RAD Diversified Review — It Wasn't Pretty

RAD Diversified Review — It Wasn't Pretty

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 7 votes

I read about RAD through BP and I wanted to leave my review of them for other to be better informed before investing with them. Their salesman (Gregg Poirier) was very easy to get in contact when I was considering investing. He was really pushing me to invest by a certain date to lock in my price before the share price went up. I ended up investing $10,000 into their REIT. Once I invested and was part of the "RADD family," he was very hard to get ahold of. He did confirm that I got into the REIT before the share prices went up. I wasn't able to get access to their portal even though he claimed it had been sent over.

Over a month after my investment, I get a call from RADD telling me that they actually didn't put my money into the REIT. They had oversubscribed the REIT and my money has just been sitting around in a RADD account even though Gregg had told me that my money was invested in the REIT. They claimed they didn't want to tell me that my money was not in the REIT for a month because they first wanted to figure out a solution to offer myself and other customers (red flag). They offered me a promissory note with a 10% interest rate that I believe went for 18 months. They said if there is more space in the REIT later on, the money would then be transferred into the REIT, but they couldn't promise me that I'd be able to get into the REIT. I checked out the terms of the note, it wasn't backed by ANYTHING. It essentially said I trusted them to give me 10%, which as is probably clear by now, they aren't really a trustworthy organization. I asked if I got a refund would I still get an annualized 10% for the amount of time they were sitting on my money, and they wouldn't do that.

After reviewing their terms I asked for a refund. It took me multiple emails and calls for them to get the refund sorted out over the next three weeks. My overall gist of them is that RADD got pretty popular and they don't have proper operations setup to deal with the scale. If you're an accredited investor putting in 6 figures, they might take care of you better, but otherwise I would completely stay away from them. Much better places to put your money with people who are responsive, don't overpromise, and don't continuously give you a runaround.

6Reply
1,040 views

Most Popular Reply

Melanie P.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
2y
Quote from @Dutch Mendenhall:
Quote from @Chris Tessmann:

Hey Dutch,

My IC Membership refund was approved 2/13/24, and was advised 2/19/24 that it would be processed that coming Friday (2/23/24). I then sent 6 emails over the next 10 days that were not responded to until the last one on 2/29/24, and was told it didn't go out in the prior week, and that your DoC was "hoping it would go out in this week's batch" (3/1/24). On 3/1/24, your DoC sent me an email stating that "Unfortunately no disbursements will go out this week. That is the only update I can provide today. I am the only person that will be able to update you in this matter. You can continue to reach out to the entire company looking for updates but again I will be the one to reach out as I get further direction."

After a few additional email interactions that same day, your DoC stated "I do not have an answer for you. I depend on another department as well for answers and I too have to wait," and then asked if I would "be open to an installment of a partial payment? So that I can go and ask if that is possible.If not then I will wait." (This is also after I was asked very early on if I would like to put the refund into the REIT instead of a cash refund.)

Since then, I have sent nine additional emails asking for status update with no response from anyone in the thread. 


I started this refund request process 12/29/23 and it has been extremely frustrating in its' own right, to say nothing of the challenges that prompted the refund request being made in the first place. If transparency, responsiveness, and reliability are truly core values for RADD, I would appreciate you seeing to it that this isn't delayed any further. 


Thank you.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I understand how important it is to resolve this matter promptly.

I want to address your concerns regarding the delay in processing your IC Membership refund. I have been made aware of some issues, including problems related to IRA money movement and incomplete deals, which have contributed to the delay in issuing refunds.

I want to assure you that your refund has been approved, and steps are being taken to expedite the process. As of now, the refund is scheduled to be issued soon. I apologize for the lack of communication and for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Transparency, responsiveness, and reliability are indeed core values for us at RADD, and I am committed to ensuring that your concerns are addressed promptly and efficiently.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

IRA money movement and incomplete deals? Perhaps you can provide a funds tracking and proof of funds to your investor. Show where their money is received and where it is being held now.

A response like this coupled with your inability to issue a refund in dollars makes you sound like a Ponzi scheme that's about to implode on itself. I understand that is not your history, but that is what you sound like today, IMHO.

See this reply in the discussion

166 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Melody Bohannon:

    Prior to my investment, I asked my advisor, Mark Zabilowicz,  multiple times about the holding period and was consistently assured that I could request the return after six months. However, when I requested the return of my funds on June 26, 2023, that information did not hold true. Since then, I have been repeatedly told that my funds would be forthcoming, only to later hear that all funds are frozen. It has now been 16 months since my initial request, and I am looking for a clear timeline and action to fulfill this commitment.

