rei accelerator program

rei accelerator program

Joshua D.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 712 posts · 173 votes

I've been investing in real estate for 10 years and have purchased and rented 50 sfh's and duplexes. I looked into a program that is called the rei accelerator and they said they will guarantee me a deal of a 60+ unit apartment building in the next 4 months and i will get to a closing table and generate $20,000 a month off my first deal with working with them. My cost they said i could do $2,000 up front and then next couple months more payments with cold calling they offer and fee would be $9,800 plus the cold callers Virtual assisant that would be working with me. This money would change my life but i have a hard time believing this. I of course would need to look for the deals and do letter of intents on properties and find them and they would come with me to the closing table pulling out equity and then getting the cashflow. That is alot of money to put out. Could this really work out? I feel its a bs sells pitch right? Any advice would be helpful?

0Reply
1,235 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2023 · 1 post · 11 votes
2y

Hey @Joshua D. I joined the REI Accelerator program in May. I'm full-time military and only had about 3-5 hrs a week to give the program. My experience was mostly doing SFH/Duplex/Triplex etc. and had experience in larger multifam. My experience was just as they described. I went from 10 units in May to 70+ currently. I picked up my first syndication using their methodology. I can't say enough about the support I received and the quality of the mentors. I'm not in any way paid by them but I sing their praises all the time. It's been life changing.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 712 posts · 173 votes
    3y

    bump

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    sounds too good to be true!

  • San Antonio TX via Roseville, CA · Member since 2018 · 64 posts · 35 votes
    3y

    @Joshua D. - I have talked to them as well. Actually I talked to 6 different multi family mastermind groups. I don't know if theirs is too good to be true and actually I think the fact that they have the VA system set up to work on leads for you is a huge plus. Would love to hear if you ended up giving them a shot.

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joshua D.:

    bump

     and @Chris Bodden

    I am very interested in one of this apartment buying mentorships also. The problem is there are so many to choose from. 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 11 votes
    2y

    Hey @Joshua D. I joined the REI Accelerator program in May. I'm full-time military and only had about 3-5 hrs a week to give the program. My experience was mostly doing SFH/Duplex/Triplex etc. and had experience in larger multifam. My experience was just as they described. I went from 10 units in May to 70+ currently. I picked up my first syndication using their methodology. I can't say enough about the support I received and the quality of the mentors. I'm not in any way paid by them but I sing their praises all the time. It's been life changing.

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 907 votes
    2y

    Tons of great mentor programs out there! The guarantee in 4 months seems a little off but I like the VA support system you mentioned. Deal flow is tough right now, so I would aim more at 6-12 months to close your first syndication deal. That being said, I'm always an advocate for paying for mentorship to fast track your goals.

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 101 votes
    2y

    @Stephen Totter, thanks for jumping on and conveying your experience! It was a pleasure meeting you at the Mastermind in Columbus a few weeks ago. As you know, I was so impressed by the quality of the offering that I decided to join as well and have been on a couple of group calls.

    I'm the Director of Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions for Southcorp Group in Columbus, Georgia. My daily job is to buy commercial real estate. I was a CRE broker for over 15 years and an investor before and during that time. I'm honored to teach workshops and webinars at REI Accelerator and I've gotten to know the coaches and leaders there and I can say they are absolutely trying to provide value far beyond the cost of the program.

    REI Accelerator is focused on results, not hype, or emotion, or upselling this seminar or that seminar. The coaches help you level up and scale from where you are now to where you want to be; not because they're perfect and have everything figured out, but because they are a little further on the path and have a systematized method for growing your business.

    But I will say it's not a good fit for everyone. People who don't want to put in the work to find deals and network aren't a good fit. But for the people who are motivated and want to get deals done and build the community and level up together, it can be a godsend. 

    To protect this community, they are selective about the people bring in because we all want connect with people who are motivated, committed to the process, and excited about being part of a real estate investing community.

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 101 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brock Mogensen:

    Tons of great mentor programs out there! The guarantee in 4 months seems a little off but I like the VA support system you mentioned. Deal flow is tough right now, so I would aim more at 6-12 months to close your first syndication deal. That being said, I'm always an advocate for paying for mentorship to fast track your goals.


