WARNING - Justin Goodin is Operating as Goodin Development

WARNING - Justin Goodin is Operating as Goodin Development

Melanie P.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes

If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

"We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

"District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

12Reply
283 views

Most Popular Reply

Don KonipolBusiness Member
Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
1y

We have a saying in Texas that seems to apply to the subject of this thread


“Big hat, No cattle”.

Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Yes correct. And?

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.


     
    Melanie, I don't appreciate the constant false claims about me as a person or my company. I take slander very seriously. I sent this post (and many more) to my attorney today so he will be in touch soon. Have a great day.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Just saying there are people on BP who can vouge for you as Melanie is typically very negative towards anyone in the syndication / raising money space. 

    There is a very big difference in my point of view hearing from someone who knows someone first hand vs. someone who just goes and does some internet research. 

    The initial poster was pretty nasty and making a lot of inferences. For me, what was talked about above is nowhere near close enough for me to judge or provide an opinion on someone as just because someone changes their name (we have done it several times for different entities) or someone could be co-gp or LP in a deal but not in the limelight) does not immediately set off my radar of "omg this person is not legit or a scam artist". 

    For example - 7e does not own a thing, so a bank probably has no idea who 7e is. 

    Lastly more to my point - I thought you worked for a MF syndication in the past that I was not sure but wanted to mention and that you are not just someone coming off the street having never been involved in a deal (unlike a lot of others).  

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Just saying there are people on BP who can vouge for you as Melanie is typically very negative towards anyone in the syndication / raising money space. 

    There is a very big difference in my point of view hearing from someone who knows someone first hand vs. someone who just goes and does some internet research. 

    The initial poster was pretty nasty and making a lot of inferences. For me, what was talked about above is nowhere near close enough for me to judge or provide an opinion on someone as just because someone changes their name (we have done it several times for different entities) or someone could be co-gp or LP in a deal but not in the limelight) does not immediately set off my radar of "omg this person is not legit or a scam artist". 

    For example - 7e does not own a thing, so a bank probably has no idea who 7e is. 

    Lastly more to my point - I thought you worked for a MF syndication in the past that I was not sure but wanted to mention and that you are not just someone coming off the street having never been involved in a deal (unlike a lot of others).  

    Chris if one reads the thread were OP posted about 38 k reno on a apartment unit and others asked questions etc etc.. the OP got quite defensive and rude frankly.. Like calling @Stuart Udis out.. who I know for a fact is a very experienced developer and just happens to be an attorney..  Others asked simple question and just got rude snarky replys.. I suspect there could be some truth behind Melanies claims based on that thread.. We all know those that get on BP that are LPS and now own 5000 units or Co GP with no real ownership etc.. so those are legit questions to bad OP got so defensive and did not just answer the questions.

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Just saying there are people on BP who can vouge for you as Melanie is typically very negative towards anyone in the syndication / raising money space. 

    There is a very big difference in my point of view hearing from someone who knows someone first hand vs. someone who just goes and does some internet research. 

    The initial poster was pretty nasty and making a lot of inferences. For me, what was talked about above is nowhere near close enough for me to judge or provide an opinion on someone as just because someone changes their name (we have done it several times for different entities) or someone could be co-gp or LP in a deal but not in the limelight) does not immediately set off my radar of "omg this person is not legit or a scam artist". 

    For example - 7e does not own a thing, so a bank probably has no idea who 7e is. 

    Lastly more to my point - I thought you worked for a MF syndication in the past that I was not sure but wanted to mention and that you are not just someone coming off the street having never been involved in a deal (unlike a lot of others).  


    Yes! I agree with everything you just said and appreciate you saying that. I have yet to see one positive post from Melanie and she clearly has no idea what she is talking about. She lacks the understanding that there are multiple GP partners involved in larger sized deals. I have never once said I own any of these properties myself. She is obviously stalking my LinkedIn...does she not see when I tag the other GPs in the post?? Either way, I take it more as a compliment because I know she is jealous and being a coward behind a keyboard. My attorney will be finding her info soon. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Just saying there are people on BP who can vouge for you as Melanie is typically very negative towards anyone in the syndication / raising money space. 

