Tell us how to improve BiggerPockets content!

Tell us how to improve BiggerPockets content!

Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 93 votes

Love the BiggerPockets Podcast? Watch Real Estate Ride Along every week on our YouTube channel? Wish our blog covered the BRRRR strategy more often? (Wait, is that possible?)

We want to hear what YOU think about BiggerPockets' many content offerings—and how we can get better at answering the questions you have on real estate (and entertaining you along the way).

If you have an extra 2 minutes and would like to help shape the future of BiggerPockets content (sounds dramatic, but seriously), please complete this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r...

We appreciate you!

11Reply
420 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Arlington, TX · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 64 votes
6y

@Allison Leung making the app overall mobile device friendly. Include tools and BP Insights to the mobile app version.

See this reply in the discussion

152 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Castro Valley, CA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    *Pro Account* Step by Step Instructional video for the BRRR Calculator. Explaining using Hard Money lender in an example deal with the loan(s) portion explained in detail.

  • Rental Property Investor · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2018 · 87 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    Getting the search tool to be more precise. For instance it will not let you search for "This is what I want". Even in quotes it still return results that contrain any one of those words so it brings back a bunch of results that I don't need.

  • New to Real Estate · Bloomsburg · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    You should add a save to read latter list option and a favorite blogs post

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 930 posts · 836 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    My recommendation is to work on the search function in the BP App for iPhone. As far as I can tell, the filter by time function is just for decoration, because when I set it to one year on my search, the top results still come in with four or even twelve year old topics.

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 653 posts · 313 votes
    5y

    Revamp the UI and UX on your mobile app FTLOG. (: 

  • Rental Property Investor · Reading, PA · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    The pro only tab is very disappointing 

  • Rental Property Investor · Portugal · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 26 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Allison Leung:

    Love the BiggerPockets Podcast? Watch Real Estate Ride Along every week on our YouTube channel? Wish our blog covered the BRRRR strategy more often? (Wait, is that possible?)

    We want to hear what YOU think about BiggerPockets' many content offerings—and how we can get better at answering the questions you have on real estate (and entertaining you along the way).

    If you have an extra 2 minutes and would like to help shape the future of BiggerPockets content (sounds dramatic, but seriously), please complete this survey:

    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r...

    We appreciate you!

     We need an international version, or at least, to be able to choose another country to post deals, other than the USA :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2019 · 146 posts · 101 votes
    5y

    search tools for members better.   Its very glitchy and doesn't filter well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 78 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung like many have said the app is clunky. I would add some red alert bubbles when someone gets an alert or message AFTER opening the app. Not complaining because the content is still great!

  • Member since 2020 · 41 posts · 56 votes
    5y

    For the rental estimation calculator, add an option to select if the property is a single family home vs a multifamily. Rents will be different.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    One suggestion is to make a way to organize your Rental Property reports. I analyze tons of properties all over the US and reports seem to be in order of last done. Would be cool if I could organize them alphabetically by state. Would help in finding older reports. Thanks BP!

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    Also add in the calculators into the app to generate reports on the go or when we come across a deal.

  • Denmark · Member since 2018 · 90 posts · 56 votes
    5y

    I think BP is great!

    BUT I think you should be more ambitious in regards to membership growth. There is so much growth potential in other English speaking countries like Canada, Australia and the UK.

    Brandon mentioned in a Podcast that a board member did not want to hear what was possible with the current setup - he wanted to hear what great ideas that was not yet possible.

    I would love it if the whole organization would embrace that.

  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2020 · 471 posts · 462 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    I see a lot of comments about the app and I agree, it needs some work. One thing I find annoying is when I click on a notification, say someone mentioned my post, when I click on the link it doesn't take me directly to that post, but to the entire thread and I have to scroll all the way down to find the post it is talking about.

  • Rental Property Investor · Newburgh, NY · Member since 2018 · 160 posts · 117 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    The content is great.

    The site, at least on my android device, needs improvements.

    All too often i find i have to scroll through a ton of replies to see a response to my contribution to a forum.

    I find it clunky to navigate the site.

    The people and content are why I come back, but the site is frustrating.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    I agree with everyone on being more mobile friendly!

    I just got the iPad Pro and noticed that when opening the app it doesn’t rotate into landscape! Which that seems like a pretty simple thing to fix:) I’m always on not a programmer so maybe not

  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung still kinda new to the site, the platform seems to be one what has many resources but having trouble how to best utilize it to gain those resources. Also the app for could be more user friendly in my opinion. Maybe being it’s just my phone for being an Apple user but at times it logs me out of the app automatically when I’m trying to scroll through, the functionality at times seems a bit weird in the app but overall I’m happy I’ve downloaded the app and started listening to the podcasts. Hopefully it leads to more networking and connecting with other to do more in real estate!

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Allison Leung add a search bar, to search forums

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi, I found under find deals there are properties that are still on for years. Most of which are n/a.. 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Adding an index for themes would be of great help (similar to subreddits)... or better tools to search for a discussion on a specific theme/question.

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    Give more instruction on how to estimate cost percentages and contractor costs. Like, HOOOOW do I determine vacancy rates? What factors into that calculation? And HOW do I know what it costs for certain jobs?

  • Member since 2020 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung It would be great if the app was a little more mobile friendly, and I'd love to see more content on Commercial Real Estate, repositioning and value ads as well as creative financing.

  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 564 votes
    5y

    Not particularly content related, but within the forums if there could be a "newbie" section or simply better direction for new users in how to use the search function. There are too many of the same questions, that have literally been answered (in detail) hundreds, if not thousands of times!

    This would help reduce the redundancy, improve the quality of each posts making it more unique, and also gets people to understand the platform a bit better. 

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Another thought, not content related,  is there a reason the text has to be grey particularly on the app.  I know millennials love grey but....harder to read.

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Allison Leung

    Huge fan of course; things I wish:

    -that the BP marketplace had more attention, effort & could possibly streamline wholesale / off market opportunities. I personally think it could rival Craig’s list or FB marketplace as a viable option and for the seller of these property types you can sort of filter the buyers. Also same thing for realtor type listings that maybe do make sense for investors

    -that if I’m networking on a thread I could click on a persons page and connect.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.