     I agree, I think it's contextual depending on someone's starting point. Starting from zero, 6-12 months for a first syndicated deal would be awesome. 

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 101 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tim L.:
    Quote from @Joshua D.:

    bump

     and @Chris Bodden

    I am very interested in one of this apartment buying mentorships also. The problem is there are so many to choose from. 


    I agree - too many! I've worked with several. A few questions to ask: 

    1. What is your refund policy? 

    2. What are your guarantees? 

    3. When was the last time my coach/mentor/instructor personally closed a deal? 

    These days, it seems like people are coaches/mentors who used to flip houses and haven't actually done a deal in ten years, if ever. They're making so much money selling coaching they just do that full time. They just plug you into the conveyor belt of webinars and canned training that doesn't take them any time to create, but also isn't tailored to your specific situation. 

    Hope that helps!

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Why can't you merely network with real estate brokers and find a 60-unit apartment deal? It doesn't seem this "accelerator program" is offering anything of true value and quite frankly I am surprised someone such as yourself who has 10 years of experience and owns 50 properties would fall for a gimmick.

  • Full time investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 405 posts · 312 votes
    2y

    $20k/month in profit?  I would send 10 people into this program.  I have a non-residential commercial mastermind and the fee started at $2500 in season 1.  That fee went up to $20k in Season 4.  It is a six month mastermind but then we continually meet every Tuesday forever.  I limited each season to 20 people.  I could never guarantee that every student would find a deal but we have so many success stories and people have switched from investing in MF, MHP, Storage to office, retail, medical, industrial etc.   We have all the resources and an incredible network yet we will still have students who will not put the effort into find a commercial deal.  My point here is I don't know how they guarantee a deal but that is an interesting proposition.  

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 101 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Stuart Udis:

    Why can't you merely network with real estate brokers and find a 60-unit apartment deal? It doesn't seem this "accelerator program" is offering anything of true value and quite frankly I am surprised someone such as yourself who has 10 years of experience and owns 50 properties would fall for a gimmick.



    I've had friends and family swindled by the gurus and seminars out there (I've been duped myself before) so I can understand the cynicism, but not every community is just a gimmick. To say this community has no value is quite a negative judgment to make without sufficient information to make it. 

    I wholeheartedly agree there are a lot of (too many) "gurus" hocking seminars and workshops and taking advantage of inexperienced, aspiring investors so they can sell more seminars and workshops and swindle more people. Most of these gurus haven't really invested in years, or they pay someone else to do it while they specialize in being a social media influencer and motivational speaker, so I share that frustration. But, a mastermind community can have tremendous value when structured well.

    I also agree that networking with brokers is useful, I was a broker for 15 years, but the choice isn't between networking with brokers or joining a mastermind to network with investors. I recommend doing both. Our community is actively identifying and investing in off-market deals, sharing the cost of virtual assistants and direct mail, sponsoring deals, investing our own capital, and having multiple group calls and webinars every week with institutional analysts, real estate and SEC attorneys, regional banks, private lenders, and other experts specifically to discuss and analyze deals within the community.

    Our philosophy is that when we create shared success, we all grow together. We focus on each individual's goal and provide resources to help them get there. We aren't trying to get them to invest in our deal, we aren't upselling useless seminars, and we aren't trying to become a massive sized group. We are full-time investors ourselves (I'm Director of Acquisitions for a private equity firm); and our income comes from our investments. The Mastermind is a fraction of the cost of most seminars and really just covers the cost of the experts we hire to serve the community. We turn away more people than we accept and if people do join and don't find value in our community, they are free to leave and we offer refunds.

    A community isn't a gimmick, it's an opportunity for the right people to level up quicker than they would on their own and avoid the mistakes others in the community had to learn the hard way. The lone ranger approach works for some people, and I'm certainly not saying this is the only way or the "right way" to success, but for me and others in the community, it has been valuable and rewarding. In fact, I would say seeing someone else get their first multifamily deal brings me greater joy these days than getting my own. 

