Tell us how to improve BiggerPockets content!

Tell us how to improve BiggerPockets content!

Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 93 votes

Love the BiggerPockets Podcast? Watch Real Estate Ride Along every week on our YouTube channel? Wish our blog covered the BRRRR strategy more often? (Wait, is that possible?)

We want to hear what YOU think about BiggerPockets' many content offerings—and how we can get better at answering the questions you have on real estate (and entertaining you along the way).

If you have an extra 2 minutes and would like to help shape the future of BiggerPockets content (sounds dramatic, but seriously), please complete this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r...

We appreciate you!

11Reply
430 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Arlington, TX · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 64 votes
6y

@Allison Leung making the app overall mobile device friendly. Include tools and BP Insights to the mobile app version.

See this reply in the discussion

152 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Allison Leung

    Id love to be able to write in full paragraphs from the mobile App. When my post is long winded I have to log out of the app, and post on the website instead. 90% of my BP time is scrolling the forum on my IPhone.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sydney, NSW · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Loving BP podcasts and all the content provided. As an international individual, I’d love to see international guests on the podcast with value to bring for people overseas looking to invest internationally in the US! Thanks :)

  • Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Under the Rental Property Calculators in TOOLS it would be very helpful to be able to create folders to keep your reports in.  FOR EXAMPLE if evaluating properties in different cities you could have a folder for Anytown USA, My Town USA, and Your Town USA instead of having various regions all mashed together.  Folders one may name for what ever purpose they deem suitable.  Thank you.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Allison Leung.

    It would be great if:

    -the tools & insights were available on the mobile app.

    -an option to bookmark/place in a BP folder certain BP articles that we like, or would like to go back & read

    -mobile alerts for a BP webinar that’s about to start

    -BP property management groups & reviews. Similar to finding a BP real estate agent on the site.

    Thank you!!!

  • New to Real Estate · MN · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    It would be great if the Rehab Calculator could automatically estimate the cost of an estimated Rehab based on the average cost of Rehab in the location of the investor. It would make life a lot easier. 

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    A great way to improve the BiggerPockets App would be to include all the Calculators in the app. When I have to analyze a deal it would be have to be done on a web browser rather than BP app :)

  • Richland Center, WI · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    I have always found the forum very difficult to navigate.

    I've more or less stopped listening to the podcast. It has become too ad filled and becomes very rudimentary.  I remember way back when I would have to stop every few minutes to research a term that was new to me.  Now we spend five minutes discussing what wholesaling or whatever else the topic of the day is.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Is there a way to report bugs in the website? For example, using the forums on desktop browser, there is a big ad at the bottom where the content stops. I have to scroll to the bottom of the ad, then back up, to load more content. Otherwise it won't load more forum posts. 

    However, about half the time when I do this, the website goes into some kind of loop where it loads a ton of content, like the page=3 parameter in the URL will start incrementing like crazy.

    When using the website in mobile, sometimes the top bar gets detached and floats into the content. Very weird. 

    I also agree the auto-loading youtube video on the "dashboard" should not auto-play, its the same video almost every time. I had to block the element using an adblocker. 

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Allison Leung

    Add emojis like instead of just a vote:

    Could be a emoji one creates that is for specific property type..🏢 🏬 MF 🏘

    insurance emoji - like a gavel with a smiling face holding it to indicate great vote for Insurance post. 👨‍⚖️

    Emoji for I would like to see more posts or answers from this wise person. Like: 🤓

    celebrate 🎉

    And then have them be counted on their page like Yelp has.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Allison Leung

    Also like a drop down menu that you can click to latest answer to oldest answer. So we don’t have to scroll to the bottomless pit and back up?! Hope you understand what I mean. Or the hugest voted answer so that we can get to the best answer quickly instead of having to read a dozen to get to it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Allison Leung

    Hello Allison

    I love the content but I wish the mobile app was more user friendly. As someone stated the motifs took algorithm is a bit off. I didn’t even realize a few people responded to my discussion. Also I really wish you could save a discussion as well as follow a discussion. In doing so I would be able to refer back to a discussion without getting an email every time someone post in it. Also in the reply screen on the app it would be super helpful if you could see the content of the post you’re replying to. Last thing the connecting with other people is also very off. It should be easier to see the people you follow and be able to click on say their profile thumbnail and be brought to their profile. This will allow us to connect a lot better.