    I have already filed a complaint with the Department of DPBR Office of Financial Regulation, as RAD now holds an F rating with the Better Business Bureau, and legal actions are being posted. I am not typically litigious, but this situation is unacceptable. I was misled when I made my investment, with Dutch frequently stating in public communications that RAD is “like family” and that funds would be returned easily if needed. However, the reality has proven to be quite different, and I am feeling deceived and deeply frustrated.

    I am prepared to pursue this matter further, including with media outlets if necessary. Holding investor funds without a clear and reliable process for withdrawal reflects poorly on RAD’s reputation and calls into question the ethical nature of its practices. In an industry where trust and reputation are paramount, RAD’s predatory and misleading policies are shocking.

    Additionally, I will be explaining to the FTC that RAD’s practices meet the definition of “Deceptive Practices” as per the Commission’s Policy Statement on Deception, which prohibits material representations or omissions likely to mislead consumers.

    On multiple occasions, I was told there would be no issues in accessing my funds. Yet, when I initiated a withdrawal, I was met with a complex set of terms, penalties, and withholding conditions that were never clearly explained beforehand. I intend to publish these details as part of my review and highlight how, despite reassurances from Dutch, RAD’s policies are designed in a way that restricts access to funds.


    have you ever thought that maybe there are no funds is why they are not returning them. How do you know there are funds have you seen actual bank accounts ?
  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    I guess my 5000is in permanent limbo

  • Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Dutch Mendenhall:

    Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share your thoughts on RADD! Your feedback is crucial, and we genuinely appreciate it. We're committed to providing a top-notch experience for all our investors, and your input helps us identify areas for improvement.

    Transparency, responsiveness, and reliability are core values for us, and your insights have highlighted where we can enhance our services. Rest assured, we're actively working on addressing these aspects to ensure a smoother and more reliable experience moving forward.


     You're hilarious DUTCH!!!! You think the ones that are taking action against you are doing it for the fun of it? NO!! It is because you make promises to get what you want and RADD (you) don't deliver!! All talk and rip offs no payment to the people you have your hand out to. 

  • Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Mustafa Shaikh:

    I read about RAD through BP and I wanted to leave my review of them for other to be better informed before investing with them. Their salesman (Gregg Poirier) was very easy to get in contact when I was considering investing. He was really pushing me to invest by a certain date to lock in my price before the share price went up. I ended up investing $10,000 into their REIT. Once I invested and was part of the "RADD family," he was very hard to get ahold of. He did confirm that I got into the REIT before the share prices went up. I wasn't able to get access to their portal even though he claimed it had been sent over.

    Over a month after my investment, I get a call from RADD telling me that they actually didn't put my money into the REIT. They had oversubscribed the REIT and my money has just been sitting around in a RADD account even though Gregg had told me that my money was invested in the REIT. They claimed they didn't want to tell me that my money was not in the REIT for a month because they first wanted to figure out a solution to offer myself and other customers (red flag). They offered me a promissory note with a 10% interest rate that I believe went for 18 months. They said if there is more space in the REIT later on, the money would then be transferred into the REIT, but they couldn't promise me that I'd be able to get into the REIT. I checked out the terms of the note, it wasn't backed by ANYTHING. It essentially said I trusted them to give me 10%, which as is probably clear by now, they aren't really a trustworthy organization. I asked if I got a refund would I still get an annualized 10% for the amount of time they were sitting on my money, and they wouldn't do that.

    After reviewing their terms I asked for a refund. It took me multiple emails and calls for them to get the refund sorted out over the next three weeks. My overall gist of them is that RADD got pretty popular and they don't have proper operations setup to deal with the scale. If you're an accredited investor putting in 6 figures, they might take care of you better, but otherwise I would completely stay away from them. Much better places to put your money with people who are responsive, don't overpromise, and don't continuously give you a runaround.


     Sad RADD doesn't take their actions or shall I say no action to give to the one's they say they'll pay while keep asking others for more money. Having the people who believed in them chase them down to get what is theirs and owed to them back left with nothing but broken trust, betrayal and  a bad taste in your mouth for the RADD company as a whole. Sickening!!!Where is it all going? Lining your pockets? 

  • Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Tessmann:

    Hey Dutch,

    My IC Membership refund was approved 2/13/24, and was advised 2/19/24 that it would be processed that coming Friday (2/23/24). I then sent 6 emails over the next 10 days that were not responded to until the last one on 2/29/24, and was told it didn't go out in the prior week, and that your DoC was "hoping it would go out in this week's batch" (3/1/24). On 3/1/24, your DoC sent me an email stating that "Unfortunately no disbursements will go out this week. That is the only update I can provide today. I am the only person that will be able to update you in this matter. You can continue to reach out to the entire company looking for updates but again I will be the one to reach out as I get further direction."

    After a few additional email interactions that same day, your DoC stated "I do not have an answer for you. I depend on another department as well for answers and I too have to wait," and then asked if I would "be open to an installment of a partial payment? So that I can go and ask if that is possible.If not then I will wait." (This is also after I was asked very early on if I would like to put the refund into the REIT instead of a cash refund.)

    Since then, I have sent nine additional emails asking for status update with no response from anyone in the thread. 


    I started this refund request process 12/29/23 and it has been extremely frustrating in its' own right, to say nothing of the challenges that prompted the refund request being made in the first place. If transparency, responsiveness, and reliability are truly core values for RADD, I would appreciate you seeing to it that this isn't delayed any further. 


    Thank you.


     But he can keep sending this all out to people to ask for more money while ignoring the one's RADD/ Dutch owes. 

    Dutch Mendenhall Header

    Hi Dyanne,

    What’s your plan to protect your wealth when the market takes a turn?

    Now is the time to add something real and reliable to your portfolio.

    In our upcoming webinar, we’ll show you how.

    Untitled design (2)

    Almost no one is talking about the insights I’m going to reveal on this upcoming webinar.

    Everyone who attends will be ahead of the curve. Make sure you’re there.

    Talk soon,

    Dutch Mendenhall

    Dutch Mendenhall
    Don't leave a memory ~ Leave a Legacy!

    dmfooter
    Dutch Mendenhall Header

    Hi Dyanne,

    What’s your plan to protect your wealth when the market takes a turn?

    Now is the time to add something real and reliable to your portfolio.

    In our upcoming webinar, we’ll show you how.

    Untitled design (2)

    Almost no one is talking about the insights I’m going to reveal on this upcoming webinar.

    Everyone who attends will be ahead of the curve. Make sure you’re there.

    Talk soon,

    Dutch Mendenhall

    Dutch Mendenhall
    Don't leave a memory ~ Leave a Legacy!

    dmfooter
  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison

  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y

    calling the office number gets me no where , no one answers of returns my calls from leaving voice mail

  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y

    Call your local FBI field office and ask for the duty agent. It's important for the government to receive as much information as people are willing to share about what is going on over there. Please tell the FBI that the SEC already made a referral to the Los Angeles US Attorney but their office is not accepting information directly about the case. 

    The more reports that are received the better chance something will be done. All indicators point to this being a criminal enterprise. Their "employees" receive 1099s, which is illegal - especially for the marketing staff. That in itself is several felonies relating to misrepresenting information on tax returns and because if the markeitng people are 1099 they are a separate company and would need to possess a Broker's license to market for RAD.

  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Alan David:

    I guess my 5000is in permanent limbo


     What are you going to do about it? Will you make a report to law enforcement?

  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    i filed an SEC complaint awhile ago, waiting to see what happens in January.Foolishly..hopeful.

  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    Mendenhall has nerve posting ads on here..no surprise.

  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Melanie P.:
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

    he number i called..cant remember his name but if you see other posts on here he has posted (number redacted) Brent?  said he no longer works there and not to otn to call him when i did..

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Alan David:

    i filed an SEC complaint awhile ago, waiting to see what happens in January.Foolishly..hopeful.


     There is other chatter on BP about Norada. I believe they got in touch with someone specific at the FBI and also some of the state regulators to open investigations. I would check out those posts and see who was active in them and reach out to them to see who they have gotten in touch with - it sounds like they are making some progress and from what I heard have the ear of someone at the SEC or DOJ that is looking into it. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    sorry, how did you "hear"

  • Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison

    Did you ask him questions? 

  • Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

    he number i called..cant remember his name but if you see other posts on here he has posted (number redacted) Brent?  said he no longer works there and not to otn to call him when i did..
  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    Ive been waiting for adistribrution for two years,itsa supposed to come in January but Im not all that hopeful.

    Just a little  guy now disabled and need the funds,

  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 716 posts · 313 votes
    1y

    Pay the higher to use the bigger houses give you a piece of mind .

