Anyone buying in Missouri

Most Popular Reply

Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 13 votes
3y

I own several SFH rentals in Kansas City and am a Broker/Realtor and own a property management company. Keeping it all in the family! My Investor clients are doing well here.

Besides the better than average cap rate, Kansas City is growing and has reasonable property management rates.  

I can answer any questions about specific neighborhoods in KC, tenant quality, etc.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I have friends that are doing good with vacation rentals in Branson, Missouri. You might want to check that area out. 

  • Rental Property Investor · White Plains, NY · Member since 2020 · 94 posts · 36 votes
    3y

    @David Ramirez thank you

  • Gary NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Branson, MO · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    3y
    Quote from @David Ramirez:

    I have friends that are doing good with vacation rentals in Branson, Missouri. You might want to check that area out. 


     Yes, if considering this market, be sure to connect with a local investor-agent to help. With interest rates where they're at right now, we're starting to notice the margins on deals not making sense, unless you're getting into the right asset. 

    Gary Nelson Real Estate, EXP Realty, LLC554 Reviews
  • Investor · USA · Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    I'm from St. Louis originally and now in Nashville.  I really like St. Louis suburbs like Kirkwood, Clayton, Ladue for multifamily.

    Open to Branson and Kansas City as well.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 95 posts · 119 votes
    3y

    @Joe Mathew I invest in Kansas City and help others invest in here as well. Cashflow is what brings a lot of people into the area, but there is a lot in the pipeline in terms of development and events (World Cup, NFL Draft etc).  More on this here https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    If you want to dig deeper in the area, I'm happy to help.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    We've been investing in Kansas City for 12 years now and done quite well. There are definitely some rough areas you need to be careful about though.

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Joe Mathew We've been active i Kansas City for 10 years. I'd be happy to help you if I can. Feel free to reach out.

  • Mackaylee BeachPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
    3y

    Kansas City has lots of potential for cash flow!

    I'd be happy to connect and share my experience with hundreds of out of state investors I have worked with.

  • Investor · USA · Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    great info everyone thanks!  I live in Nashville but am very interested in Multi-Family deals in KC.

    Class B/A

    light Value-Add

    Loan distressed

    75-150 units

    would love to chat and even fly to town to look around.

    thanks

    Brent 

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    I own several SFH rentals in Kansas City and am a Broker/Realtor and own a property management company. Keeping it all in the family! My Investor clients are doing well here.

    Besides the better than average cap rate, Kansas City is growing and has reasonable property management rates.  

    I can answer any questions about specific neighborhoods in KC, tenant quality, etc.

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Joe Mathew if you're interested in Kansas City, I'd be happy to share what we're doign there. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2019 · 236 posts · 107 votes
    3y

    Hi Joe,

    KC provides a wide variety of investment opportunities with its cultural city point and wide variety of standalone suburbs and (further out) rural farm communities. Lots of options for lots of different strategies.

    I also own 3 single families in Columbia MO, which is home to the University of Missouri. I am working on getting MLS access there as well *and working through a proxy investor-minded 'boots ion the ground' family member/realtor there.

    Contact me if you would like to go through my investor consultation process

  • Brian MillerPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 45 votes
    3y

    @Joe Mathew I'm from St. Louis and I invest here as do a lot of my clients from Nashville and the coasts. I'm familiar with the areas you mapped out and would be happy to discuss our market if you'd like some additional information? 

  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

    We've been investing in Kansas City for 12 years now and done quite well. There are definitely some rough areas you need to be careful about though.


     Any areas specifically that you suggest avoiding?

  • Investor · USA · Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mike D'Arrigo:

    @Joe Mathew if you're interested in Kansas City, I'd be happy to share what we're doign there. 


     Yes Please!

  • Investor · USA · Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brian Miller:

    @Joe Mathew I'm from St. Louis and I invest here as do a lot of my clients from Nashville and the coasts. I'm familiar with the areas you mapped out and would be happy to discuss our market if you'd like some additional information? 


