Votes
Aryelle Collins
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Finding Funding for My 1st Duplex

Aryelle Collins
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 27 2016, 13:59

I believe I have found my first deal but now I need help finding the money to pay for it before someone else gets it. Its a duplex in Tampa and the buyer is asking for 37k and its worth 72k. He said it needs about 20k done in repairs but both units are currently occupied. This property is in a really good neighborhood in Tampa and if I can purchase this property I would owner occupy the studio ($400 rent) and rent out the 1/1 ($600 rent). I've spent most of my day calling many community banks in Tampa  trying to get a mortgage for this property. Most banks said the price was to low to give a loan out on and others said they couldn't give me a loan because the mortgage company would require the repairs be fixed before the loan would be given. I'm waiting on a few calls back from the other mortgage lenders , and I am also waiting to hear back from the buyer on what kind of repairs need to be done- either major or cosmetic work (which is what one of the mortgage lenders inquired about). I have not put the property under contract yet because I don't know if I will be able to acquire the funds for it, but what if I do all this work to find funding and someone ends up buying the property? What should I do, I really think this property is for me and its just the price I can afford to put at leaste 10% down on!?

Loading replies...