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Alan David:

    Ive been waiting for adistribrution for two years,itsa supposed to come in January but Im not all that hopeful.

    Just a little  guy now disabled and need the funds,


     Alan - I am so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you did not have a large investment involved in the offering. 

    I would not plan on receiving those funds back. If you do get something that would be fantastic but I would go about planning that the funds are not coming back. According to posts above, the phone is disconnected, they have not submitted any SEC required docs in years and I think in one of their offerings it notes the SEC is involved. 

    So lets hope something positive happens, but also make sure to plan for the worst case as well.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    It sucks for me, but lesson learned Dutch lies through his teeth constantly He ropes, you v in with his  lying tales if customer support and honesty. Neither was true. 

  • Member since 2024 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

    he number i called..cant remember his name but if you see other posts on here he has posted (number redacted) Brent?  said he no longer works there and not to otn to call him when i did..

    @Chris Seveney @Jay Hinrichs can either of you two assist me in removing the above post with my phone number listed?  

     @James Miller James, as I told you, I dont work for RADD since September 2024.  I was not involved in contracts, funds, etc.  I left the government after 30+ years to join my brother in Jan 2022.  I am back with the government now.

    @Melanie P. I attempted to engage in professional discussions with you on here when I did work for RADD and represented them (Dutch) in a professional manner, you had no desire to do so other than to continue to post.   I caution you now in desiring to call me or reference to me in any way with RADD or contracts, promissory notes etc.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Brent Mendenhall:
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

    he number i called..cant remember his name but if you see other posts on here he has posted 9196045703 Brent?  said he no longer works there and not to otn to call him when i did..

    @Chris Seveney @Jay Hinrichs can either of you two assist me in removing the above post with my phone number listed?  

     @James Miller James, as I told you, I dont work for RADD since September 2024.  I was not involved in contracts, funds, etc.  I left the government after 30+ years to join my brother in Jan 2022.  I am back with the government now.

    @Melanie P. I attempted to engage in professional discussions with you on here when I did work for RADD and represented them (Dutch) in a professional manner, you had no desire to do so other than to continue to post.   I caution you now in desiring to call me or reference to me in any way with RADD or contracts, promissory notes etc.


    U need to contact BP corporate.. nothing I can do.
  • Member since 2024 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Brent Mendenhall:
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

    he number i called..cant remember his name but if you see other posts on here he has posted 9196045703 Brent?  said he no longer works there and not to otn to call him when i did..

    @Chris Seveney @Jay Hinrichs can either of you two assist me in removing the above post with my phone number listed?  

     @James Miller James, as I told you, I dont work for RADD since September 2024.  I was not involved in contracts, funds, etc.  I left the government after 30+ years to join my brother in Jan 2022.  I am back with the government now.

    @Melanie P. I attempted to engage in professional discussions with you on here when I did work for RADD and represented them (Dutch) in a professional manner, you had no desire to do so other than to continue to post.   I caution you now in desiring to call me or reference to me in any way with RADD or contracts, promissory notes etc.


    U need to contact BP corporate.. nothing I can do.

     @Jay Hinrichs thank you Jay, totally understand.  Hope your Christmas and holiday season is great!

  • Member since 2024 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Brent Mendenhall:
    Quote from @James Miller:
    Quote from @Melanie P.:
    Quote from @James Miller:

    does any one know the brother of the owner?  i called a number I found on line and it was his personal number he said and he not working for Rad.  Im sure he has plenty of money now and no longer need to work..he should be in prison


     Please PM me the number you dialed and which brother, if you know the name. If you don't that's fine too. Would like to see if he satisified his outstanding promissory notes. You are correct that they are headed for serious trouble. 

    he number i called..cant remember his name but if you see other posts on here he has posted 9196045703 Brent?  said he no longer works there and not to otn to call him when i did..

    @Chris Seveney @Jay Hinrichs can either of you two assist me in removing the above post with my phone number listed?  

     @James Miller James, as I told you, I dont work for RADD since September 2024.  I was not involved in contracts, funds, etc.  I left the government after 30+ years to join my brother in Jan 2022.  I am back with the government now.

    @Melanie P. I attempted to engage in professional discussions with you on here when I did work for RADD and represented them (Dutch) in a professional manner, you had no desire to do so other than to continue to post.   I caution you now in desiring to call me or reference to me in any way with RADD or contracts, promissory notes etc.

    @Scott Trench can someone from BP Corporate please assist in removing the post that has my personal phone number?  Thank you very much.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.