The New BiggerPockets is Here!

The New BiggerPockets is Here!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey All --

After many months of work, the New BiggerPockets is now here!

If you're on the old site, click the link at the top orange bar and you can start using it today or go to http://beta.biggerpockets.com

We've got a bunch of tutorials coming our shortly.

If you guys have questions, please feel free to ask, otherwise we encourage you to play around.  Enjoy!

5Reply
407 views

Most Popular Reply

Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 63 votes
12y

@Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. ... This was my face when I saw the new site! LOL

Nice job guys! It's SOOOO visually appealing! 

See this reply in the discussion

216 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Merrillville, IN · Member since 2009 · 252 posts · 104 votes
    12y
  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    I love the new design of the site. Good job @Joshua D. Tagging people is much snappier as well. I do have an issue where I cannot update my profile, signature or company information. Any tricks on getting this to work again for me? Thanks!

  • Anchorage, AK · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    The new skin on the forum looks great! I'm on the list of people excited for an android app to be released.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Brett Russell - I think we've got that issue corrected now.  Thank you very much for your assistance!

    @Johnson H. - Thanks for the complements. Can you clarify the issue you're having on updating your profile? Is it just not saving when you make a change?  Are you clicking the submit button after you make any changes?

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D.  - Yeah, it is not saving after hit the update profile button. The page refreshes and at the top of the page there is a red bar and it says "Could not update profile". I logged in today as well.

  • Jeremy KleierPro Member
    Investor · Woodford, WI · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Well done @Joshua D. and the BP design team! Looks amazing!

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    12y

    WOW @ the New BP! I just clicked the red strip and its quite the adjusted look...

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Multi-family Investor · Southern, CA · Member since 2012 · 56 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    Great choices. Joshua is a wise man behind the scenes. 

    I didn't mind the old layout at all but my favorite new features are that it's clean and minimal. 

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D.  and @Jerrett Baugh for the quick customer service and fixing the issue I was having! Everyone should support Bigger Pockets by getting a Pro subscription!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Love the new look! So much cleaner and easier to navigate, Great job, guys!

  • Investor · Arlington Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 135 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    I also like the fact that you can listen to the podcasts from the site, without going to itunes.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks everyone . . .

    @Johnson H. - Looks like we took care of that for you.  I'm glad.

    @Roman Pak - That's one of my favorite features as well!

  • Real Estate Investor · Ft. Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2012 · 135 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Great job on the update and look. Some initial bug items and suggestions.

    Bugs:

    -In the profile "Latest Forum Posts" there is a non breaking space " " after the name.

    -My profile pic in the top right shows the red circle with an asterisk in it.  No mail exists.

    -When I click on Profile Views from Dashboard I get a 500 error.

    Cosmetic Suggestions:

    -When viewing a post and scrolling the page, the blue top navigation has a transparency percentage and you can see through it.

    -The vertical flow is nice except that top ad bar makes an ugly break in the flow.  I know it keeps the lights on but maybe for "Pro" members you could lose the top ad.  :-)

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Roy N.:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Chris T.,

    You should use Firefox.

    Joe Gore

    Joe:

    You should be able to use any W3C compliant browser ... even M$ Horror, if you like.

    Roy,

    I'm guessing you really meant to write "M$ Internet Explorer Exploder", the thing that always seems to blow up ... :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Where we are parked · Member since 2013 · 584 posts · 178 votes
    12y

    Been on it tonight and so far am enjoying it. The only thing I miss (or haven't found so far) is the My Discussions link. I like being able to check the posts I have contributed to without receiving an email every time someone posts to it. Am I missing it or has this feature gone away? I do see that I can see my posts under my profile but I can't see if someone has replied after my post. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    12y

    @Account Closed - I am not 100% certain this will solve your issue, but since BP makes use of cookies you can try to clear all of the BP cookies from your browser and see if that gives you the older site.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Keith A. - Thanks for noting the bugs.  We'll have a look on Monday to get these rectified.

    @Account Closed - It is an opt in process that isn't managed by cookies, but by a DB entry.  Clearing cookies won't work for those people who opt in.  Marvin hasn't done that.

  • Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2012 · 249 posts · 73 votes
    12y

    After using this for few days, I'm digging the new look, feel and organization.

    While I'm not a huge fan of the metric (posts/votes/profile view metric ), it's def. not a deal braker.

    Overall an amazing job guys

  • Property Manager · Greentown, IN · Member since 2013 · 111 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    So far it is great. I love the look and easier to navigate!!

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 605 posts · 103 votes
    12y

    I like the new format.  Seems more intuitive to the user.  It is a more enriched user experience and easier to follow a single person's post.  I did receive some 404 errors for pages not found.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Anil Samuel - You definitely shouldn't be getting any 404 errors.  Next time that happens, can you please let us know? An email to [email protected] or a PM to me or @Brandon Turner would suffice.  Thanks!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2012 · 233 posts · 45 votes
    12y

    Looks great!

    I did notice that I cannot edit my posts once I post it.. am I missing something? I'm not the best writer lol 

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Tony Cavalli - The edit/ammend link was moved to the top of the post next to the post date/time.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2012 · 233 posts · 45 votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. Thanks ! Ive been lurking on Bp all day and am liking the updates to site. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Monica, CA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Looks good. No issues so far!

    Thanks for your hard work on this.

    Tavi

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.