Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Chelsea Hagman
Votes |
Seeking advice for property manager & renovator

Chelsea Hagman
Posted Mar 24 2023, 15:43

Hello! My husband and I are looking to invest near Des Moines, Iowa and we’re looking for suggestions on a property manager that has between 50-150 doors they manage and also someone reliable that can do some renovations. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Andy Algreen
  • Realtor
  • Des Moines, IA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Des Moines, IA
Replied Mar 27 2023, 13:32

Hi Chelsea! I'm a local realtor and investor here in Des Moines. Here are a few property management companies in the Des Moines area. Highly recommend you vet them as needed as I haven't worked directly with any of them. I own a duplex my self and self manage it. 

-KLC Property Management

-Renters Warehouse

-Property Management Inc (PMI), Central Iowa

I also am a co-owner of a short-term property management company called Des Moines Short Term Rentals. If you have any interest in discussing what that might look like, I'd be happy to chat with you about it!

As far as contractors go, I would join the 'DSM Real Estate Investing Meetup' facebook group to find what you might be looking for on that end of things. Hope that help!

User Stats

Votes
Derek Vander Veen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • West Des Moines, IA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • West Des Moines, IA
Replied Mar 29 2023, 07:50

Hi @Chelsea Hagman.  I'd highly recommend reaching out to the EXIT Realty Capital City property management team.  They're a local property manager based at 70th and Hickman in Urbandale/Des Moines.  They have been professionally managing residential properties in the Des Moines area for years, and currently manage somewhere between 100 and 150 doors.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes