• Irvine, CA
Votes |
how to verify applicant's credit if they are relocated from outside of US

Dong Yan
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Posted May 2 2023, 11:08

Hello Gurus,

I am listing my house for rent, there are a couple of applications I received are all from relocating into US therefore the applicants have no us credit reports and background check ,in us landlord reference. However all of those applicants provide the relocation letter from their company and their pay stub in the countries they lived in along with their bank statement which is in foreign countries as well.

what information shall I request for the applicants who don't have US credit report and US bank account?

In addition, one of the applicant, the rent will be covered by their company what shall I request from their company?

Thank you in advance!

Stella

User Stats

Votes
Caroline Gerardo
  • Lender
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
Replied May 2 2023, 11:17

Foreign National with a job in the US for an international company? You need the contract and the US work permit. Department of State approves these and it takes time. There are about ten types read here and follow links  https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states#:~:text=If%20you%20live%20outside%20the,Visa%20page%20for%20more%20information.

Ask for bank statements past three months - income from job should be deposited and easy to verify. If not, pass.

Translate the language and dollar amounts on google or hire someone to do this.

They need a pile more of money as if they lose the job they must return to home country in 90 days or less.

I would ask that they show a year's rent in a savings account (translate) and deposit of three months rent.

User Stats

Votes
Dong Yan
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Replied May 2 2023, 11:45
got it thank you so much! the company will pay for them , at least for one applicant shall I ask the company pay three months deposit ?
Host Financial  logo
Host Financial
|
Sponsored
15% Down DSCR Loans 80% Cash Outs Mention BPFORUM500 at Quoting to Wave $500 Processing Fee