Are YOU using Gmail? Then Read This to Be Sure You Get the BiggerPockets Newsletter . . .

15 Replies

Hey folks - just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of a recent change to Gmail that is going to affect you if you use Gmail to get updates from BiggerPockets.

Basically - Gmail split everyone's inboxes automatically into several different categories - so rather than having one inbox, you now have three or more. Then, Gmail will be filtering those emails for you. (That's so nice of them...)

What does this mean?

Well - simply put: you may not notice when your favorite newsletters or notifications - like ones from BiggerPockets - are sent to you. All business related emails are being sent to your "Promotions" tab - so you may miss out on valuable info from BiggerPockets.

However - it's real easy to tell Google you want to continue seeing articles from BiggerPockets or your other favorite places. To do this - simply click on your "Promotions Tab" - and click 'n drag any message from BiggerPockets over to your "Primary Inbox."

Then - you'll notice some yellow words at the top - make sure you click "yes" and from then on, all content from BP will go there.

It's that easy! However- if you'd like a video tutorial, check out this quick video from SocialMediaExaminer.com on how to do this!

Thanks everyone! Have a great day :)

Thanks for the heads up Brandon! There's actually a way to disable those tabs by going to Settings - Configure Inbox if you want your inbox to look like it always has. I prefer to see all my emails and filter them accordingly, so I don't miss anything :).

Hey Guys - We noticed that a HUGE percentage of our Gmail users are not opening the newsletter since this change. In fact, our newsletter is being opened by 1/4 to 1/5 as many people as were checking it out prior to the changes that Brandon mentioned above.

Since we know that you guys like the newsletter and want to know what's going on every week, please be sure to follow his instructions above to make sure you get all our info.

Hey everyone -- it looks like some of our newsletters are going to spam again on Gmail. I wanted to remind everyone to check your Gmail spam folders if you're not seeing the newsletter and I want to encourage you to follow the directions above to ensure its delivery. Thanks!

Yeah, they've been doing this to my account for a little while. As an old-school computer nerd, I remember the day when you got to do what ever you wanted with you email and stuff. Today gmail splits your in-coming mail. Who knows what tomorrow will bring! :(

...or you can just switch to a pay for service email address...like it used to be. You get to avoid the privacy violation that Gmail partakes in by the relentless scanning of your emails. Why give Gmail free access to your info for their own advertising purposes?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you