• Investor
  • Dover, DE
Votes |
Am I wasting my agent's time?

Blaine Brown
  • Investor
  • Dover, DE
Posted Feb 11 2016, 07:17

This is a three part question....Am I wasting my agent's time?  Should I ask to enter a buyers agreement?  Should I just approach the listing agent on my own?  I have zero investing experience.

Background...After speaking with a loan officer she suggested an agent that has worked with investors.  We went to look at a house I wanted to put an offer on.  I put in an offer and the bank accepted someone else's offer three days later.  Since then I've found other foreclosures and my agent has taken me to see them.  I put in other offers and the bank comes back with counter offers that I'm not even close to willing to pay.  I guess I don't feel like I'm lowballing since I'm offering the highest price where my numbers are working out.  

If I keep this up (since I have no intentions of stopping), will my agent eventually just get tired of me wasting his time?  He runs comps and tells me a price the house is probably worth, which in my opinion aren't fair comps because the houses I am looking at are in bad shape and cash only.  Comparing that to a nicely put together home doesn't seem right.  This is why I ask if I should enter a buyers agreement so I'm 100% sure he's looking out for my interests.  I feeling like approaching the listing agent on my own would be more beneficial only because he/she will get the full commission.  

Thanks for the thoughts,

Blaine

Loading replies...