Welcome New BiggerPockets Moderator: J Scott

Welcome New BiggerPockets Moderator: J Scott

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Last week we welcomed Jon Klaus to our moderator team, and today, I'm excited to announce another new moderator, J Scott.

J has been around BiggerPockets for almost 5 years, and his 7,800+ forum posts have been of as high in quality as you can find. J goes above and beyond to help other members succeed with their businesses, and I'm proud to have him as a member of the team!

Of course, you'll be able to find him across the site, but look to his contributions in our Rehabbing forum areas, where his expertise lies, for the gold standard in feedback.

Do be sure to follow him here on BiggerPockets and please welcome J to the team!

8Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
13y

Congrats J. I can confidently say that you have been the most helpful BP member for me over the past 2+ years. Your willingness to share, answer questions and respond to inquiries is beyond impressive and your ability to be truthful yet respectful is refreshing!

What a great addition to the BP Moderator team and thanks for your contributions thus far!

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    13y

    Positive energy,positive thoughts,positive energy,positive thoughts....................

    Welcome J Scott to the moderators board ! ....................... : )

  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 978 posts · 985 votes
    13y

    I, for one, welcome our new J Scott Overlord!

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2010 · 449 posts · 173 votes
    13y

    Congrats, J, and to Jon too!

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    Michael -

    Not to belabor your point, but I want to address it, as it's probably something others are thinking as well...

    I see my role here pretty much staying the same. The big things I imagine I'll be doing differently will revolve around keeping threads going when they still have some life in them (which I like to do anyway), focusing on making new members feel welcome (which I should be doing anyway) and helping keep OBVIOUS inappropriate content off the site (which I try to do by referring abuse to the mods now anyway).

    As for taking advantage of my "power," I hope my actions speak for themselves, but I'm a big believer in forum moderators being as invisible as possible (in the mod context) and when necessary, being a lot like good judges -- if there's ever a conflict of interest, refer it over to another mod to make judgment calls. I have plenty of sparring matches with folks here, and I 100% RESPECT their right to beat me up as much as I sometimes beat up others. I enjoy that and wouldn't limit it, even if I could... :)

    In fact, when I think about my role here, the role of dealing with negative stuff doesn't even come to mind. In my mind, it's more of an ambassador role (the kind of ambassador that doesn't get killed by terrorists, hopefully), not a policing role.

    If anything, I have a feeling Josh made me a mod because he knows it will make be be nicer... ;)

  • Real Estate Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Welcome! Thanks greatly for the all the motivation and inspiration you provide!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.