What happened to Duncan Taylor

27 Replies

I was wondering the same thing. I figured He was on a golfing vacation someplace exotic.

@Duncan Taylor

you know we had the craigslist killer in Boston, set up appointments with prostitutes and killed them,,,do we have a Bigger Pockets stalker,,asking for a mentor then holding them hostage until they tell all of the 'secrets of real estate".....

I bet he is on vacation or busy with work

He was changing jobs recently, I bet he has gotten busy with that. It was going to be a big change I think.

I've been missing him too. I think his account is still active, unlike the other guy that he got into an argument with. I kind of enjoy a little drama on the site and it's been really mild here lately. I think his website/blog is down too.

Jay it takes a lot to moderate what is already here.

The last thing I think Josh wants ( I can't speak for him ) is to encourage debates on controversial topics that quickly get out of control.

There is already an off topic section but I do not know if everyone can post there.

A lot of trolls, link droppers, etc. constantly barrage the site. These spirited debates often get out of control very fast and take a lot to moderate to either stop the topic all together or get things back on track. I just do not think it is that productive to the site and it's mission.

Hopefully Josh and Brandon can jump in and offer their take on it.

@Joel Owens

Point taken... WE have one on my airplane site and it leads to spirited debates and by and large I think our members on that site is by and large a much smaller tight knit group Plus you have to pay to be a member... As I think about this like you say there is so many post from unknown sources on BP But any way it was just a thought

Originally he signed up being in WA, but wasn't there saying he was out of country, then registered in GA. Who knows? Might ask Joe Gore, he may have an idea where Duncan went. He's an IT guy is what I thought so the internet doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to get on from anyplace. Said he was retired, then working a new job, so again, no idea. He's close to my age and at our ages a hospital stay can be a heart beat away. We've already lost a couple active members, but I'd bet he's still on the green side. :)

My sources at the Pentagon tell me he's on a top secret mission, but they do know the details. He's either flying that G4 over the "real" search area looking for that missing 777, or he's deep inside of the Ukraine repelling the commies.

I think he said in one post he was out of commission for a while due to knee surgery when he stumbled along BP. With that out of the way, I bet he's moved on to more important things to do. We all get busy and need to focus sometimes. Also, he said he took on a mentee and I don't think he's been around much since. I'd say he accomplished what he wanted to do. Who knows, he could be back at some point, but he didn't really seem to need anything except something to occupy his time while he was recoverying from knee surgery. I must say, he definitely livened things up around here with some stimulating conversations, so it would be nice to see him back at some point.

Mostly, I miss the beating the dead horse video!

Might have gone to that Big Pocket in the sky?

Originally posted by @Bill Gulley :
Originally he signed up being in WA, but wasn't there saying he was out of country, then registered in GA. Who knows? Might ask Joe Gore, he may have an idea where Duncan went. He's an IT guy is what I thought so the internet doesn't seem to be a difficult thing to get on from anyplace. Said he was retired, then working a new job, so again, no idea. He's close to my age and at our ages a hospital stay can be a heart beat away. We've already lost a couple active members, but I'd bet he's still on the green side. :)

Yes, I am still on the green side. lol.

When I signed up I lived in WA state and disclosed that. When I changed my residence to GA, I disclosed that. When we recently moved up here on the lake in Dawsonville, I updated my profile again. If anyone is interested in a home in TPC Sugarloaf, Berkshire-Hathaway has the listing.

I left my position with the company in WA in February but I joined a VC at the start of March. That has been an E-Ticket ride so far. (Those my age will get it.)

I've just been busy. Between the new VC, mentoring, getting the WA property squared away, trying to buy the one next to it, moving to the lake, golf when I can and other activities I haven't been here very much lately. I'll try to get here more often. But summer is coming and that means the grandkids will take center stage.

Originally posted by Account Closed:
Mostly, I miss the beating the dead horse video!

Originally posted by @Sharad M. :
I am sure he is active on site under a different name or too busy mentoring :)

Nope, just been a little busy.

Originally posted by @Gerald K. :
I think he said in one post he was out of commission for a while due to knee surgery when he stumbled along BP. With that out of the way, I bet he's moved on to more important things to do. We all get busy and need to focus sometimes. Also, he said he took on a mentee and I don't think he's been around much since. I'd say he accomplished what he wanted to do. Who knows, he could be back at some point, but he didn't really seem to need anything except something to occupy his time while he was recoverying from knee surgery. I must say, he definitely livened things up around here with some stimulating conversations, so it would be nice to see him back at some point.

Honestly, I didn't come here to accomplish any agenda. It was just something to do while the knees were healing. But, this site is interestingly addictive.

Originally posted by @Bill Gulley :
Good to hear, at least you're not pushing up daisies. Don't be falling in the lake either, it's still toooo cold! :)

The locals tell me the lake usually inverts in late April or early May. But, it was below freezing again last night and will be again tonight. They tell me it might be late May or early June, like in 1982, before it happens. Until then, it is way too cold to get in by choice.

@Brian L.

"I've been missing him too. I think his account is still active, unlike the other guy that he got into an argument with. I kind of enjoy a little drama on the site and it's been really mild here lately."

I am the other 'guy" but am not a guy but a lady and my account is also still active. I just felt that there wasn;t much going in these posts so I have not logged on for a while.

Hope to keep you entertained!

Originally posted by @Pat Marco :
@Brian L.

"I've been missing him too. I think his account is still active, unlike the other guy that he got into an argument with. I kind of enjoy a little drama on the site and it's been really mild here lately."

I am the other 'guy" but am not a guy but a lady and my account is also still active. I just felt that there wasn;t much going in these posts so I have not logged on for a while.

Hope to keep you entertained!

Welcome back Pat! :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.