    There is a very big difference in my point of view hearing from someone who knows someone first hand vs. someone who just goes and does some internet research. 

    The initial poster was pretty nasty and making a lot of inferences. For me, what was talked about above is nowhere near close enough for me to judge or provide an opinion on someone as just because someone changes their name (we have done it several times for different entities) or someone could be co-gp or LP in a deal but not in the limelight) does not immediately set off my radar of "omg this person is not legit or a scam artist". 

    For example - 7e does not own a thing, so a bank probably has no idea who 7e is. 

    Lastly more to my point - I thought you worked for a MF syndication in the past that I was not sure but wanted to mention and that you are not just someone coming off the street having never been involved in a deal (unlike a lot of others).  

    Chris if one reads the thread were OP posted about 38 k reno on a apartment unit and others asked questions etc etc.. the OP got quite defensive and rude frankly.. Like calling @Stuart Udis out.. who I know for a fact is a very experienced developer and just happens to be an attorney..  Others asked simple question and just got rude snarky replys.. I suspect there could be some truth behind Melanies claims based on that thread.. We all know those that get on BP that are LPS and now own 5000 units or Co GP with no real ownership etc.. so those are legit questions to bad OP got so defensive and did not just answer the questions.


     Just to be clear, I am not in anyones corner on this one, I recommend everyone always do their own due diligence as part of any deal. I would look into every and all claims about someone as well as reach out to his former colleagues (who are here on BP) - as part of my point was sometimes its easier to go straight to the horses mouth and see how they respond.  

    Funny you mention the whole GP / LP thing - I spoke to someone recently who claimed to have raised $10M+ for a fund and owned over 100 units. This person did not raise any money, they invested around $600,000 into the offering and because they were one of the larger investors were considered a Co-GP because it was a new sponsor and they needed this persons $. The total deal with debt was above $10M but the total equity in the deal was around $4M. 

    So this person went from raising $10M+ and owning 100+ units to really just being an investor.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Just saying there are people on BP who can vouge for you as Melanie is typically very negative towards anyone in the syndication / raising money space. 

    There is a very big difference in my point of view hearing from someone who knows someone first hand vs. someone who just goes and does some internet research. 

    The initial poster was pretty nasty and making a lot of inferences. For me, what was talked about above is nowhere near close enough for me to judge or provide an opinion on someone as just because someone changes their name (we have done it several times for different entities) or someone could be co-gp or LP in a deal but not in the limelight) does not immediately set off my radar of "omg this person is not legit or a scam artist". 

    For example - 7e does not own a thing, so a bank probably has no idea who 7e is. 

    Lastly more to my point - I thought you worked for a MF syndication in the past that I was not sure but wanted to mention and that you are not just someone coming off the street having never been involved in a deal (unlike a lot of others).  

    Chris if one reads the thread were OP posted about 38 k reno on a apartment unit and others asked questions etc etc.. the OP got quite defensive and rude frankly.. Like calling @Stuart Udis out.. who I know for a fact is a very experienced developer and just happens to be an attorney..  Others asked simple question and just got rude snarky replys.. I suspect there could be some truth behind Melanies claims based on that thread.. We all know those that get on BP that are LPS and now own 5000 units or Co GP with no real ownership etc.. so those are legit questions to bad OP got so defensive and did not just answer the questions.


     Just to be clear, I am not in anyones corner on this one, I recommend everyone always do their own due diligence as part of any deal. I would look into every and all claims about someone as well as reach out to his former colleagues (who are here on BP) - as part of my point was sometimes its easier to go straight to the horses mouth and see how they respond.  

