• Wholesaler
  • Holiday, FL
Votes |
who would I foreclose on?

Stephen S.
  • Wholesaler
  • Holiday, FL
Posted Jul 31 2014, 06:59

This house has been empty for four years.  Well upside down on the mortages.  It took me a long time to find the owner - and actually I am still one step away:  presently talking with the previous owner - the aunt of the present owner.

The ower of record  (name on the deed)  declared bankrupcy and that was recently concluded.  The house / mortgage in question was included.  The owner is reluctant to get involved as she thinks that she will some how 'get financially involved' and then owe some money.  

So a short-sale is likely impossible - without her cooperation I mean.  

Maybe I could buy the loan at a discount from the bank which holds it?  Conveniently;  my bank.  Although I don't know if that make a difference.

I think I can get her to quit-claim the property to me.  But would that elimnate the possibility of a bank short sale?  I would be the OOR while the previous owner would be the name on the mortgage note.  How would that work? <g>

But if buy the mortgage directly from the bank - then I would only need her to quit claim the deed - in lieu of me foreclosing on her?

I'm confused.  How would all you Smart Guys handle this one? <g>

stephen

------------

Loading replies...