    That said, your comment is appreciated because I think everyone should approach every mastermind, every seminar, every workshop, every program, and every supposed "guru," with a very healthy dose of cynicism. There are a lot of snakes in this industry, so I respect your discretion.
  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 101 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ash Patel:

    $20k/month in profit?  I would send 10 people into this program.  I have a non-residential commercial mastermind and the fee started at $2500 in season 1.  That fee went up to $20k in Season 4.  It is a six month mastermind but then we continually meet every Tuesday forever.  I limited each season to 20 people.  I could never guarantee that every student would find a deal but we have so many success stories and people have switched from investing in MF, MHP, Storage to office, retail, medical, industrial etc.   We have all the resources and an incredible network yet we will still have students who will not put the effort into find a commercial deal.  My point here is I don't know how they guarantee a deal but that is an interesting proposition.  

    Sounds like you've got a great mastermind! Our models are similar and I agree, sometimes people don't put in the effort. For us to guarantee a deal, it is contingent on them making reasonable effort (3-5 hours/week consistently, for example). That's why we don't accept every applicant. If we get the impression they aren't committed or if they are looking for a "get rich quick" scheme, we typically don't accept them in the community. 

    Our founding members being in the industry for so many years helps. This has resulted in a large sized network of brokers, institutions, lenders, etc. Also, our virtual assistant service and their activities and processes we've perfected over the years creates a pretty massive pipeline of incoming deals. 

    We do guarantee members will have the opportunity to buy a deal that fits their parameters if they put in the work. Most of the time, people who have never even made an offer end up with 2-3 submitted LOIs in the first 1-2 weeks, and we celebrate small victories like that to build momentum and confidence. 

  • Full time investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 405 posts · 312 votes
    2y

    @JD Gunter I agree and should add that I spend 2-10 hours on the phone/zoom with each applicant before I let them into the program.  They need to be the right fit for the group.  They also need adequate RE experience, this is not a beginner program.  I also agree that there have been so many syndicators who's deals have dried up and they have resorted to teaching/mastermind as a source of income.  I spent 10+ years taking down deals and mentoring people before I formalized it.  Please be skeptical before spending your hard earned money on programs and ask for a many references.  Happy New Year Everyone!

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Joshua D.:

    I've been investing in real estate for 10 years and have purchased and rented 50 sfh's and duplexes. I looked into a program that is called the rei accelerator and they said they will guarantee me a deal of a 60+ unit apartment building in the next 4 months and i will get to a closing table and generate $20,000 a month off my first deal with working with them. My cost they said i could do $2,000 up front and then next couple months more payments with cold calling they offer and fee would be $9,800 plus the cold callers Virtual assisant that would be working with me. This money would change my life but i have a hard time believing this. I of course would need to look for the deals and do letter of intents on properties and find them and they would come with me to the closing table pulling out equity and then getting the cashflow. That is alot of money to put out. Could this really work out? I feel its a bs sells pitch right? Any advice would be helpful?


     Joshua, did you decide to join them and if yes, would you please your experience? Thank you!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Manassas Park, VA · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 19 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Stephen Totter:

    Hey @Joshua D. I joined the REI Accelerator program in May. I'm full-time military and only had about 3-5 hrs a week to give the program. My experience was mostly doing SFH/Duplex/Triplex etc. and had experience in larger multifam. My experience was just as they described. I went from 10 units in May to 70+ currently. I picked up my first syndication using their methodology. I can't say enough about the support I received and the quality of the mentors. I'm not in any way paid by them but I sing their praises all the time. It's been life changing.

    Thank you for your service and congrats 👏 on your first syndication.

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Joshua, did u join REI Accelerator, if so can u please share your experience? I also have talked with this company but I feel they are not telling me the whole story, makes me leery of this business. Also do they teach u how to manage the managers who will be managing your multifamily?? Thank u, Tura

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Stephen Totter:

    Hey @Joshua D. I joined the REI Accelerator program in May. I'm full-time military and only had about 3-5 hrs a week to give the program. My experience was mostly doing SFH/Duplex/Triplex etc. and had experience in larger multifam. My experience was just as they described. I went from 10 units in May to 70+ currently. I picked up my first syndication using their methodology. I can't say enough about the support I received and the quality of the mentors. I'm not in any way paid by them but I sing their praises all the time. It's been life changing.