    Funny you mention the whole GP / LP thing - I spoke to someone recently who claimed to have raised $10M+ for a fund and owned over 100 units. This person did not raise any money, they invested around $600,000 into the offering and because they were one of the larger investors were considered a Co-GP because it was a new sponsor and they needed this persons $. The total deal with debt was above $10M but the total equity in the deal was around $4M. 

    So this person went from raising $10M+ and owning 100+ units to really just being an investor.


    ya my point was the OP bedside manner.. and maybe he just got super defensive.. I remember when I first got on BP  Joe Gore claimed I had never done a loan or any RE deals  LOL.. I do like now though on our sig blocks we can put our website and then link to our projects but you know those could be fake to I could be faking all my projects.. :)
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

     @Jorge Abreu - He used to work for elevate did he not (I believe that is what it said online before he scrubbed his linkedin)?


     Just saying there are people on BP who can vouge for you as Melanie is typically very negative towards anyone in the syndication / raising money space. 

    There is a very big difference in my point of view hearing from someone who knows someone first hand vs. someone who just goes and does some internet research. 

    The initial poster was pretty nasty and making a lot of inferences. For me, what was talked about above is nowhere near close enough for me to judge or provide an opinion on someone as just because someone changes their name (we have done it several times for different entities) or someone could be co-gp or LP in a deal but not in the limelight) does not immediately set off my radar of "omg this person is not legit or a scam artist". 

    For example - 7e does not own a thing, so a bank probably has no idea who 7e is. 

    Lastly more to my point - I thought you worked for a MF syndication in the past that I was not sure but wanted to mention and that you are not just someone coming off the street having never been involved in a deal (unlike a lot of others).  

    Chris if one reads the thread were OP posted about 38 k reno on a apartment unit and others asked questions etc etc.. the OP got quite defensive and rude frankly.. Like calling @Stuart Udis out.. who I know for a fact is a very experienced developer and just happens to be an attorney..  Others asked simple question and just got rude snarky replys.. I suspect there could be some truth behind Melanies claims based on that thread.. We all know those that get on BP that are LPS and now own 5000 units or Co GP with no real ownership etc.. so those are legit questions to bad OP got so defensive and did not just answer the questions.


     Just to be clear, I am not in anyones corner on this one, I recommend everyone always do their own due diligence as part of any deal. I would look into every and all claims about someone as well as reach out to his former colleagues (who are here on BP) - as part of my point was sometimes its easier to go straight to the horses mouth and see how they respond.  

    Funny you mention the whole GP / LP thing - I spoke to someone recently who claimed to have raised $10M+ for a fund and owned over 100 units. This person did not raise any money, they invested around $600,000 into the offering and because they were one of the larger investors were considered a Co-GP because it was a new sponsor and they needed this persons $. The total deal with debt was above $10M but the total equity in the deal was around $4M. 

    So this person went from raising $10M+ and owning 100+ units to really just being an investor.


     Oh trust me, I know you’re not on my side 😅 But yes I agree with the points you mentioned. At least in that post above. Have a great day everyone!

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Chris Seveney & @Jay Hinrichs Together you raised a good topic of discussion which is the new age Co-GP. The team sport model is how many syndications operate. I was at a networking event over the summer and an attendee mentioned he Co-GP's apartment syndications and described his role as providing the escrow funds which I found to be comical. I understand credit enhancements and additional guarantors are sometimes required but to be unable to cover escrow funds and to give away deal ownership for that service is kind of crazy but back to the main point, the real issue is when the Co-GP is not truthful about their true role or embellishes their portfolio/ unit count. 

    That is what often happens with many of these Co-GP's and gets dangerous when they are relying on their embellished track record to raise money from others. Many misrepresent their true roles and just as bad are those who don't directly mislead but disclose their roles with vagueness which I believe is intended to mislead. 

    I believe the point of contention with many who were on the OP's case in the older thread was his unwillingness to disclose his role in the promoted projects in his BiggerPockets profile. It appears they have all been removed. I don't see a reason why anyone who promotes projects of theirs openly on the internet should have any difficulty disclosing their role but perhaps others have different views on this.

