BiggerPockets Chat is Now Live for EVERYONE!

BiggerPockets Chat is Now Live for EVERYONE!

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes

Chat is finally live for ALL BiggerPockets members, Pro, Plus, and FREE!  

In the bottom right corner of your screen you'll see the blue "Colleague Chat" box. Go ahead and send one of your connections a message and try it out!

If you find any bugs or errors in the messaging system, either reply to this thread here or send them to me (perhaps via chat ;) ).

Also - Special Thanks to @Robert Perry and Edd Morgan for putting this together!  We hope it helps everyone network and do more business!

To learn more, watch this quick video:

12Reply
104 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
11y

Hey Everyone -- Chat is back up and running . . . the system forced us to make substantial infrastructure upgrades, as it was causing the site to crash quite a bit.  BiggerPockets should be FAR more stable now.  We hope you enjoy using the chat feature once again.

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald PerichPro Member
    Investor · Granite City, IL · Member since 2014 · 658 posts · 301 votes
    11y

    I love the new feature. But I have he feeling it 

  • Ronald PerichPro Member
    Investor · Granite City, IL · Member since 2014 · 658 posts · 301 votes
    11y

    Sorry. Android  just doesn't work well with BP. Tried to correct the previous post several

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    @Ronald Perich

    That's a rather effective way of making your point about poor site usability with Android devices..

    @Robert Perry

  • Long Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Is there a plan for an iPad app/revise it so it displays better on an iPad...?
  • Ronald PerichPro Member
    Investor · Granite City, IL · Member since 2014 · 658 posts · 301 votes
    11y

    @Scott TrenchHa! That was not my intention :) I was honestly just trying to let you know that I was having difficulty.

    I have a feeling it's my particular phone since nobody else is chiming in. I have an older Samsung Note running Gingerbread.UCLA1, version 2.3.6 Maybe that's why I am having trouble.

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    BP NATION!! This is a great, new feature. Love it.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ronald Perich:

    @Scott TrenchHa! That was not my intention :) I was honestly just trying to let you know that I was having difficulty.

    I have a feeling it's my particular phone since nobody else is chiming in. I have an older Samsung Note running Gingerbread.UCLA1, version 2.3.6 Maybe that's why I am having trouble.

     Ronald:

    I have devices running Jelly Bean (it's stuck there) and Lollipop (development).  There are still behavioural quirks using the site via mobile with either the stock browser or chrome.

    The most difficult with which to contend is the floating menu bar ... I have not tried using chat from the Android yet .... 

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    I'm using a notebook. Looks like the chat box goes above my screen, how do I close it?

    I sent one msg, left just fine, a red 1  popped up, I opened it, can't find what or who that was, won't scroll all the way up. I hit on another member and now can't get the box to close. :(

  • Ciro LoCascioPro Member
    Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2013 · 135 posts · 39 votes
    11y
    I love the new feature! BP Rocks :)
  • Investor/Realtor · Hoover, AL · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 459 votes
    11y

    BP taking it to another level!  AWESOME!!!

  • Halifax, NS · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    This is a great feature.  Thank you BP for making it available to everyone.  I've already used it to connect with other members.

  • Lender · Nat'l Commercial Mtg Lender - Round Rock, TX · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 235 votes
    11y

    Very Nice. BP just keeps getting better and better:)

  • Wholesaler · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 56 votes
    11y

    @Ronald Perich  I use the mobile site on a Galaxy Note 3 with Kit Kat Operating System but I Login with Firefox as my browser and it seems to work fine on my phone. I have yet to have any issues posting or replying to posts or anything else. 

    I'm also patiently waiting for the Android phone App!

  • Chicago , IL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Love it BP!!!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 97 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    what happen to the chat feture I was really enjoying

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 157 posts · 64 votes
    11y

    @Delon Hall,

    We have it disabled right now but will hopefully have it turned back on in the near future. We will let you know...

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Mine is off - where'd it go?

  • Professional Property Investor · Brisbane, Queensland · Member since 2015 · 165 posts · 160 votes
    11y

    @Scott Trench Hi Scott, Good work on the chat, unfortunately I do not have a chat icon at the bottom of my screen nor do I have a chat icon next to my picture. I am located in Australia so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Perhaps international chat is more complicated...lol.

    Looking forward to being able to use the service.

    Cheers!

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    I expect the "temporary" removal of Chat was to alleviate the load issues at the site.

    Scott - Are you planning to run the chat server (XMPP - hint, hint) in a separate instance to not impact the forums and blog?

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    I believe @Roy N. is pretty spot on.  We are working on bringing back chat soon.  Thanks to all the effort that @Robert Perry has been putting in to fix the load problems and get this awesome new feature back up and running!

  • Calgary, Alberta · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I don't have a chat icon anywhere on my screen either.  I hope this feature will be back, I look forward to using it!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Hey Everyone -- Chat is back up and running . . . the system forced us to make substantial infrastructure upgrades, as it was causing the site to crash quite a bit.  BiggerPockets should be FAR more stable now.  We hope you enjoy using the chat feature once again.

  • Real Estate Agent · Carmel, IN · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    I'm really going to get addicted now.  Thanks BP.  lol

  • Investor · Owings Mills, MD · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    The only thing I thought this site was missing was the chat feature!  WOOOOOOT

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Hey Guys - We've added an upgrade to the chat feature -- a status indicator for your colleagues on their profiles and on the forums. You'll see a little colored dot on the bottom left of user profiles -- this will indicate your colleagues and based on the color, you can see if they are online and available for chat.

    We hope this helps encourage further interaction between our members!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.