    Thanks for hearing us out

  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    1.  Tell why your post was eliminated.  Versus having to ask

    2.  Be responsive.  I do member blogs and they don’t get picked up as featured.  Why?  Full of content.  Not selling myself or product. Not putting in bad links.  I’ve asked this twice with no response.  Is it because I don’t have a picture of myself?  Just give feedback when asked.

    3.  Reading about a third of the comments above, my blogs or responses are detailed and applicable which are what people are looking for. 

    4.  Would recommend a beginners section with sub categories on financing, deal making, analysis, mentorship, etc.   This will make it easier for them. Create a tiered interest level versus all levels in one section. 

    5.  Have negative votes.  This will help either clean up content or help other people to avoid reading it.   For example if I’m in the non beginner section and I ask for the best carpenter in Potosí, Missouri; people can vote negative to my post to let me know to move to different category.

    6.  Give feedback to your post.  Collate the above responses.  Prioritize them. Then respond to the top five.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Allison Leung

    Hello NO is a great sight and the app is great to but I'd suggest that the app should be that an app of the website just not the forums. When I'm mobile I hate that I have to go to my browser app to do anything with the calculators when I have the Bp app.

    If you add everything from the site to the app would be great then it would be the ultimate REAL ESTATE investors app.

    Thank you for your time.

  • Member since 2020 · 54 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung. Hello, I'm new here and I may have missed what I'm looking for because I only use the mobile app but where is the buy-sell area? This seems to be a perfect Forum where we can offer our properties for sale or ask for leads on properties were looking for to the other members, thanks!

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y
    I'm new and was looking at subscribing specifically for the forum content.  However, searching for specific information doesn't seem to be available (i.e. an "advanced search").   Perhaps I'm missing something.
  • Boring, OR · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Not sure its possible but be nice to be able to delete past caculator reports.

    But honestly keep up the good work. Site is awesome. 

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    I'm fairly new to BP. In the process of purchasing my second rental property.  I think the site is a great resource and have found value in the tools.  

    - Would like to see the deals page be limited to active listings.  Agree with comments above that when you see deals listed months/years old, hard to feel comfortable with what's actually available.

    -Agree with comments about recent podcasts.  I have actually started back at episode 1 and have found most of those more valuable than recent content

    -More content for those starting REI in the middle of their career would be helpful.

    -A BP mobile calculator app would be helpful.  There are a couple available that will work for convenience, but a BP version would be my preference.

    Appreciate the opportunity to provide input to improve the site. 

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung As a new investor I found the content to be very helpful. The mobile app needs to include all the tools the website offers, ability to browse and save content, not just access to forums.

  • Investor · Springfield, MA · Member since 2010 · 276 posts · 84 votes
    5y

    Fix the android app.  It is very cumbersome to add forum posts from it.

  • Investor · West Monroe, LA · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 70 votes
    5y

    I would like to see more content on mobile home parks  - this seems to be lightly covered on BP

  • Rental Property Investor · Logan, UT · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    I am new to the app and love the content and information. Maybe I haven’t found it but I would love the option to be able to save Specific blog posts to my account to be able to review later and reread them! Thanks for all you guys do

  • Rental Property Investor · Logan, UT · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Jerryll Noorden

    As I learn more about real estate and listening to these podcasts I have heard a few statements and suggestions that are good tips to investing within the podcasts but have also found myself wishing that they were more instructional and less specific to a certain person and more specific to a strategy or topic. While I enjoy these podcasts I do agree with you

  • Realtor · Santa Rosa Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung let investors connect! I posted a local “deal” with analysis and it was removed??? Why would you take away the ability for investors to connect. Total BS if you ask me.

  • Realtor · Santa Rosa Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Jerryll Noorden for F ing real my man!

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Many of the posts that start by quoting someone simply add on to the quote. These are then dimmed and only a few lines are shown.  As a result, the post looks blank.

    There is no reason that anyone should be able to add to or change anyone else's quote.

    Why don't you put a line after the quote the says, "Start writing after this line," so we know where to begin writing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.