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    1y

    Hold on while I get my popcorn………..

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Justin Goodin:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

    Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

    "We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

    "District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

    If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

    I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.


     
    Melanie, I don't appreciate the constant false claims about me as a person or my company. I take slander very seriously. I sent this post (and many more) to my attorney today so he will be in touch soon. Have a great day.

     Justin - 

    I'm not the one making false claims, you are. In fact, the whole of my experience with you is that most of the things you say in connection with the "investments" you are peddling turn out to be lies. For example the first text on Goodin Development's web page says:

    "We build premium, market rate communities throughout Indiana and help busy professionals invest in real estate, without the hassle of having to analyze properties, manage tenants, or deal with any repairs."

    1) Where has Goodin Development built or are you building anything whatsoever? Can you show a single building permit from any time, ever, that indicates Goodin Development has ever completed or is working on a permitted project?

    2) You say "throughout Indiana." Where specifically in Indiana has anything been built? Does Goodin Development have offices or assets located anywhere else in Indiana other than where you live?

    3) You help people invest without the need for them to analyze the underlying properties? Please explain. Are you licensed to recommend investments (i.e. financial advisor, broker, dealer)? What qualifications do you believe you possess that would make you a good candidate to advise others on the quality, safety and performance of potential investments?

    4) What happened to Next Level Equities? How come shortly after questions were asked that you could not or would not answer the website disappeared from the Internet? Did you have any investors there at all? If you did, do they know how to reach you now?

    If what you're doing is so wonderfully pure and I'm just too stupid to understand your mastery of the industry why do you have to constantly lie, mischaracterize and misrepresent to raise money? Certainly even someone of your intellect must understand that if you're lying all day in order to promote investments that you do not have a sustainable business model. You make it so easy, you're so obvious, one need not travel further than the second sentence on your web page to find the first lie -- you may find yourself being accountable over silly practices and small dollars. Meanwhile, others who had boiler rooms, or several of you (money bundlers -  aka "fall guys") will emerge unscathed. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    Hold on while I get my popcorn………..


     We are gonna need a lot more popcorn.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    Hold on while I get my popcorn………..


     We are gonna need a lot more popcorn.


    ya I dont know who this guy Goodin is or why Melanie chose to single him out.. I think alleging fake it to you make it just hugely rampant in the MF syndication space..
  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    New age syndication Co-GP purchases shares of Microsoft stock and then announces to the world they are the owner of Microsoft. 

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    Interesting seeing this post and Justin's recent appearance on the Jonathan Greene podcast/YouTube video from a day ago.

    "Run a background check.  Ask them some questions about it.  If they are willing to lie about past deals..."

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Evan Polaski:

    Interesting seeing this post and Justin's recent appearance on the Jonathan Greene podcast/YouTube video from a day ago.

    "Run a background check.  Ask them some questions about it.  If they are willing to lie about past deals..."

    I've never lied about any past deals. I have absolutely no reason to lol. It's a little funny these comments are coming from people who have 0 real estate experience, other than raising capital for operators and fix and flips... 

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    1y

    @Justin Goodin One question Melanie brought up that I'm confused on is about your ownership of One18 Place, as claimed here: 

    https://web.archive.org/web/20240528134524/https://nextlevel...

    I unfortunately had to go look this up in the Web Archives, because it appears that your previous site, www.nextlevelequity.com, is no longer active. Did you take down your previous site and rebrand? 

    Anyways, as you can see from the page in the web archives, the "Portfolio" tab of Nextlevelequity.com, as of July 2024, presents in such a way that I at least (and I think I am a reasonable person) walked away thinking that you are the underwriter/owner/operator of the asset known as "One18 Place" - described as a 236 unit apartment complex.

