Most Misspelled or Misused Words/Phrases on BP

77 Replies

Frequent word misuse offenders:

1. Principle instead of principal
2. "Lein" instead of "lien"

Which ones are at the top of your list?

If you don't have an apple, it is a pain to type your posts in word and copy and paste. I told Josh to put in a spell check, but it seemed that I was the only one who wanted it and I am sure it would take him a lot of time and money.

You also get a really small box to type in. It is hard to proof. I often see my post and have to go back and edit and sometimes I just say screw it and dont even bother to go back and fix it.

As a new BP member I thought Bigger Pockets (BP) was somehow referring to British Petroleum in tons of posts. Took me a little time to figure out misuse of acronyms.
(My Dad is in the oil business... opps).

@Jeffery K... I use FireFox (and a Mac). This helps but still am still the worlds worse speller. :-)

I looked, there is no button on my keyboard on my Toshiba that says "spell check"!

HelpJosh!

Wait till we get to pharses, like the one today, no debt servicing on debt.....I still never figured that out.

pretty much everything i type...i hate typing and i hate computers...in fact, i probably wouldn't even turn the damn thing on every day if it wasn't for BP (not british petroleum) :D

Originally posted by Brandon Kamm:
Using an Ipad half the words will be misspelled. The spell check on it sucks. its almost easier just to hope people can decipher what you wrote.

I use an iPod myself and I agree the spell check sucks in fact do you know a way you can shut it off because it annoys me?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you