Colleague Chat is now LIVE for BiggerPockets PRO Users (Coming soon for everyone else)

Colleague Chat is now LIVE for BiggerPockets PRO Users (Coming soon for everyone else)

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Hey Pro members, 

Just wanted to let you know what you might have already noticed... you now have the ability to CHAT with other BiggerPockets Members who are your colleagues! Yep, just take a look at the bottom right hand corner of your screen and you'll see the Chat box (If not, click the chat icon next to your photo on the top right.) 

Right now, we are making the chat feature available just to PRO members to help us test it out and find bugs. So take a test drive and let us know what you think! Feel free to leave feedback here in this thread.

To learn more, watch this quick video: 

4Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Roy N.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
11y
Originally posted by @Jerry Puckett:

I love it!! But wouldn't be me without a suggestion or two :-)

From my desk top, I had a difficult time seeing the little dots that are the online indicators.

I would like to see the "online" indicator  be more prominent, and a sorting feature to show you only colleagues who are online. I couldn't really tell what order my colleagues were sorted in? But I'd like to see all who are on line at the top so I don't have to scroll through them all. 

Just a thought.

 Extrapolating on Jerry's suggestion.  Many chat utilities will do one, or several of the following:

1) order your list of colleagues such that those who are online are at the top of the list; those who are idle are next, followed by "do not disturb" and "offline".

2) The background colour and/or text colour used to display a colleague changes depending on their status: e.g. grey - for offline; green - for active; red - for do not disturb; orange - for away, etc.  This is easier to see than the little gear icon next to a name.

3) The ability to set an alert to notify you when a particular colleague comes on-line (either from being off-line, invisible or in "do not disturb" mode.

4) Allow colleagues to be organized in groups.

5) Permit multi-way chat dialogues.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    We'll be rolling chat out to Plus users this week and then to all users thereafter.  Thanks for all the feedback from everyone so far...

  • Douglasville, GA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    I think the chat works quite nicely! I've used it in the most recent versions of Safari and Chrome with no issues. I think adding it to the BP app would be a nice update in the future though. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.