What fun thing would you do with $25,000 - $30,000

What fun thing would you do with $25,000 - $30,000

Investor · Northern, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 904 votes

Post by Austin Fruechting  motivated this post.. 

If you were financially free, and just wanted to splurge money on some new hobby or a toy or activity, what is the fun thing you would do? 

I will go first.. I am a huge baseball fan, so I would go to every single major league ballpark (all 30 of them) in one single season. We are talking from Fenway to Marlins Park, and Safeco Field to Petco Park, and everything in between. 

I would also buy the best seats right behind home plate. Watching Kershaw throw right at you... PRICELESS ! 

Please don't say...."I will invest in the next real estate venture, or lend money at a gazillion percent interest rate".  In reality, I would invest in next property too, but this post is not about that. This is about something that you always dreamed of doing. 

4Reply
284 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 688 votes
9y
30000 = 900 lap dances
See this reply in the discussion

63 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 149 votes
    9y

    oops, I wrote buy real estate. If I was forced to not "invest" this money and do something "fun", I'd probably travel to see the northern lights, maybe alaska to go fishing, egypt, etc.

  • Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, AL · Member since 2016 · 179 posts · 188 votes
    9y
    Cocaine
  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2015 · 409 posts · 214 votes
    9y

    I would go for the xtreme rollercoaster safari

    every park, every rollercoaster in the world

    and buy motion sickness patches HA! HA! YEA!!!!

  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Mike Cumbie:

    Buy a seaworthy Sailboat for about 10K. Sail through the St Lawrence down the coast to the keys. Do some diving and Float around close to some island moving every couple days until the provisions and rum ran out. Sail back to the mainland and sell the boat off on a fire sale to pay for a cheap car, gas and a tent. Take a long slow road trip back stopping at all the sites and camping.

    Just my thoughts.

    @Mike Cumbie I'm not sure "seaworthy" and "for 10K" belong in the same sentence :) 

    In my case I would use the money for a downpayment on a nice catamaran and charter it in the Bahamas to pay for the rest of it...and the rum.

  • Realtor · Crete, IL · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    I would like to take my family to any Island that ends with an "i", Hawaii, Tahiti, or Figi. 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 25 votes
    9y

    @Chinmay J. I'm a huge baseball guy, used to play professionally - I love the idea! but man would that be an expensive trip lol

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    I would spend a few months in Chile: surfing in the morning, learning Spanish in the afternoon, and just relaxing in the evenings. Jay Hinrichs I'm slated to spend a few days in Istanbul in May, but I'm considering rerouting that leg of my trip due to safety concerns. I don't want to be an overly paranoid American, but I also don't want to put myself in a bad situation. Any perspective you can offer?
  • NYC, NY · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 22 votes
    9y
    Buy a small plot of land along the coast and build a self sustainable pad I could chill in while playing guitar, enjoying greens and chilling the f out.
  • Investor · Northern, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 904 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Seth Hobbs:

    @Chinmay J. I'm a huge baseball guy, used to play professionally - I love the idea! but man would that be an expensive trip lol

    Yeah it would be crazy expensive for sure. Bud Selig did it in his last year in office, before he handed the baton to Rob Manfred, but I am sure he had more resources at his disposal than the average guy...lol. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    I would drive in the Mongol Rally (cheap old car from London to Mongolia, unsupported) which might take a month and maybe $10k, but it's for sure top of my list. My father is a big cycling fan, so I'd fly him out to follow the Tour de France one year. Probably spend what's left on good stir-fry and a Saddleback briefcase.

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    In my "other" life, I'm a wildlife photographer.  I used to have a company that ran tours for wildlife photographers, some in the lower 48, but my favorite was Alaska and the arctic.

    So if I had cash to play with I'd start with a 3 week driving tour of Alaska, then go back to Kuujjuaq, Quebec, topped off with a visit to Bylot Island at the northern tip of Baffin Island and then to Quttinirpaaq National Park at the norther end of Ellesmere Island. 

    These are s few of my favorite bears...shot from a small boat with my Eskimo friend in Kaktovik, Alaska.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Garth McGinley  I have been to Instanbul many times. Its an awesome city.. but its huge 16 million people.. so chance of being in the wrong spot is quite remote. 

    Ephesus in my mind is a must do in Turkey.. the other thing we have done is you go further south and then to the east along the med and there are really cool beach towns. And we rented one of the Turkish boats with a capitan and crew .. that's a great way to see the area for 3 to 5 days.. water gin clear.. you can see Roman ruins below the water line.. ( sunk in earthquakes)  We like Turkey a lot. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 136 votes
    9y

    For my husband, travel to every major golf tournament for a year.... The Masters in Augusta, The US Open, The Open Championship in the UK, etc.

  • Investor · Campbell, CA · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 91 votes
    9y
    Fun Question but my answer would change every few months depend on what "Experience" I was most interested in exchanging the money for. I'm a Husband, Dad, & Grandfather and so I would have to pick depending on where I was in life. This is also the reason that I've invested in real estate because I'm planning to be able to splurge on creating these experiences with my family. Today - I would purchase tickets to the Golden State Warriors Finals. Go Dubs !!
  • Henderson, NV · Member since 2014 · 111 posts · 163 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    30000 = 900 lap dances

     You better allocate some money to pants.  900 lap dances generates a lot of wear and tear.  

  • Kyparissia, Messinia · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    I would buy an expensive bicycle, one of those fancy carbon frame ones.  The rest of the money would be added to what we have already and given to our two sons..... the oldest to buy a house in CA and the youngest as a wedding present to either invest in his own ventures or go towards paying the mortgage on his house.

  • Investor · Ellinwood, KS · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Play in the dirt: improve our pastureland and forest property-grade the sledding hill, fix pond and add a "creek", blaze trails, Clear a camping area and resting spots. Kill all ticks. Host gatherings large and small. Private and public fundraisers. 

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    9y

    I'm sure the common answer is to buy more real estate, but for the purposes of the post, I'll assume that you are asking based on having to "blow it".  I'd see how long it could get me for a vacation in the Maldives and go there until the money ran out!

  • Maspeth, NY · Member since 2016 · 75 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    I'd get two jet ski's and two 4-wheel atv's and just have fun in some lakes and some countryside trails.

  • Rental Property Investor · Douglas County, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Amber Rugan:

     Kill all ticks.  

     When you figure out how to do that share the details. PLEASE?

  • Contractor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    I'd blow half of it on skydiving in cool places that I haven't jumped at already and the other half would be taking some friends and family to Octoberfest.
  • Investor · Crawfordville, FL · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    I would use it for a down payment on a house or property near my children. 

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks for the Turkey perspective Jay Hinrichs I've gone from apprehensive to excited. Will have to save Ephesus and the coastal boat tour for another trip, but definitely adding that to the bucket list - sounds amazing!
  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 8 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Travel is the easy answer... down  payment on a trophy/pre-runner truck could be fun too...

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    do something to help Syrian refugees... giving is the best fun ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.