81-unit Multifamily Portfolio in Tampa Under Contract!

81-unit Multifamily Portfolio in Tampa Under Contract!

Ismael ReyesPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Port St. Lucie · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 96 votes

After quite a bit of looking, my partners and I finally have a great multifamily deal under contract in Tampa, FL!

Now the fun begins...raising capital, due diligence, and financing, among other things.  After passively investing in several multifamily syndications and learning the ropes, I am looking forward to being on the GP side of a Real Estate Syndication.  I will keep those that are interested posted on this journey.  

44Reply
148 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
7y

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking a few questions: 

  • What is the name of the deal and what part of Tampa is it located in? 
  • Is it off-market or through a broker (if through a broker, which one)? 
  • Who is the management company? 
  • What sort of debt did you secure?
See this reply in the discussion

67 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Johnson City TN · Member since 2016 · 386 posts · 271 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes - Congratulations.  That's a big step to growing your business.

  • Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    Wow thats awesome! Would love to hear updates as you go along. 

  • Ismael ReyesPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Port St. Lucie · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 96 votes
    7y

    Will do, and thanks for encouragement.  I forgot to mention that thankfully, we're more than halfway through our ~2M capital raise thanks to some existing relationships with accredited investors.  The key to any of this are the partnerships...with your other GPs, brokers, property management, CPAs, and attorneys...this is very much a team sport, and the best way to play is for all sides to win.

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    Congrats @Ismael Reyes! I would like to hear how the deal works out for you and your team. I am in the beginning phases of stepping into the multi-family world! I've got my eye on a apartment complex around the corner from me that I want! Look forward to hearing about your journey!

  • Ismael ReyesPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Port St. Lucie · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 96 votes
    7y

    Will do @Nicholas Reyes!  Good luck.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mentor, OH · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes

    Congratulations!

  • Ismael ReyesPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Port St. Lucie · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 96 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Erick Miller!

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes that’s awesome best of look . Looking forward to here about the progress

  • Rental Property Investor · Depends on where my employer sends me · Member since 2018 · 171 posts · 142 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes Congrats! I’m curious how many deals did you passively invest in before you sponsored this deal?

  • Ismael ReyesPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Port St. Lucie · Member since 2013 · 138 posts · 96 votes
    7y

    Two.  However, I am a Co-GP on this deal, not the sponsor.  That's the beauty of multifamily/commercial.  There are multiple ways to become involved.

  • Rental Property Investor · Teaneck, NJ · Member since 2016 · 567 posts · 291 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes Congrats on the deal!

  • Ed BaronePro Member
    Saratoga Springs, NY · Member since 2018 · 109 posts · 56 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes. Congratulations!😁

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 479 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes Congrats!

  • Real Estate Agent · Luray, VA · Member since 2016 · 459 posts · 293 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes

    Congrats on the deal!  Would love to hear more about it and hope to catch up soon!

  • Charles SoperPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2015 · 253 posts · 178 votes
    7y

    Congrats @Ismael Reyes, will be following this with much interest!

  • Real Estate Investor · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 52 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes Congrats! Sounds like there are still a few good deals out there if you look in the right places.

    Good luck with the project.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 45 votes
    7y

    I'm getting into my first LP very soon. I'm curious why you are wanting to switch from LP to GP.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mount Dora, FL · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 35 votes
    7y

    Congrats! I'm currently invested in SFR's and one MFR. In due time, I plan to move out of the small stuff and get into bigger deals like yourself. I'm curious though, generally, how is everyone finding these bigger deals?

  • Investor · Lafayette, CO · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 16 votes
    7y

    Congrats on your first GP deal!. We are looking closely in CO for our first 5-15 unit property and also about to make our first LP investment. Taking a GP position in a few yrs could be a good move. I look forward to hearing more about your journey and the current GP investment...Cheers!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2018 · 35 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    Congratulations!  That's a big step!  Looking forward to hearing how it goes.  Take care of your team and they will take care of you!  

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 38 votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes Congrats! I cannot tell you how excited I get when I see people's hard work pays off. 

    You are an inspiration to all aspiring operators. As you can see, there are a lot of people in the forum eager to learn the granular details surrounding how the deal was put together, structure on the GP-side and everything else in between. The is a huge opportunity for you and your team to scale quickly by creating transparent content. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but you know when the first domino falls, the others begin to fall a little faster. Buckle up and enjoy the ride! 

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Ismael Reyes awesome! Where in Tampa is this located?

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 969 votes
    7y

    Congrats! If you don't mind me asking a few questions: 

    • What is the name of the deal and what part of Tampa is it located in? 
    • Is it off-market or through a broker (if through a broker, which one)? 
    • Who is the management company? 
    • What sort of debt did you secure?
  • Lanham Maryland / Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Congratulations! 

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    7y

    Congratulations on your accomplishment! Thats very exciting! Keep us posted.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.