The New BiggerPockets is Here!

The New BiggerPockets is Here!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All --

After many months of work, the New BiggerPockets is now here!

If you're on the old site, click the link at the top orange bar and you can start using it today or go to http://beta.biggerpockets.com

We've got a bunch of tutorials coming our shortly.

If you guys have questions, please feel free to ask, otherwise we encourage you to play around.  Enjoy!

5Reply
418 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

@Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

See this reply in the discussion

216 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Couple more questions.  

    Are we going back to having to click on additional pages to "see more posts" for the forum pages.  No more continuous loading?

    I cannot sign in or get any response in Safari, my main browser.  I enter the info to log-in and the screen refreshes to the log-in page with no error message.  So I switched over to Chrome.  Will Safari eventually work with the new site?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed - I'm not sure why that's happening, but we'll get it corrected.  Thanks for the head's up.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Trying to set my cell number for SMS messages, but there is no "consent box" to check to proceed.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Jerry Birdsong - We're going to look into this ASAP.  Thanks for reporting the issue.  I hope to have it rectified shortly.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 146 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    absolutely loving the new design!  Keep up the amazing work @Joshua D. !!!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Jerry Birdsong - Try again. You should be good.

  • Fontana, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Looks good. Will there an update to the mobile app too?
  • Wholesaler/rehabber · Arcadia, FL · Member since 2013 · 341 posts · 22 votes
    12y

    Im having issues checking my messages on mobile.  A android app would be lovely.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    We'll be working on the mobile app again shortly.

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    I do appreciate the tremendous effort on new site however I personally liked the old one better. Keep in mind I thought myspace was just fine. 

    Thanks,

    Matt

  • Real Estate Investor · Sandy, UT · Member since 2014 · 85 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Looks awesome guys!!! But one piece of feedback from me. Can we get a slight or shadow like border around the new on landscape photo on the profile page?

  • Homeowner · Zagreb, Croatia · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    @Joshua Dorkin

    The @ issue seems like not working for me any more. I dont get list at the bottom of this window any more. I have Mozilla, dont know if that is issue?

    P.S. Thanks for changing my name

  • Investor · Deerfield Beach Florida and Tupper Lake, N.Y. · Member since 2013 · 307 posts · 118 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. , so far so good. It will take a little getting used to. 

    When I pull up my colleague's profile, the contact info doesn't seem to pull up. Am I missing something?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Ronald Cvetkovic - I've found that the @Mentions have been working FAR better on beta.  Can you email [email protected] with your browser version and operating system (plus version)? 

    @Michael Lemieux - I'm seeing the same issue.  We'll get it rectified ASAP.

  • Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
    12y

    Overall I like the new look and how things are more consistent with the main blog pages.

    Still getting used to some things but looks like once we all do it will be a pretty nice improvement overall.

    To add to some of the little things people have seen I noticed when I had to login that it asked for my email and not username.  Thought maybe you did away with them and just put the email address we signed up with as the username.

    That didn't work but then putting in my user name did.  Not a big deal but mildly confusing I suppose for people that didn't use their email handle as their username.  I so assume that 99% of people will figure it out after one failed login like I did.  :)

  • Investor · Chelsea, MI · Member since 2013 · 350 posts · 138 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. , minor issue but the login screen now asks for "email address" rather than "username" so I thought maybe you had changed your processes, but it will NOT let me login with my email address, I still must use my username.  So, just a change to the verbage on that login screen would help minimize confusion

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Shaun Reilly - If your email address didn't work, then you must have mis-entered it or made a typo in the password (or perhaps you used the wrong email?).

    Logins have for the past several years allowed either the "username (profile link name)" or email address as the login. We just changed the text because people tend to forget their username but not their email. It just helps us cut down on user support issues DRASTICALLY. I'm glad you got in.

  • Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Brett Russell:

    @Joshua D. , minor issue but the login screen now asks for "email address" rather than "username" so I thought maybe you had changed your processes, but it will NOT let me login with my email address, I still must use my username.  So, just a change to the verbage on that login screen would help minimize confusion

    HAHAHA...

    About 2 minutes late being the White Knight on this one.  :)

  • Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Shaun Reilly - If your email address didn't work, then you must have mis-entered it or made a typo in the password (or perhaps you used the wrong email?).

    Logins have for the past several years allowed either the "username (profile link name)" or email address as the login. We just changed the text because people tend to forget their username but not their email. It just helps us cut down on user support issues DRASTICALLY. I'm glad you got in.

    Hmmm........

    Given that @Brett Russell had the same issue might not be working as intended.

    BTW since I am just seeing it the @Mention didn't pull him up as a choice and the "@?" feature doesn't seem to be working either.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Nothing about the functionality has changed in years.  All that has changed is the text above the login field.

  • Real Estate Broker · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 141 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. 

    the new site looks INCREDIBLE! Great job! :)

  • Investor · Chelsea, MI · Member since 2013 · 350 posts · 138 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Shaun Reilly:
    Originally posted by @Brett Russell:

    @Joshua D. , minor issue but the login screen now asks for "email address" rather than "username" so I thought maybe you had changed your processes, but it will NOT let me login with my email address, I still must use my username.  So, just a change to the verbage on that login screen would help minimize confusion

    HAHAHA...

    About 2 minutes late being the White Knight on this one.  :)

     Alright, you type faster than me!

    But, @Joshua Dorkin, I am actually still seeing a bug.  I can login fine whether I'm using email or username if I click the login selection from the dropdown icon in the upper right of the screen.  However, for some reason, if I go to the login page (https://beta.biggerpockets.com/account/login) and login, the first time I try, whether I use email or password, it fails.  The second time works fine.  I tried this repeatedly on Chrome, and definitely checked spelling, and even had 1Password do the fills and I get the same issue repeatedly.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Brett Russell - Thank you.  That helps tremendously.  I'll alert the team immediately so we can correct this.

  • Investor · Chelsea, MI · Member since 2013 · 350 posts · 138 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    @Brett Russell - Thank you.  That helps tremendously.  I'll alert the team immediately so we can correct this.

     You are welcome... I just spent about 10 minutes confirming I'm seeing the same behavior with Firefox and Safari as well.  (That's why your servers just saw 3 dozen login attempts from me!)

  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 144 posts · 67 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. The old view shows that I have a new message in my inbox. The new view doesn't seem to show any alerts for new messages. New site looks great though!

    George

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.