We're Looking For a Few Good Writers

58 Replies

You know BiggerPockets as the source for all things Real Estate Investing - and we're going to continue to be that source.

But we're looking to spread our wings and share related content, too.

Things like Personal Finance, Productivity, Business Management - all things you can use to make your business even better. 

So, are you an expert? Do you have writing skills? Do you want to see your name in lights? (Well, not lights, but as a byline on the BiggerPockets Blog.)

If this is you, please let us know by filling out this form: https://www.biggerpockets.com/contribute

Couldn't edit my post. I'd love to write some things for you guys. I have been party to over 100 flips from the tiniest of repairs, to full guts from the studs out. I've worked behind the scenes with lenders & banks from the beginning of the foreclosure process all the way to conveyance and resale. 

@Mindy Jensen , do they have to be 'proprietary' blogs/articles meaning that BiggerPockets is the only place than have or can appear?

And, would we get extra consideration for being a Podcast Guest if we did them on a regular basis? :-)

Thanks, Dan Dietz

@Daniel Dietz , yes they have to be proprietary for BiggerPockets. Google frowns on (and punishes offenders) double posting. It looks like plagiarism. 

And the Podcast and Blog are separate. Writing for the blog doesn't guarantee a podcast spot. Having an interesting story, being part of more than 10 deals as the buyer or seller (rather than the agent), and a willingness to share numbers is the best way to become a guest on the Podcast. Oh, and filling out the form at www.biggerpockets.com/guest.

As a former Wisconsinite, I would weigh your application a little heavier...

Hi my name is Denise Cox and my dream is to write for local companies or advertising i have alot great ideas and a very creative mind to sell what ever u are looking for i will deliver it with excellence

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Arthur Crum:

Hey Mindy, 

Does BiggerPockets pay bloggers??

this is funny !!!  does anyone pay bloggers or you being factious 

Yes, writers do get paid. Bloggers are writers of a sort and are often paid. It's called content creation and can be quite lucrative. 

Originally posted by @Dee Culverson :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
Originally posted by @Arthur Crum:

Hey Mindy, 

Does BiggerPockets pay bloggers??

this is funny !!!  does anyone pay bloggers or you being factious 

Yes, writers do get paid. Bloggers are writers of a sort and are often paid. It's called content creation and can be quite lucrative. 

OK then I am holding out for best offer  !! because like all real estate investors I am deserving of it. :) 

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the information. A lot of individuals are looking for another payday and that is not what blogging is really about. Blogging is about sharing your ideas, valuable information and resources with others who are interested in whatever it is you have an expertise in so they can learn. I write because it is a passion of mine and I like to share my knowledge. That should be the main focus for any creative writer. Anything else that comes along with writing is a bonus. 

What is the editorial process for  biggerpockets? Free content, who is the referee?

Updated over 2 years ago

A better term may have been Editorial Board or equivalent. Was seeking insight into how the article authors are selected, how specific areas of interest and need may be solicited, and the general editorial process (both on individual articles and overall content). Perhaps this is described on the website, and I should explore there further. Thanks

Originally posted by @Denise Cox :

Hi my name is Denise Cox and my dream is to write for local companies or advertising i have alot great ideas and a very creative mind to sell what ever u are looking for i will deliver it with excellence

Hi Denise.

We're looking for articles from experienced real estate investors and experts in the personal finance field. 

Originally posted by @Alex Forest :

What is the editorial process for  biggerpockets? Free content, who is the referee?

I'm not sure I understand your question? What do you mean by referee? 

Hello Mindy,

I am starting from ground zero, with no knowledge. I am most definitely willing to blog about my experience with real estate and bigger pockets. I don't know if this would interest other community members, but I would enjoy feedback.

Jerome H Froehlich

Hello Mindy,

Big fan of you and everyone else. I listen to you and Scott every week.

My path to FI and my entry into REI is just starting (I just got back from a deployment). I am writing the last few articles for my blog before launch right now and putting together a studio for my YouTube channel. Everything should be up and running in the next 60 days with my first BRRRR purchase in the next year.

I don't have content that is up to yet but I would love to write for you in the future. How often do you bring on additional writers/creators?

I just wanted to ask so I know to keep watch! I love everything you guys are doing and the content you put out.

My site and YouTube channel are centered around personal finance, success strategies, and will eventually include content on my real estate journey as well. I will be launched here soon and would love if you get a chance to read any of my content!

Thank you for your time and I hope I find everyone well.

@Mindy Jensen Hey I just submitted the form. I’ve already got a book available on Amazon and I love to write. I’ve also appeared on several podcasts including one with Joe Fairless which should debut in a couple of months (you know how backed up he is). I think I’d make a great contributor to the site and I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you