Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Investment network groups

Posted Oct 29 2022, 10:11

ISO real estate investor network groups in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota or Bradenton. I'm a Licensed Realtor looking to buy my first short-term rental property and seeking knowledge from those with experience, as well as, reliable professionals in Insurance, Mortgage, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied Oct 29 2022, 11:37
Hi Danella,
Welcome to BP. I own a unit in a condo-hotel in Treasure Island. I have a local property manager. I use the property myself for 4-8 weeks a year and rent out the rest with VRBO. Condo-assn fees are expensive and I'm sure insurance will be going up. It is making money, but not a huge amount. I love having the place to visit but don't look at it as a performing investment.

User Stats

Votes
Khaled Morad
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 29 2022, 12:33
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:
Hi Danella,
Welcome to BP. I own a unit in a condo-hotel in Treasure Island. I have a local property manager. I use the property myself for 4-8 weeks a year and rent out the rest with VRBO. Condo-assn fees are expensive and I'm sure insurance will be going up. It is making money, but not a huge amount. I love having the place to visit but don't look at it as a performing investment.

I passed up on an awesome condotel unit on treasure island 1.5 years ago :( How close are you to the beach? The one I passed on was right on the beach.

@Danella Swanson Munoz I host a local meetup once a month. You should join us. All sorts of investors come. It’s a great time and place to network: search Tampa Bay Free RE meetup  next one is Nov 16. 6pm at cigar city brewing.

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Follow a few simple steps to view a practice deal.
Step 1 | Find a market
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
See Practice Deals

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Oct 29 2022, 18:53

Hi @Danella Swanson Munoz, I suggest reaching out to @Josh Green. He's currently assisting a client of mine with purchasing a STR as we speak! He is a wealth of knowledge.

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied Nov 4 2022, 11:24
Quote from @Khaled Morad:
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:
Hi Danella,

I passed up on an awesome condotel unit on treasure island 1.5 years ago :( How close are you to the beach? The one I passed on was right on the beach.

@Danella Swanson Munoz I host a local meetup once a month. You should join us. All sorts of investors come. It’s a great time and place to network: search Tampa Bay Free RE meetup  next one is Nov 16. 6pm at cigar city brewing.

It's on the bay. The condo has 3 docks, which are really nice. I have to cross the road to get to the beach. The road is unfortunate, but the walk is easy. 

User Stats

Votes
Carolyn Yates
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Jan 9 2023, 17:06

Here is some information on the real estate investment group in Sarasota. Sarasota REIA I am glad to share my knowledge of the STR market as well. Feel free to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Lyndsay Zwirlein
  • Lender
Votes |
Quote from @Danella Swanson Munoz:

ISO real estate investor network groups in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota or Bradenton. I'm a Licensed Realtor looking to buy my first short-term rental property and seeking knowledge from those with experience, as well as, reliable professionals in Insurance, Mortgage, etc. 

Hey Danella! Would love to connect! From a lender/mortgage perspective, I've helped clients purchase STRs in most of these markets. Also I'll be living down in the Orlando area in Jan/Feb this year, so would love to connect if you're still looking! 

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jan 10 2023, 06:45

Welcome @Danella Swanson Munoz

I'm based in Orlando, but you can check out the TBREIA and the Tampa REIA. We invest and finance a lot of deals in the Tampa Metro, so happy to help provide some insights or guidance where I can. Best of luck!