  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi, do u have to be pretty good at math to be able to understand and keep up with this program REI accelerator? lived in Ocala few yrs ago. Please respond back

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Bumping - interested in collaboration on various real estate verticals 

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3mo

    As a corporate leader with an advanced finance background, a PMP certification, and a licensed real estate broker, I approach business investments with a focus on risk mitigation, service level agreements (SLAs), and operational transparency. I am writing this review to warn other serious professionals, institutional operators, and disciplined investors about the massive disconnect between this company's high-pressure sales promises and their actual legal willingness to stand behind their fulfillment model.

    During the sales process, the company relies heavily on impressive video testimonials, promises of dedicated daytime Virtual Assistants (VAs), and bold verbal claims—specifically, a guarantee that you will "double your investment" within 6 months or they will continue working with you for free.

    However, the moment you request that these verbal assurances be codified into a standard, mutually binding corporate addendum, the entire process breaks down.

    When I presented a professionally structured delivery schedule and service level addendum to align their verbal pitches with the contract, their team went completely silent. I didn't ask for a discount; I agreed to their full $19,300.00 contract price. I simply required standard operational accountability:

    1. Defined Support Cadence: Ensuring that their "lifetime coaching extension" actually guaranteed the continuation of 1-on-1 evening coaching and active daytime VA management, rather than dropping me into a passive, unmanaged Slack channel.
    2. Fair Operational Benchmarks: Calibrating my weekly outbound requirements proportionally if the daytime VA they manage failed to consistently deliver the targeted number of pre-vetted leads.
    3. Reasonable Billing Protections: Pacing the $19,300 cost over 12 monthly installments to align with standard corporate cash flow, while striking out predatory clauses that make the entire annual balance automatically accelerated and instantly due if a single monthly billing hiccup occurs.

    The company went completely silent for over a week the second they were asked to legally sign off on the very service standards they confidently brag about over the phone.

    The Bottom Line: This program's business model appears built to capitalize on passive retail buyers who sign one-sided, predatory contracts without reading the fine print. If they are completely unwilling to provide basic contractual protections or match their operational delivery to a client's professional schedule, they do not possess the backend infrastructure or the institutional integrity they claim.

    Save your $19,300. As a licensed professional, I can tell you that you can build your own proprietary data sourcing engine, skip-tracing pipelines, and dedicated offshore VA campaigns independently for a fraction of their startup cost. Avoid this program; their silence under basic professional scrutiny tells you everything you need to know about what happens after you give them your money.

    • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      2mo
      Quote from @James Poole:

      As a corporate leader with an advanced finance background, a PMP certification, and a licensed real estate broker, I approach business investments with a focus on risk mitigation, service level agreements (SLAs), and operational transparency. I am writing this review to warn other serious professionals, institutional operators, and disciplined investors about the massive disconnect between this company's high-pressure sales promises and their actual legal willingness to stand behind their fulfillment model.

      During the sales process, the company relies heavily on impressive video testimonials, promises of dedicated daytime Virtual Assistants (VAs), and bold verbal claims—specifically, a guarantee that you will "double your investment" within 6 months or they will continue working with you for free.

      However, the moment you request that these verbal assurances be codified into a standard, mutually binding corporate addendum, the entire process breaks down.

      When I presented a professionally structured delivery schedule and service level addendum to align their verbal pitches with the contract, their team went completely silent. I didn't ask for a discount; I agreed to their full $19,300.00 contract price. I simply required standard operational accountability:

      1. Defined Support Cadence: Ensuring that their "lifetime coaching extension" actually guaranteed the continuation of 1-on-1 evening coaching and active daytime VA management, rather than dropping me into a passive, unmanaged Slack channel.
      2. Fair Operational Benchmarks: Calibrating my weekly outbound requirements proportionally if the daytime VA they manage failed to consistently deliver the targeted number of pre-vetted leads.
      3. Reasonable Billing Protections: Pacing the $19,300 cost over 12 monthly installments to align with standard corporate cash flow, while striking out predatory clauses that make the entire annual balance automatically accelerated and instantly due if a single monthly billing hiccup occurs.

      The company went completely silent for over a week the second they were asked to legally sign off on the very service standards they confidently brag about over the phone.

