Announcing Our NEW Premium Membership!!!

27 Replies

Hey hey hey, BiggerPocketeers!

We’ve been working on something really cool for the last few months, and I’m super excited to announce it here.

BiggerPockets Premium is now live for agents, hard money lenders, and any investor who has an investment company (more company types to come soon!)

If you want to skip this whole rest of this forum post and just get to the sale, we’re offering a one-time discount for Premium accounts: 20% for the lifetime of your membership. Click here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/companies/premium and enter the coupon code: premiumforum619.

Okay, now for those of you who want a longer explanation:

You may have seen the Premium badges around the forums, and a few other new features while we’ve been testing, and we can finally tell you what this is all about—NETWORKING!!!

Simply put, our community has hundreds of thousands of people who tell us every year they want to meet an investor-friendly agent, a hard money lender, a property manager, etc.

For years, these connections on BiggerPockets have been happening organically, which is awesome! But we’ve heard that the needs of the community have not been fully met in this manner - which is where Premium accounts come in. Here’s what we came up with:

• Premium members can create new, beautiful company profiles on BiggerPockets, which are searchable by the entire community.
  • Capture interest from the BiggerPockets community and turn them into leads for your business.
  • Premium account members can showcase deals they’ve done with members of the BiggerPockets community (this is huge!), as well as ask BiggerPockets members to write them references.
  • Premium members get placement at the top of our new company directories, where tens of thousands of members look for agents/lenders/partners each month.
  • Upload marketing materials and information about your company/services.
  • AND ALL of the features of our PRO membership, too!

We’re really excited about this, and so far the results have been awesome! Our Premium members are getting high-quality, qualified leads for their business every single week.

If you’re interested in becoming a Premium member we’re offering a one-time sale -- for a few days only so act quickly. 20% off Premium (normally $99/month) for the LIFETIME of your subscription. Use the code ‘premiumforum619’ to upgrade now.

Seriously, this offer is ONLY valid through Saturday, June 8, 2019!

Last thing -- I want to make clear what Premium is NOT.

• BiggerPockets is NOT selling the names/email addresses/anything of our users to Premium members (or anyone!). Premium allows BiggerPockets users to find people they want to work with through our directories. Our community is and always will be our foremost priority, and everything we do is meant to best serve all of our members.
  • While Premium members are still not allowed to advertise directly in the forums, your Premium membership allows you to add a clickable link directly to your company profile page!
  • We're not taking away the ability to organically connect with people (and we will NEVER take away the ability to connect for free) - just enhancing it!

This is great and congrats to the BP team! 

I hope you add a 'Software' category for Company types, because I think I would be interested in upgrading if that was an option!

It would also be helpful if you added a 'reviews' area to each Company's profile so BP users could leave reviews of the Companies.

Originally posted by @David Robertson :

This is great and congrats to the BP team! 

I hope you add a 'Software' category for Company types, because I think I would be interested in upgrading if that was an option!

It would also be helpful if you added a 'reviews' area to each Company's profile so BP users could leave reviews of the Companies.

Thanks for that feedback!! We actually do have "Professional Services" as a company type, and you can mark "Software" as a specialization. We also do have a "References" section on Premium company profiles!

@Mindy Jensen

This is Awesome! Can you please share if as a Premium Member that wants to know be seen as a Premium Member Investor Agent must I hold both memberships? Profession and Regular Premium?

Would love clarification on how best to handle the membership types.

Thank you,

Originally posted by @Cheryl David :

@Mindy Jensen

This is Awesome! Can you please share if as a Premium Member that wants to know be seen as a Premium Member Investor Agent must I hold both memberships? Profession and Regular Premium?

Would love clarification on how best to handle the membership types.

Thank you,

Cheryl Davis

Sr. Associate

Commercial + Multi-Family Income Generating Properties

Hey @Cheryl David! 

There's only one type of Premium membership, and you will only need to have one account. It's not so much a "company account" and then a "personal account" as it is just one account where you can add a company profile. For example, if you go to my profile, you can see that I'm part of the BiggerPockets company, and you can click into that to see the company profile. If we made the BiggerPockets company Premium, I would still have both my personal profile and my Premium company profile. Forum posts would be posted as me from my personal name, not BiggerPockets. 