    Melanie asked you some questions in a forum post (actually, many forum posts) about whether you were the owner of One18 Place, and, in response, instead of saying "Yes, of course - I wouldn't list a property on my website's 'portfolio' tab unless I did, in fact, own and operate it!" you refused to answer her and sent me a private message where you asked me to take down her posts. 

    When I DM'd you, asking if you would put my mind at rest by simply confirming you own the asset, your response was, "I don't owe her a response about anything on my website nor do I have to prove anything lol". 

    Following this exchange, and after a few more callouts from Melanie, you appear to have downgraded your account on BiggerPockets, and gone inactive coming back only recently to respond to Melanie's post here. 

    I do, however, see you regularly posting regularly on LinkedIn, in a similar fashion to your posts last year here on BiggerPockets.

    Normally, this would be an issue that I'd move on from and not waste my time on. What do I care if someone owns a property they post to their website or not?

    The issue in this case, however, is that you've posted to this forum 1,000+ times, clearly with the intent to raise money. I can only imagine that you've been successful at that. 

    I was honestly shocked and horrified when you didn't just say something like "Yeah, Scott, I own the frigging building - I raised the capital, formed the entity, am responsible for operations, and plan to deliver the best investor experience (and great returns) that I am capable of for the investors who I've partnered with." Your response was a first for me in over 10 years here at BiggerPockets! 

    I obviously have no way of verifying whether you own the asset or not, but find it odd that you'd throw away years of attempts at building your reputation and leave BiggerPockets rather than simply shut Melanie up by stating that you own the thing. 

    Anyways, I'll be following this and the other threads. Perhaps one day, I will come to understand your business model, whether with NextLevelEquity.com, or Goodin Development. I admit that I'm curious.

    However, I'm certainly not curious enough to give you any of my money. 

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    1y

    Finished up one bag of popcorn, reaching for the second….

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Scott Trench:
    Scott,
    Thank you for noting that you will not be investing in my company. Can't say I care, but thanks for letting me know.

    "I unfortunately had to go look this up in the Web Archives, because it appears that your previous site, www.nextlevelequity.com, is no longer active. Did you take down your previous site and rebrand?"
    - Is that not already extremely obvious? Yes, I rebranded my company to focus on a different business plan. It's impressive that you were able to figure that out. 

    "Melanie asked you some questions in a forum post (actually, many forum posts) about whether you were the owner of One18 Place, and, in response, instead of saying "Yes, of course - I wouldn't list a property on my website's 'portfolio' tab unless I did, in fact, own and operate it!" you refused to answer her and sent me a private message where you asked me to take down her posts."
    - I don't owe you or a self proclaimed "*****" any explanation. But as I already stated, I'm a GP in One18 Place. It's pretty simple to understand but let me know if you need that explained further. 

    I'm not the only one who has stopped posting on these forums. Or stopped using BP altogether. It's a site that is increasingly becoming more obsolete as each day passes. Partly because of allowing keyboard warriors to post slander in the forums. This was a great site many years ago, but has quickly become a very irrelevant site in the world of real estate.


    If you need clarity on anything I said, I would be happy to discuss further on a call. Just let me know. 

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    1y

    @Justin Goodin - That's what I thought. Thanks. I wish you the best of luck building your business on another platform. 

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Scott Trench:

    @Justin Goodin - That's what I thought. Thanks. I wish you the best of luck building your business on another platform. 


     You're very welcome!

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    1y

    We have a saying in Texas that seems to apply to the subject of this thread


    “Big hat, No cattle”.

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    We have a saying in Texas that seems to apply to the subject of this thread


    “Big hat, No cattle”.

    .

    Classic response @Don Konipol 
    What a great missed opportunity to promote his project, but sadly unrealized.

    And for those of you out there in T.V. land, there are many ways to verify Everything in the good ole' U.S.A. It' s frankly not that hard, if  you truly want to. But, I suggest you start off with www.RipOffReport.com to see if there is anything obvious to avoid. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    Finished up one bag of popcorn, reaching for the second….

    need a bigger bag.
    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.