      The Bottom Line: This program's business model appears built to capitalize on passive retail buyers who sign one-sided, predatory contracts without reading the fine print. If they are completely unwilling to provide basic contractual protections or match their operational delivery to a client's professional schedule, they do not possess the backend infrastructure or the institutional integrity they claim.

      Save your $19,300. As a licensed professional, I can tell you that you can build your own proprietary data sourcing engine, skip-tracing pipelines, and dedicated offshore VA campaigns independently for a fraction of their startup cost. Avoid this program; their silence under basic professional scrutiny tells you everything you need to know about what happens after you give them your money.


      It is telling when an account is created on BiggerPockets literally yesterday (June 30, 2026) solely to chime in on a specific critical thread. Serious institutional operators and disciplined investors on this platform look at the data—and a 24-hour-old profile with one connection pitching a sales funnel under the guise of an "independent student" speaks for itself.

      To clarify the operational reality: the original critique is not an emotional grievance about a slow response, nor was there ever a request for this company to alter its program, curriculum, or core delivery model. A buyer agreeing to pay the full $19,300.00 contract price simply requires standard operational accountability: that the verbal assurances made by a sales team regarding scheduling and support cadences be codified into a standard, mutually binding corporate addendum.

      When a company refuses to sign a standard service level addendum, yet claims publicly or privately that they were "actively looking for a solution," their own internal corporate records contradict them. Unredacted internal communications from this organization's executive team reveal that behind the scenes, the Director of Operations viewed a routine request for written accountability as a massive burden, flatly stating verbatim, "We're not going to change everything just for 1 client," while internal logs explicitly confirmed that their promised "continuous" infrastructure actively cuts off at 3 months, treating extensions as hidden, separate upsells.

      Putting an organization's own verbal sales promises into a written contract isn't "changing everything"—it is basic corporate compliance. If an organization treats standard client protections and written accountability as obstacles, it does not possess the institutional integrity required for a serious investor's portfolio.

      Fabricating overnight forum accounts to run damage control does not change the contractual facts. The original review stands as an objective data point for professional buyers who require formal contractual alignment before deploying capital.

  • Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3mo

    You may have just saved me a ton of money. I have rental properties currently and were pressured by them to scale into the Multifamily units. I am currently resigning from my full-time job to focus on investment properties full time. I was on the fence with them but everything sounded too good to be true. Even though they have several testimonials that the program was a success. I was going to use my 401K to pay but I'll use it now for pther properties. Know you are God sent. 

    • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
      3mo
      Quote from @Account Closed:

      You may have just saved me a ton of money. I have rental properties currently and were pressured by them to scale into the Multifamily units. I am currently resigning from my full-time job to focus on investment properties full time. I was on the fence with them but everything sounded too good to be true. Even though they have several testimonials that the program was a success. I was going to use my 401K to pay but I'll use it now for pther properties. Know you are God sent. 

      I'm incredibly glad the review reached you at the right time. Protecting your 401k capital as you transition full-time into real estate is the absolute highest priority. Trust your gut—if they won't put it in writing, walk away.

      Wishing you massive success on your investing journey!

  • Investor · Southeast · Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3mo

    I literally just joined bigger pockets to chime in on this post because I went through several groups but REI was the only one that got me where I'm at today. I was full-time in medicine and had limited time and no experience at all beyond my own homes that I'd lived in. REI met me where I was at -and worked with me intricately through the process of learning, finding, funding, and getting me all the way across the finish line not just once, but twice during my first 6-8 months with them. Two complexes and 88 doors right out of the gate because they actually held my hand every step of the way and delivered everything they promised. To add to that, The partnerships I made from the group were fully competent partners because of REI's quality training. My business and all of my friends and colleagues' businesses from my "cohort" have all exploded in this last 18 months because of this group and the speed that we are scaling is all credited to such a all-inclusive and thorough, comprehensive network of skilled educators. For sure. I genuinely owe them for life. Additionally, I considered it so much more than just real estate, it was overall top-notch business coaching. The owner of the group is a Pastor and he taught me how to be a better man, business leader, steward, and ambassador for Christ. A "Kingdom Entrepreneur" thinking so much bigger than just earning myself more money. They taught me impact, not just income. Overall, priceless education, mindset, business coaching, and scalability with like-minded people. There is just no other group that even comes close. I learned this the hard way. I can honestly give my highest recommendation for REI accelerator without any reservations. I am in no way affiliated or paid by them, I'm just a student that had no real estate experience, no time, and no real capital, whose life was completely changed by just one decision in joining this group, believing in myself and Gods plan for me, and following the exact road map by this highly skilled mastermind that actually cares about student success. Period. They say what they mean and they mean what they say. Worth every penny. If you are starting your own journey, or interested in RE investing without landlording, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or interest in creating this trajectory for yourself.

