Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Cox
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
One thing you do each day to grow your investor network?

Ryan Cox
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jan 10 2018, 09:09

The Capital Raising Checklist

Thank you to everyone who chimed in on the previous thread to discuss their best piece of advice on raising capital.  As I look over the list, I am reminded that doing these things well and consistently over time is the best recipe to continue to grow my investor network.

Follow up questions:

What is the one thing you do each day to grow your investor network?

What is the one thing you do each week to grow your investor network?

I aggregated the excellent responses from Omar KhanJuan VargasBruce PetersenBrian AdamsGino BarbaroDave Van HornTodd DexheimerBrian Burke

I really appreciate everyone’s insights and wisdom.Thank you again for sharing!

Capital Raising Checklist:

1. Be trustworthy and credible.Be honest and ethical.

2.  Have a great deal and know your deal inside and out

3.  Put yourself in a position to connect and develop relationships with investors on a regular basis, i.e. REIAs, meetups & networking events.  Start with your inner circle and work you way out.

4.  Be patient.  Look for opportunities to add value to your investor community and think long term.

5.  Communication is critical!  Provide consistent and timely communication and follow through on your commitments.

6.  Always be raising capital.  Have a plan that you can execute each week to consistently connect with investors.

7.  Share your story and why investors should invest with you…put away the PowerPoint, you can send/leave behind ppt’s and other information for investors to review.

8.  Be upfront and set realistic expectations with your investors. (see, be trustworthy and credible #1)

9.  Give the best reporting in the industry & speak to your track record. (See, communication is critical #5)

10. Stop thinking of this as a real estate business!  You are competing against other financial services, i.e. stocks & REITs, align yourself with the professional legal and accounting counsel.

Loading replies...