The Premium badge in the forums (like I have) shows others that I have a Premium company profile. 

Does that help? Let me know what else I can clarify! Feel free to ask more if I'm not answering them/not interpreting your question correctly :)!

BP founder dude talked about the recent BP recapitalization on the BP business podcast. I guess this is part of what it looks like, gotta give those investors their ROI, everyone here is a "for profit" enterprise in one way or another. :)

I'm new to BP. Once I understand the layout of BP I'll think about the upgrade.

This post has been removed.

So this is an upgraded profile, not an additioanl profile? i.e. I'll now pay $99/mo and the old yearly fee I used to pay being a Pro member goes away?

Also, how will it work with the company profiles? Several agents in my firm are active on BP, so is there one company profile for our firm that is in the directory or do we all still get our own individual company profiles as individual agents?

Originally posted by @Megan Clancy :

So this is an upgraded profile, not an additioanl profile? i.e. I'll now pay $99/mo and the old yearly fee I used to pay being a Pro member goes away?

Also, how will it work with the company profiles? Several agents in my firm are active on BP, so is there one company profile for our firm that is in the directory or do we all still get our own individual company profiles as individual agents?

@Megan Clancy That's right! It's an upgrade, and it replaces your Pro subscription (but it includes everything you get with Pro, but you don't have to pay for both Pro and Premium). 

You can add team members to your company (for example, the BiggerPockets company has lots of team members), but they won't each show up individually in the company directory. If you all want your own individual names to show up in the company directory, you can all make your own company profiles and differentiate by putting your name behind the company name (like "Keller Williams | Megan Clancy") since there can't be duplicate company names. 

Let me know if that helps or how else I can clarify!

Guess you would need to fix the area in your credentials first. It will not let me add Saint Louis as my area. I think the add area button is dead. 

Not sure this is stated anywhere here.  What does a lifetime Premium account cost?  Is it a recurring fee or one time payment?

Originally posted by @Brooke Andrea :

Not sure this is stated anywhere here.  What does a lifetime Premium account cost?  Is it a recurring fee or one time payment?

@Brooke Andrea It's $99/month with a 12 month commitment. So it's not a one time payment!

Originally posted by @Peter MacKercher :

Guess you would need to fix the area in your credentials first. It will not let me add Saint Louis as my area. I think the add area button is dead. 

Hey Peter! Thanks for this feedback. I just looked into it - when I type in "Saint Louis", the option for Missouri comes up and I was able to press it and then click the "Add area" link. When I pressed the blue Save button, the reason it wouldn't save is because I forgot to put my Managing Broker's information up at the top. Once I filled that in, I was able to save everything, and Saint Louis showed up on my company profile. We're working on better error messaging so that you know why your information isn't saving!

@Mindy Jensen I am a project manager (Sales) at a Flooring company. I have gotten business from BP members stumbling across my profile here and I get most my biz from Realtors and investor networking meetings.

Do you think this new premium fits a flooring companies needs? I don’t know if maybe it’s to niche or how many people actually look for flooring recommendations locally on BP. On BP we are not allowed to message solicitation so I’m wondering how our company can really leverage this membership to make the $99/ month get us the attention of our market on BP.

@Joshua Howaniec , A Pro membership is a great way to test the waters here. Flooring isn't something that can be sold in Maine to a client in California. 

Pro members can post in the Marketplace, which is the only place advertising is allowed on the site. Using keywords naturally (keyword stuffing is also not allowed) to indicate your location, your offerings, etc can be one of the best ways to use our site for advertising. 

Please note Marketplace Posting Limits of 2 per day, and you must wait 5 days before posting an ad for the same product, property or service. 

If you're interested in upgrading to Pro, go to https://www.biggerpockets.com/membership-types to check out all the benefits. Use the code Mindy20 to get 20% off your annual Pro membership.

@Mindy Jensen thanks! I’ll try it out.

Follow up question, it’s unacceptable to solicit on the site. But pros can look up investor types and narrow that to cites. Would I be permitted to use it to look their companies up online and call them?

@Mindy Jensen - I just joined like two days ago and tried the discount mindy20 and it wouldn’t work....I really need to apply this discount. Can you help me?

I tried to sign up and it won't allow me, it says for premium members only.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here