Tell us how to improve BiggerPockets content!

Tell us how to improve BiggerPockets content!

Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 93 votes

Love the BiggerPockets Podcast? Watch Real Estate Ride Along every week on our YouTube channel? Wish our blog covered the BRRRR strategy more often? (Wait, is that possible?)

We want to hear what YOU think about BiggerPockets' many content offerings—and how we can get better at answering the questions you have on real estate (and entertaining you along the way).

If you have an extra 2 minutes and would like to help shape the future of BiggerPockets content (sounds dramatic, but seriously), please complete this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r...

We appreciate you!

11Reply
418 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Arlington, TX · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 64 votes
6y

@Allison Leung making the app overall mobile device friendly. Include tools and BP Insights to the mobile app version.

See this reply in the discussion

152 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, AL · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    Is there any way you can make it to where you can see the people who you follow or connected with??

  • Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2012 · 50 posts · 50 votes
    5y

    This may sound odd, but the rookie real estate podcast link is only available under the menu, listen to education spot, if you are logged in. If you try to listen to it without logging in first, the other real estate podcasts are listed , but the rookie real estate podcast is missing from the menu. Please have it there, whether a member is logged in or not, so they can find it easier.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    Hi, with regard to content on BP - I am a huge fan of the site and really love the podcasts.  I see that many talk about the mobile app needing improvement so won't go into that myself.  What I would like to mention is that for newbies, many of the podcast guests on the Real Estate one seem almost "superhuman".  Making it sound like they can do it all.  Just listened to the one with the mom of 6 kids who home schools and built a real estate empire, etc etc.  She makes it sound so easy.  If it is for her kudos.  For most of us mortals, it is far from that and I found that podcast very discouraging.    Wish you had more interviews that talked about mistakes people make, what they learned from them and how they recovered.  The Sunday broadcast is an improvement - covering mindset.  

  • New to Real Estate · Bethpage, NY · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hi, I’d love to see BP app in land scape mode on my iPad Pro

  • Dan WeberBusiness Member
    Realtor · Portland, ME · Member since 2015 · 655 posts · 552 votes
    5y

    Improve the phone app! That would be very helpful

  • Investor · Gallatin, TN · Member since 2020 · 59 posts · 62 votes
    5y

    Agreed with "improve the phone app". The tools should be easily available on your phone and they are not!

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Hi

    Please add the tools like calculators with the app. Also the ability to run comps from the app would be awesome.

    Thanks

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    I also wish the user experience was similar to each platform aka mobile, app, and desktop.

    Things like, I can only see the votes and posts quantity on desktop

  • New to Real Estate · Bethpage, NY · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hey Nate, I'm pretty sure there is a way to improve content but, from my point of view the content and people are Awesome!, if you just keep up the good work is fine by me men.

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    I have been looking for a mentor, partner, fellow investor, someone who can talk to me and has the time to meet with me or let me come along on their deals , so I can learn first hand.   I’m not sure where to find , how to find my mentor or realestate guide.      I know I just have to “do it”.   And I’m to the point of just buying something whether or not it’s the great deal or not, just make the mistake, learn on my own. I’m sure no deal is perfect.

    I’m buying my first deal before December.   Now I’m accountable.

    Thanks, 

    Lori

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 134 posts · 50 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung more focus on tax shelter strategies-your primary focus is accumulating wealth but not so much on preservation.

  • Rental Property Investor · Joplin/Fort Smith Area · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Have "deals" expire so properties that are long gone, are not showing up. 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Seems like on these  podcasts there are a bunch of egotistical, egomaniacs .

    I could be wrong, 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Do any of these posts really matter

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    It is an amazing app you guys have done an awesome job. But if you could make it iPad friendly ( for example making the screen auto-rotate.) All and all shout out to the app designers! Thanks!

  • Investor · VA but NOT in real estate · Member since 2020 · 57 posts · 55 votes
    5y

    All in all I appreciate the information that is being provided and thank BP for it's vision in putting out so much content.   Beggars can't be choosers.  

    That said, I'll latch onto a couple of critiques that others have brought up:  (1) a little more "how to" and a lot less "you're wonderful, I'm wonderful, we're all wonderful!" would be sincerely appreciated.   I understand that the marketing of any business is the sizzle, but often times it's just too hard to find the steak with BP.  The "believe it and you'll be!" focus just gets irritating after awhile. I want ideas and facts to develop my skills, please.  (2) the search function on the main website is just painful.  I'm considering becoming a PRO member and this is really the thing that holds me back.  So I have to pay to get a search function that might work?  And I have no idea if even that premium search function works. I simply can't find what I'm looking for on the website at this point. I'll play with google and see if it gives a better result.    

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I haven't read through all of the responses but I would HAVE To believe that the MOBILE APP is your #1 response. I'm just baffled as to why the website is pretty good but the mobile app is so trash. The reviews on it are horrible and it's been wasting space on my phone for years. Is it that difficult to get this right?

    Please get this to Josh as I know this site is his passion. But long term oversights like this is what opens the market up to competition who are willing to take the time and money to build a better mousetrap. I like THIS mousetrap. Thanks!

    Respectively and Sincerely - Eeb

  • Real Estate Broker · Redwood City, CA · Member since 2014 · 679 posts · 888 votes
    5y
    Nice observation. a few scammers too.


    Originally posted by @Lori Agajanian:

    Seems like on these  podcasts there are a bunch of egotistical, egomaniacs .

    I could be wrong, 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Very well said Chip, 

  • Khaled El DorryPro Member
    Casselberry, FL · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 54 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung I would recommend like the majority of people here to make the app more robust to add more features from the website.

    Also regarding the forums I would recommend adding “tiered” forums where posting is restricted by experience type or total number of deals done. Basically forums where everyone can read them but participation is limited to more experienced people. It wouldn’t take away anything from this site but only add a “pros section”. I wouldn’t think I would qualify for it personally but would enjoy reading it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    I'd really love a House-Hack Calculator!

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 313 votes
    5y

    Please please please update your mobile app. The UI/UX needs significant improvement. A good mobile version of this site would be killer.

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 313 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kristie S.:

    Hi, with regard to content on BP - I am a huge fan of the site and really love the podcasts.  I see that many talk about the mobile app needing improvement so won't go into that myself.  What I would like to mention is that for newbies, many of the podcast guests on the Real Estate one seem almost "superhuman".  Making it sound like they can do it all.  Just listened to the one with the mom of 6 kids who home schools and built a real estate empire, etc etc.  She makes it sound so easy.  If it is for her kudos.  For most of us mortals, it is far from that and I found that podcast very discouraging.    Wish you had more interviews that talked about mistakes people make, what they learned from them and how they recovered.  The Sunday broadcast is an improvement - covering mindset.  

    +1 here

  • Investor · Gallatin, TN · Member since 2020 · 59 posts · 62 votes
    5y

    In do not know if this has been mentioned but it would be great to find forms like Real Estate Purchase Agreements, Inspection forms, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.