Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Brenton Arriaga
Votes |
I have $$ I want to take out of the stock market, but what do I do with it?

Brenton Arriaga
Posted Mar 31 2023, 18:23

I am younger, 27, and had some money invested in the stock markets... approx $20k...

I have been wanting to take it out of the stock market, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. I want to now take it out and invest in assets.

My question is what asset class & location should I invest in?

Or rather, what would you do with $20k right now if I gave it to you??

User Stats

Votes
Michael Paling
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gwinn, MI
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gwinn, MI
Replied Mar 31 2023, 18:36

What we would do may be different than what you would do based on our goals and how they differ. Why do you want to invest in real estate? That's where I would start. 

A lot of people are probably going to say look into house hacking. This is where I started, and I'm currently looking for my next house hack. To give an idea of what my goals have been.... My first goal was to just reduce or eliminate my housing cost (rent/mortgage). My tenant now covers 100% of PITI in my house hack. My next long term goal is to have enough rental income to cover my mortgage on my forever home, and then to be financially free.

Give us a little more info and we can probably provide more valuable insight for your situation. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 1 2023, 09:08

@Brenton Arriaga

You looking to be active or passive?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Davidson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied Apr 1 2023, 09:42

@Brenton Arriaga I would come up with a plan before moving money. 20k is enough to do something but also not enough to make many mistakes. What kind of returns are you getting, what will your tax consequences look like.