    • Coto De Caza, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
      3mo
      Quote from @Tim Crowder:

      I literally just joined bigger pockets to chime in on this post because I went through several groups but REI was the only one that got me where I'm at today. I was full-time in medicine and had limited time and no experience at all beyond my own homes that I'd lived in. REI met me where I was at -and worked with me intricately through the process of learning, finding, funding, and getting me all the way across the finish line not just once, but twice during my first 6-8 months with them. Two complexes and 88 doors right out of the gate because they actually held my hand every step of the way and delivered everything they promised. To add to that, The partnerships I made from the group were fully competent partners because of REI's quality training. My business and all of my friends and colleagues' businesses from my "cohort" have all exploded in this last 18 months because of this group and the speed that we are scaling is all credited to such a all-inclusive and thorough, comprehensive network of skilled educators. For sure. I genuinely owe them for life. Additionally, I considered it so much more than just real estate, it was overall top-notch business coaching. The owner of the group is a Pastor and he taught me how to be a better man, business leader, steward, and ambassador for Christ. A "Kingdom Entrepreneur" thinking so much bigger than just earning myself more money. They taught me impact, not just income. Overall, priceless education, mindset, business coaching, and scalability with like-minded people. There is just no other group that even comes close. I learned this the hard way. I can honestly give my highest recommendation for REI accelerator without any reservations. I am in no way affiliated or paid by them, I'm just a student that had no real estate experience, no time, and no real capital, whose life was completely changed by just one decision in joining this group, believing in myself and Gods plan for me, and following the exact road map by this highly skilled mastermind that actually cares about student success. Period. They say what they mean and they mean what they say. Worth every penny. If you are starting your own journey, or interested in RE investing without landlording, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or interest in creating this trajectory for yourself.

      Hi, i would love to reach out to you and talk to you about your experience as I am considering joining. 
  • Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 79 votes
    3mo

    Appreciate you sharing this. I've been on the mentorship side of multifamily (not REI Accelerator, but one similar) so here are just my thoughts.

    I feel like most of these programs are being honest when they say they'll help you get your first deal. But getting a deal done and earning meaningful income from them are two very different things. So in regard to them guaranteeing 20k/month...I'd like to see how they're guaranteeing that before a deal even exists. 

    Anyways a lot of the big numbers that people throw around assume you're the lead sponsor. Because if you're just dining the deal and submitting LOIs, but then they're stepping in to help you close (or just raising capital), I'm curious about the GP economics split that you'd be getting.

    With what I've seen, anyone can say anything on a call, but they always go back to what's on the agreement. I'm all for mentorship's, but just my thoughts. 

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2mo

    Spot on, Garret. You hit the exact structural flaw that any serious operator looks for.

    That is precisely why I insisted on a formal service level agreement. When these programs throw around a "guaranteed $20k/month," they are selling retail marketing math to passive buyers. In the real world of commercial syndication, if a mentorship group has to step in to raise your capital, sign on the debt, or bail out the acquisition, they are going to aggressively dilute your GP economics. You aren't building a sustainable platform if you are giving away the majority of your GP stake just to get a deal across the finish line.

    As you noted, anyone can say anything on a sales call, but the legal reality begins and ends with the executed contract. If an organization confidently brags about their backend fulfillment, continuous daytime asset sourcing, and evening availability over the phone, they should have zero hesitation putting those exact parameters into a mutually binding addendum.

    When a provider goes silent or treats routine contractual accountability as a burden, it tells you everything you need to know about their actual backend infrastructure.

    Appreciate you bringing some real-world underwriting perspective to the thread.

    This cements your authority on the forum, acknowledges his expertise, and keeps the focus exactly where it hurts the company most: the reality of contract law and real estate economics.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.