Found a Bug or Site Problem? Let us Know! Here's How

114 Replies

This topic has been locked by an administrator.

I drives me crazy when I’m reading posts several pages into the forums and every time I leave a post by hitting “Back,” it takes me to the first page. I either have to remember what page I was on or scroll through again to the last post I read. Why don’t you just take us back to the last page we were on? Is this a bug or the intended design? It occurs in IE, Firefox, & Chrome. Very annoying.
Jeff

Jeff S - You're not the first and won't be the last to complain about this. This happens because of the way we optimize the forum. Unfortunately, it is not something that we can fix at the moment -- trust me, I wish we could... one work around is to open any topics you're interested in in a new tab. That way you don't have to worry about the back and forth.

As soon as we can fix the issue, we will, but it is just not a possibility now.

I know - crappy answer. Sorry.

Joshua

A few months back you had a feature where you could find members etc by clicking on the letters A-Z and scroll down to find them. I tried to find some in order to contact them and this feature is hno longer there. I find you need to have a market or classification and scroll throufgh scores of names. the A-Z festure was good. I see all the times people I would like to contact, but maybe not at that particular moment and I don't remember which posts they are on either.

I have noticed on some threads the name of the person posting is being displayed as N/A N/A. I am including a screen shot.

One of the threads I noticed it on is http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/21/topics/170-how-to-find-a-good-realtor-

I try to monitor certain sub categories with RSS feeds through Google Reader. When I do this I get either all the updates in the main category or all the updates across all the forums. Would like to be able to use my reader to only monitor certain sub categories. Is this a problem with the site or an issue with Google Reader.

Josh;
Sorry I should have been more specific. With the current filter, at least on my crummy, outdated browser, it allows me to select the timeframe, but not sort by time. I.e. say I want to search "short sale" I want to get all the results, because there have been a lot of good posts over the years, but I want to start with the most recent ones because I know that a lot has changed from three years ago until now. I dont see a way to organize the results by most recent first? Or am I missing it
Thanks

@Samuel Ksiazkieicz - I suggest you use google for your search, since it now has options to do what you requested; you can search for a date range and then sort by relevance (date in your case) both in google. To limit the search to just the BP forums, you start with this in your search:

site: biggerpockets.com/forums

But take out the space between the ':' and 'biggerpockets' - I had to put that in there because the BP engine mangled the text otherwise.

I dont think I would call it a bug, just possibly an oversight. The keyword alert system is great but, it doesnt seem to notify if the keyword is in the title and not the post. Would be great if it could catch the titles too.

Thanks

I may be understanding the fileplace wrong so I don't know if this is a bug or not.....

On the free membership it says you can download 10 files per week.

When I try to download a file, I get an error stating I can not download more than 3 per week.

Hi Josh,
not sure that this is a bug, When I want to comment on a podcast discussion, it doesn't recognize me as logged in and makes me put in my email etc... and doesn't show my picture.
When I post to the forum it does see that I'm logged in and shows my picture. Is there a solution for this?
Also, I was wondering if there is a way to bookmark a discussion or a blog post back to your dashboard for future reference? often I read something that is extremely informative that I'd like to reference later. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks, B.P. is awesome. Great job!

Hey Patrick -
The BiggerPockets Blog is a different system than the rest of our site -- it runs on Wordpress, the most popular blogging platform online.

You can set up an account on the blog as a commenter, or you'd just enter your email, name, and website when you comment. In order to have your pic appear, you'll want to set up an account on a site called http://www.gravatar.com which controls profile avatars for Wordpress sites.

I hope that helps explain things a little.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here