of showing the formatting that I chose for the word.

    Here's a closer look:

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Sylvia B. - The text looks fine to me.  Renders as it should. Are you saying that you're not seeing it get bold on the visual editor?

    As for your request for a link to jump to the last post in MY DISCUSSIONS, that's now up and running.

  • Wholesaler · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I like the layout. I'm a Pro member but am unable to add my company logo to the house flipping report. I click but nothing happens.

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Sylvia B. - The text looks fine to me.  Renders as it should. Are you saying that you're not seeing it get bold on the visual editor?

    As for your request for a link to jump to the last post in MY DISCUSSIONS, that's now up and running.

    Yes. If I can't see the formatting as I'm typing, I can't tell what will end up bold and what won't until it's posted. Shouldn't a WYSIWYG editor actually be WYSIWYG?

    And thank you for the link!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Sylvia B. - Yes.  That is how it should function.  We're working to correct the problem. 

    @Barry Hudson - We're looking into this for you. Thanks for reporting.

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    I love the sophisticated feel of it but hard on my iphone.

    But it feels nice!

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thank you @Joshua D. !

  • Redwood City, CA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    The new design is very sexy, and functionality wise I don't have any critics so far. I love the idea of making it more like a social network than a forum (with full page profiles, emphasis on connections, etc).

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Question: How do you have a negative number of replies? :-D

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Sylvia B. - That shouldn't be happening, but I can't find the post.  We'll keep a look out.

    @Bruno Tavares - I'm glad you're liking everything.

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    12y

    i really do not like that all the font in the forums are in light blue they should be changed to black to make it easier on the eyes. but the rest looks and feels modern similar to the new Windows OS

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 144 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    Very clean look! Thanks Josh!

  • Investor · Hamilton, GA · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hey Joshua,

    I think I like it :)

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Hey Josh,

    My "Followed Discussions" tab only seems to contain the discussions threads I have started and not the ones I had tagged to monitor / follow....

  • Real Estate Agent · Temple Hills, MD · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    How Cool! Looks great you guys!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.