Announcing the BiggerPockets Wholesaling Calculator (with Cash Buyer Reporting)

24 Replies

Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Just watched the Youtube video and just used the calculator to run the numbers on my first house ever under contract and it seems like I got a good first house under contract.

Awesome sauce!

This post has been removed.

@Joshua Dorkin  looks like a great tool for wholesaling.  Hope it gets to all the right people.  I will surely use it for myself and we don't currently wholesale.  Thanks so much!  Tom & Roni. 

Tom Keith, TAK Enterprises | [email protected] | 903‑452‑8843

I like it!

I ran some of the potential deals I've missed recently and I'm glad I didn't get a few of them!

I will give it a try on my next lead!

This post has been removed???

LOL, I think BP has officially crossed over into guru land..... I've wondered about that for over 5 years, now I know...... oh well.....

I'll check it out sometime, it's probably correct in the number crunching, no doubt!

What I'm seeing is a swooping in on wholesalers, with more "it's easy, all you need, step by step" stuff.  

Not saying it's not a helpful tool, but there is no calculator, no software program, no method or system that turns wholesaling into a simple business operation where all information is subjective, in other words, just numbers or black and white and whala there it is. You still need knowledge to be able to put in the right data  and be able to look objectively at each deal.

However, if you supplement (add) knowledge along with that tool, it might be a powerful advantage. Just understand, nothing in real estate is simple or accomplished step by step. :) 

Medium logoscopiccroppedblue2Bill Gulley, General Real Estate Academy | https://generalrealestateacademy.com

@Joshua Dorkin  listened to most of the tutorial and it looks like a good tool to use on a sales presentation. It isn't something I'd use but want to mention that unless your wholesalers in Oregon have the ability to close and do, they are considered by the RE Agency as selling RE without a license. Just sayin...

@Joshua Dorkin.  Thanks for making BP better yet again. Just a quick note. A couple of the links to the calculator in the blog post might be broken.  I clicked on the last one and it took me right there. And so did the link under the "Analyze" tab.  Adios. 

Hey @Bill Gulley  - Before you go and critique the tool and say we crossed into guru land, perhaps you test it out? 

Here's the link again to the tutorial and announcement: 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/01/29...

I recommend reading it, watching the video, and trying it out.

If then, you still think we're crossing into guru-land, feel free to shout it from the rooftops.

No one said wholesaling was easy - in fact, we typically say the opposite.

Medium fbprofileJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets | http://www.biggerpockets.com | Podcast Guest on Show #100

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

Hey @Bill G. - Before you go and critique the tool and say we crossed into guru land, perhaps you test it out? 

Here's the link again to the tutorial and announcement: 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/01/29...

I recommend reading it, watching the video, and trying it out.

If then, you still think we're crossing into guru-land, feel free to shout it from the rooftops.

No one said wholesaling was easy - in fact, we typically say the opposite.

Wow, guess I got called out, LOL, hope everyone sees the LOL at the end of my guru land comment, it was the $29.xx whatever monthly that caused me to joke about it.  

I said I hadn't been through it and that I would. My other comments were to the "lead in" on the marketing aspect, "all you need" to point out that garbage in will get garbage out and they still need to know more than a step by step process.

I know we are on the same page, I have confidence that it is a good tool in the bag of tools.

Josh, if my opinion is counter to a BP product, which hasn't happened, generally only commenting to a few slivers of something, I comment but I'd never shout it from the roof tops, if there were something really questionable I'd PM you privately. I'd say I'm supportive and thought I was above too.

You know I appreciate your work of running BP and keeping the newbies safe. Now, that Brandon guy can get a little carried away at times.....LOL!

I'll run through it and get back later, I'm sure it's good, it's no hill for a stepper! :)       

Medium logoscopiccroppedblue2Bill Gulley, General Real Estate Academy | https://generalrealestateacademy.com

@JoshuaDorkin  The wholesale calculator is great! I just joined as a pro member just so that I can have unlimited access to it! Of course, I will enjoy all of the other benefits of being a pro member but the calculator sold me! Will you be adding a land option on it, as well? I have some land that I am looking at but the calculator does not work for that.

Thanks for a great meeting place, the podcast, books, resources, etc., etc., etc.

Maria

Awesome! Can't wait to check it out!

Maybe someone already mentioned this, but I haven't read all the comments yet. Do you think you might add an option to default some of the fields to a % of something else (ARV, resale price, etc)? I know it's asking a lot for a "free" tool, but for pros I guess it's something they'd be paying for in a way...although, how many pros will use this vs their own Excel spreadsheet that likely has a reporting sheet as well? I think it's a great tool so don't mistake this as criticism, just a question.

@Joshua Dorkin  , the calculator rocks so far, near as I can tell! One question, if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just my computer: I ran a rental wholesale analysis w/itemized repairs, generated the PDF, and came back to edit it. When I did and went back to the repairs section without hitting itemize, my repair total had doubled, but when I hit itemize my numbers were the same. It didn't affect my outcome when I regenerated the report, only displayed it during that edit step. If it's just me, please let me know, and thanks again!

@Joshua Dorkin  meh, probably just me, would be easier for everyone else that way; thanks for getting back to me.You guys released the calculator just in time for a couple of potential new deals, so I get to play with it and see how it pans out right off the bat. Great work fellas!

Reverse engineering to help investors from wholesalers' perspective sounds great. Thanks Josh and Brandon for keeping us wanting more!

Cheers!

This seems to be a pretty good tool.  Definitely something I'll look to add to my arsenal as I go shopping on behalf of my clients.  Thank BP. 

TX Agent # 650320, TN Agent # 340080

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you