     Awesome.  Hi Brian.  I'm in Nashville but from the St. Louis suburbs.  We would love to acquire multifamily in the Kirkwood/Clayton areas.

  • Investor · USA · Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Gary Nelson:
    Quote from @David Ramirez:

    I have friends that are doing good with vacation rentals in Branson, Missouri. You might want to check that area out. 


     Yes, if considering this market, be sure to connect with a local investor-agent to help. With interest rates where they're at right now, we're starting to notice the margins on deals not making sense, unless you're getting into the right asset. 


     Hi Gary...are there many large Multi-Family assets in Branson?

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brent Barcus:
    Quote from @Mike D'Arrigo:

    @Joe Mathew if you're interested in Kansas City, I'd be happy to share what we're doign there. 


     Yes Please!

    Hi Brent, I sent you a DM.


  • Alex BekezaBusiness Member
    Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    There are many attractive markets in Missouri but they can vary wildly from one another. Even within a city like STL there's a huge variance in neighborhoods. The way you look at deals in Clayton is absolutely nothing like a deal in South City. I invest in South City neighborhoods like Dutchtown/Carondelet. Great place to find cheaper BRRRR deals and Section 8 tenants. I have a lot of clients in KC, MO too which I find tends to offer better upside, newer construction, less cash flow, but better overall macroeconomics.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Josh Terranova:
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

    We've been investing in Kansas City for 12 years now and done quite well. There are definitely some rough areas you need to be careful about though.


     Any areas specifically that you suggest avoiding?


     This post is a good place to start: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Gary NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Branson, MO · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 93 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brent Barcus:

     Hi Gary...are there many large Multi-Family assets in Branson?

    Hi @Brent Barcus there are not many LARGE multi-family in this market. The most recent was a 64-unit complex for $6.4MM to have a proxy, but not many of those assets available here. Our market is very heavy tourists, so a lot of individually owned STR condos, but honestly I've personally have had more success in long-term rentals doing the BRRRR strategy with small multi-families and B-Class SFR's.

    Gary Nelson Real Estate, EXP Realty, LLC554 Reviews
  • Chris DawsonPro Member
    Real Estate Broker / General Contractor / Property Manager · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 395 posts · 425 votes
    3y

     @Joe Mathew inventory is still low here in Kansas City which is keeping prices higher than I would like to see.  SFRs and small multi family are the most abundant types.  Make sure you put together a good local team to help.  Missouri, and specifically the Kansas City area, is notorious for having fraudulent PM companies.  I'm sure everyone on this forum who has invested in KC can tell you at least one horror story about a PM company.

  • Steven MayBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 262 posts · 250 votes
    3y

    Buying and Selling all over the Kansas City metro - great market!

  • Virginia FranzeseBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 71 posts · 28 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Dawson:

     @Joe Mathew inventory is still low here in Kansas City which is keeping prices higher than I would like to see.  SFRs and small multi family are the most abundant types.  Make sure you put together a good local team to help.  Missouri, and specifically the Kansas City area, is notorious for having fraudulent PM companies.  I'm sure everyone on this forum who has invested in KC can tell you at least one horror story about a PM company.


     Truth about PM companies! I am thankful to have been recently introduced to a solid one. Message me for an introduction. Also, if you shoot me specs of what you are looking for in an investment property I can send you a market report.

  • Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Milton Chamberlain:

    Hi Joe,

    KC provides a wide variety of investment opportunities with its cultural city point and wide variety of standalone suburbs and (further out) rural farm communities. Lots of options for lots of different strategies.

    I also own 3 single families in Columbia MO, which is home to the University of Missouri. I am working on getting MLS access there as well *and working through a proxy investor-minded 'boots ion the ground' family member/realtor there.

    Contact me if you would like to go through my investor consultation process


    Hi Milton, as a land flipper in TX/AL how could I obtain access to the MLS in missouri markets? TIA

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.