• Homeowner
  • Paris, Fr
Votes |
How to invest 300k euros cash

Sarah M.
  • Homeowner
  • Paris, Fr
Posted Feb 26 2014, 03:51

Hi I am new and just thought I' d jump right in. Background, we own one flat in France where we have 100% equity and a great tenant in place. We have our niche, the town in France where we already have one property and know the market like the back of our hand, hence to simplify life want to continue purchasing there.

We are interested in owning several properties and not complicating our lives too much with many loans, flips, or renovations. We buy quality flats and my rule is- would I want to live there myself?

So we have saved a bunch of money and wondering what to do. Immediately I think buy another 1 bedroom flat. Te market is low in France now, so I can buy a nice flat for 100k and immediately rent for 500 per month. Not the best return, but solid and can only go up.

Then say in 2 years time we want to buy our principle residence, say a private home....

I have started to think about leveraging since we have equity, but how should this be done? Should I buy the second flat cash and do leveraging later for subsequent purchases ? Or leverage now our first flat? Money s doing almost nothing in the bank, so I am thinking buy cash now.

Also in France to leverage requires a lawyer and documents for the bank which cost around 3 k so not completely free...

Also I don't like headaches and don't want to deal with buildings or many tenants....simple, even if it means less money. Merci!

Loading replies...