Can't upload a profile picture.

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
13y

The system should allow GIFs, JPGs & PNGs.

Is anyone else having a problem uploading a profile image?

See this reply in the discussion

73 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Central Coast, CA · Member since 2012 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Joshua D.

    When I click "upload a profile picture," the upload button gets lighter and nothing at all happens, i.e. the website doesn't browse or get to any photo to upload.

  • Jarrett BaughPro Member
    Diamond Bar, CO · Member since 2013 · 89 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    John, I will email you about it so we can figure this out together.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    @Robert Perry

     I tried support and did not get a reply. Could you help me with my profile pic? I have uploaded a dozen times. It shows up for a day or two and then disappears. I thought maybe it was a spam filter or something so I tried a different image but same thing happened. I have attached the image I am trying to use. 

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 157 posts · 64 votes
    11y
    Hey Will,

    I uploaded the image for you. I will look into why it happened but my guess is that one of our new hires is still learning the ropes.  Anyways, my apologies and we will get things sorted out on our end. Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

    Rob


    Originally posted by @Will R.:

    @Robert Perry

     I tried support and did not get a reply. Could you help me with my profile pic? I have uploaded a dozen times. It shows up for a day or two and then disappears. I thought maybe it was a spam filter or something so I tried a different image but same thing happened. I have attached the image I am trying to use. 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Awesome! I have a face! Thanks @Robert Perry

  • Rental Property Investor · Laguna Niguel, CA · Member since 2015 · 142 posts · 98 votes
    11y
    I'm having problems uploading my picture. After selecting it the wheel spins like it's working but it just keeps spinning. It's only 37KB. Any help would be appreciated :)
  • Rental Property Investor · Laguna Niguel, CA · Member since 2015 · 142 posts · 98 votes
    11y
    Please disregard. I used Chrome instead of Explorer and it worked!
  • Roosevelt, NY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Hi newbie here and I'm having trouble posting a profile picture. Can anybody help me with this issue? Please and thanks.
  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Joshua D.  system kicked my profile picture sideways again, could you let me know how to fix that.  Thanks. 

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Scott Parker, if you go to https://www.biggerpockets.com/profile/photo you will see arrows beneath your image to turn it right side up.

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    @Mindy Jensen

    I figured it out, Thanks for the info.

  • Information Systems and Cyber Security Manager – US ARMY · Augusta, GA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 30 votes
    10y
    Also if your browser has been open and you are just refreshing/reloading a page even when things change on the server side (that's geek for the bigger pockets or which ever page you are trying to visit) the info is cached rather than fresh...meaning your browser is using information and satay it already has rather than asking the server to give it the new information or changes. Most times closing the browser completely and the reopening and trying again will clear the cache. You can also go into most browser options and "clear SSL state". I have issues with government websites all the time and that usually does the trick. Hope that also helps a little.
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    I am having a problem uploading a picture as well. I've tried .jpg and .png

  • Clovis, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Having "Issues" as well loading my Photo... I blame the podcast.. if someone hadn't said it was a pet peeve i wouldn't have Tried! Ha Ha.. Anyway. Tried it on my phone a couple of times.. even shut down my phone and logged out and back in.... Nada Zilch.... Nuthin... Help! :-)

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Gideon Moody:

    Having "Issues" as well loading my Photo... I blame the podcast.. if someone hadn't said it was a pet peeve i wouldn't have Tried! Ha Ha.. Anyway. Tried it on my phone a couple of times.. even shut down my phone and logged out and back in.... Nada Zilch.... Nuthin... Help! :-)

     Please try these steps:

    1. Clear the cache, cookies and history in your browser. Usually this fixes most browsing problems. Then try to upload your photo again.

    2. Try other browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. to access Biggerpockets.com 

    BiggerPockets
  • Clovis, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Ok! ..still trying..... i'll give that a shot. Thanks Michael

  • Clovis, CA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    It looks like its working! B-)

  • Nampa, ID · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I know the original post is old but, I am currently having the problem with uploading a jpeg on my acct as well.  Have tried 10 different times over the last 2 days with no success.

  • Lender · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 100 posts · 57 votes
    7y

    @Jared Moote I cant upload either.  I have tried learing the cache, using different browsers, and different file names.  I cant upload.

    Getting the "you need to upload at least 1 photo "error 

    Can anybody help?

  • Real Estate Agent · CT · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi @joshuadorkin in particular and everyone else!  I too am having issues uploading a picture.  No error pops up, just nothing happens.  I have tried on explorer and chrome.  It is a jpg file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

  • Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Bump: this is happeneing to me too

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Chris DeMorais @Sean O'Dowd

    Please try these steps:

    1. Clear the cache, cookies and history in your browser. Usually this fixes most browsing problems. Then try to upload your photo again.

    2. The system has a limit on the file size/resolution of profile photos. It would be best to use photos with a resolution of 640 X 480 pixels.

    You can use sites like https://www.reduceimages.com/ to reduce the file size or resolution of your photo.

    3. If it still doesn't work, you can send us your photo ( support @ biggerpockets.com ) and we'll try to upload it on our end.

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.